Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:36:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hawking

Started by Frinky, April 25, 2004, 09:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frinky

You hear that?

Thats the sound of Frink being two weeks late.

Did anyone catch this on one of the Beebs a while ago? I thought it was tremendously interesting, and quite moving - while being relativly (ha!) free of mawk. He's always been a hero of mine, not becuase he's a brave guy in a chair who likes a bit of S&M, but becuase in his early days he was the kind of scientist we need in the public eye today - random and spontaneous, both exciting and excitable. If he were in his prime now, he'd have been a Ghostbuster, I'm sure. I really enjoyed the program though, it was quite nice to see him be in equal parts both smug - with a sharp, barbed sarcastic wit - and humble when coping with his illness - the former you don't attribute to him when you think of him today. I was quite saddened to learn it was a one-off, though, I would have liked to have seen it made into a 3-4 parter.

Anyone notice that the man playing Hawking turned from early-90's Graham Coxon to Andy Warhol depending on the camera angle?

I looked forward to it, watched it, didn't like it, wasn't sure why.

Ambient Sheep

I looked forward to it and completely missed it, and have been mildly annoyed at periodic intervals ever since.

Still I expect it'll be round again.

mook

I taped it, forgot to watch it and it now turns out that I've taped over it with something I didn't want to tape as I set the VCR to the wrong channel. I truly am a twot.