Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:27:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Big Ron's racist remark resignation

Started by Peking O, April 21, 2004, 09:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peking O

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3648051.stm

Looks like the nation will now be sadly deprived of such classic comments as 'early doors' and players 'selling him a lollipop'. Seems that Ron was a bit of a daft racist after all. I wonder what he said? No doubt the Tabloids are falling over themselves to print up the comments.

Doctor Stamen

Three threads on this in as many minutes.  Very impressive!

Peking O

Oops, 2 threads already on the go, probably best to ignore this one.

gazzyk1ns

I wonder what he said? I love his attempt at an excuse though:

"If you look at my track record as a manager, I was one of the first managers in the game to give black players a chance."

I actually can't stop laughing...

Lady Beany

I have put a link in Dr Stamen's thread that takes you to what the honky biatch said like...

Peking O

If you go itno this thread:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=1897

...and click on the ananova link, all will be revealed. All 3 threads still going? Ron was obviously more popular than I thought....

Doctor Stamen

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"I wonder what he said? I love his attempt at an excuse though:

"If you look at my track record as a manager, I was one of the first managers in the game to give black players a chance."

I actually can't stop laughing...

Oh yeah, he had three blacks at West Brom in the late 70s (Cyrille Regis, Brendon Batson and Laurie Cunningham) and nicknamed them 'The Three Degrees'.  There's nothing racist about that!