Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:24:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Matadoring Fans

Started by Partridge's Love Child, April 23, 2004, 11:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What a terrible thread title.  You're lucky though, I nearly called it  "Ole!  Gunnar Solksj-ow!", "Sc-goring at the Bernab-ow" and then "Cows arses and banjos".  Kill me.  Preferrably with a bull.

Quote from: "A hack at [url=http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_930891.html?menu=Ananova[/url]"]A Dorset man who volunteered for a soccer kickabout in a Mexican bullring, ended up being gored by a bull.

Ieuan Llewellyn was invited to play football with five other tourists before the fights began at the arena in Cancun.

But he was puzzled when they were all given helmets as two small goals were dragged into place.

[...]

Ieuan, from Bournemouth, said: "As we entered the compere said, 'Watch out for the bull' but I thought he said 'ball'.

Heh, how very silly.  A rather flimsy story I'll confess, but that last bit tickled me sufficiently to share it with you, and it is Friday after all.

QuoteIt kept catapulting me into the air and the crowd was cheering and clapping."

I've had games like that.  The referrees are blind sometimes aren't they etc etc.

Abbie

Haha!  Loved this bit:-

QuoteBut he was puzzled when they were all given helmets as two small goals were dragged into place.

Thanks for raising a chuckle, you lanky streak of piss.  I've just finished writing a defamatory email to a local vicar who is sending chain mail out for the John Craggs "Compliment Slip Collection" (a hoax).  He's an AOL user too, so I was extra obnoxious in my reply.

I love Radio 1's Newsbeat.  They've just interviewed this divvy, and asked the question:

QuoteDo you feel a bit daft?

He didn't seem very amused, amusingly.

In other football news, apparently Bolton are on the verge of signing Rivaldo on a free transfer.