Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,794
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

i love little girls!

Started by smoker, April 22, 2004, 09:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker

yesterday evening iwas walking back from the shop at the end of my road, when i saw three girls aged maybe 5 to 8, stood in an alley and practising their doh rey mees. "aw, choir practise" i innocently thought as i walked by. 5 seconds later they burst into a very loud acapella version of a green day song, basketcase i think. it was plain bizarre, but a very good rendition.

little girls, they're great aren't they

zozman

I couldn't eat a whole one.

Speciality meat product

Strange that a 5 year old would know the words to basketcase. That must have been quite surreal.

Are you sure you weren't dreaming?

smoker

no when i dream about little girls they're not usually singing

mook

Nearly Annually

Don't you mean:

Thank Evans? Edit: nope, yours is better. Gotta love that bow tie scene.

A couple of summers ago I was in the beer garden with my mate Dave and two unsupervised little girls, about 8 or 9, were giggling and peeking at us around the Carlsberg parasols. When we got up to leave, they chorused "Bye boys," as rehearsed. Being in our mid thirties, we're both still on a high from that.

Bet you can't wait 'til Roscoe's ready for nursery and birthday parties.

TraceyQ

< thins lips, sniffs and waits for the rumble of Neil's boots down the corridor>

Nearly Annually

Well if anybody genuinely thinks my little story is iffy, they can go back to the idiotic paedogeddon they came from. Life-affirming, I call it.

Anyway, fuck me and fuck GD. *Ahem* that episode 8 of the Radio 1 shows is spectacularly good isn't it.

fanny splendid

There was an interesting thing on TV this morning about acne. There was a research scientist saying that we get acne when we are young teenagers to make us ugly, so that we don't appear to be a a sexual threat to adults, and they hopefully wont kill us.

This scientist was very proud that he could put an isolated pore into a test tube, bring it back to life, and make it generate both white heads and black heads on demand.

TraceyQ

Quote from: "fanny splendid"There was an interesting thing on TV this morning about acne. There was a research scientist saying that we get acne when we are young teenagers to make us ugly, so that we don't appear to be a a sexual threat to adults, and they hopefully wont kill us.

What about the ones that dont get spotty? God, acne must be awful. Ew.

Nearly Annually

Now, I heard that acne occurred to promote intersexual contact in teenagers. Grooming. You squeeze each other's zits, one thing leads to another ...

smoker

that's how adrian mole got together with pandora isn't it?

falafel

Smoker: are you sure they weren't signing that awful McFly "song" whose chorus moumentally rips off that of Basketcase? - "I think I'm cracking up" becomes "who the hell is she?" and so on. I hope they rot in hell. They're not even attractive, for fuck's sake. What's the fucking deal?

Rant over.

Not that I like Greenday anyway.

And kids irritate me.

smoker

nope, was definitely "do you have the time..." etc. and very good they were too. i would have rewarded them by buying them some sweets but thought if their parents were nearby i might have got a funny look or worse

Neil

Quote from: "Nearly Annually"Well if anybody genuinely thinks my little story is iffy, they can go back to the idiotic paedogeddon they came from. Life-affirming, I call it.

Anyway, fuck me and fuck GD. *Ahem* that episode 8 of the Radio 1 shows is spectacularly good isn't it.

This post of yours sums up exactly what's wrong with these forums nowadays.  You are a sneery useless cunt who is "too cool to like stuff". So terrified are you of looking like a "nerd", you insist on having about 7 different accounts to spread the load of the brainless shit that you endlessly generate.

de selby

You really shouldn't let it upset you so much Neil.

Sam

Sorry for not being in the loop but is Nearly Annually the same person as Almost Yearly?

smoker

Quote from: "Sam"Sorry for not being in the loop but is Nearly Annually the same person as Almost Yearly?

yeah, he's the funny one of the two

Neil

Users posting from this IP address
Almost Yearly [ 400 Posts ]    
Nearly Annually [ 225 Posts ]    
Virtually Perennially [ 107 Posts ]    
Presque Tous Les Ans [ 9 Posts ]    
Wrong [ 3 Posts ]

...but hey, just sneer at those comedy-loving cunts like all the others, and noone will ever suspect you haven't a single thought in your shiny bald head!  All the cool kids are doing it!

May I be bold and suggest to everyone that the problems only start on the boards when people refuse to let lie something which is petty and inconsequential.

jutl

Quote from: "Neil"
...but hey, just sneer at those comedy-loving cunts like all the others, and noone will ever suspect you haven't a single thought in your shiny bald head!  All the cool kids are doing it!

Have you two had some argument I've missed? Personally I enjoy AY's posts, and haven't seen him sneering at comedy fans...

Neil

Well it's so de rigeur now that you probably barely notice, however any time I come in to GD I invariably see some sneering references to "comedy police" or "the chuckle reich" etc.  Cause y'know, being interested in stuff is, like, saaaaad, innit.

Purple Tentacle

"The Chuckle Reich" has always been a bit of a joke, I've not seen anybody take offence at it. It began in The Bomb'd Shelter after my Nazi Barry mong had been put up, and as far as I'm aware it's just a bit of light-hearted teasing of the CC "heavyweights".  

Never let it be said that they don't have a sense of humour.

The whole "nazi" jibe is a joke anyway, nobody outside of their GCSEs uses the word with a straight face anyway. Except Big Ron Atkinson and Kilroy, perhaps.

@ssmaster

Neil maybe this PHPBB hack maybe a handy one to have. BTW I am posting this as a genuine attempt at providing a solution to ignoring crappy posts and not just being flippant.

Nearly Annually

Quote from: "Neil""comedy police" ... "the chuckle reich"
Both terms I haven't once used. Not sure what's going on here - you did say fuck me and fuck GD, as if we are somehow synonymous, and I meant it about R1 ep 8, which I was listening to this morning when I posted that post. I wasn't being sarcastic. Ah, sod it :-((

Shame about the Wrong thing. I was saving him for something.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Neil"Well it's so de rigeur now that you probably barely notice, however any time I come in to GD I invariably see some sneering references to "comedy police" or "the chuckle reich" etc.  Cause y'know, being interested in stuff is, like, saaaaad, innit.

I have to hold my hands up to the "Chuckle Reich" usage. I was just feeling pissed off at comments basically consisting of "No women come to the forums cos the threads you lot post in GB are shit, which is also why I spend most of my time with the people who have got something important to say in CC."
Well, I spend most of my time in GB because whenever I dip into CC the discussions always seem to be about whether someone is actually funny or whether they're fooling us all by just pulling funny faces. Someone always has to apologise for actually liking something and then they get pilloried anyway. The limit for me is when someone uses the word "coda" when discussing comedy.
I'm not really saying there shouldn't be discussions like that, I suppose - I just don't want to be involved. I got fed up with that kind of talk about experimental music years ago and, trust me, I'm still deeply interested in the music itself. I just want to enjoy stuff and have a laugh (and, like it or not, AY does that) without someone saying "That's not funny, you know".
And please don't think this is a personal attack on you Neil. I'm just trying to defend people's need to be silly arses from time to time.
And you're right BTW. Multimongia is fucking funny and I should have got into looking at it months ago.

Darrell

Quote from: "Johnny Yesno"The limit for me is when someone uses the word "coda" when discussing comedy.

Oh, fuck off. Shaun of the Dead has both an ending and a distinct coda, therefore I used the word CODA. Why does it offend you so much?!

Should people post only in terms of "ye ti was a reet laf n ded funee lol :0" then? Why shouldn't I be allowed to use a word just because it doesn't appear in general conversation that often (it's not even as though it's an obscure word)? Would you rather me have used "the end, but not the story end, the bit after the end y'know"?

Tedious fuckwank.

TotalNightmare

Quote from: "zozman"I couldn't eat a whole one.

you could make a start....

european son

i'll admit i've had the odd go at CC;

when i was in SE chatting away about a band, and someone's criticism veered away from the acceptable ("they're shit, have crap hair, and are a bunch of poofs") to the bitchy ("people, that's you, are fools who only like them to look like hip cats) i got a bit narky.

and in my narkiness i said that "this aint CC", because, (and i feel terrible saying this), CC is the only place on the board where critique of taste (admittedly rarely) seems to veer into insults.

chatting about books and films (GD) or pop (SE) seems more light-hearted to me.

i dig that this is primarily a comedy site, and thus folk are likely to get more heated about comedy. it's probably nowt wrong with CC, i'm just a touch wimpy and get intimidated too easily.