Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:03:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris Music Shows

Started by The Giggling Bean, February 11, 2015, 09:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Giggling Bean

I had a run of bad luck the other day. I had the complete run of Blue Jam and the music shows on my memory card for my MP3 player up until yesterday. For some reason my computer went a bit mad and has wiped the card clean so I've lost everything. I found, and downloaded Blue Jam. However are there still downloadable copies of the R1 shows knocking around here? Would any kind soul share them with me again please? I found a torrent with some of them on but I'd have to download Brass Eye, The Day Today and On The Hour as well and I already have them.

Any help is greatfully appreciated. Help me get fat on cream again.

The Giggling Bean

Thanks for the link Thrashbarg, unfortunately it seems to be dead. It says I broke it, but I never did, I just went there and boo hoo hoo (and more Stan Laurel style blubbering).

Does anyone have these that they wouldn't mind sharing pleeaaassseee?

Old Thrashbarg

Hmm, weird. Possibly some redirection being done because it's being visited from internally. Anyway, http://goo.gl/j9LzuT should see you right.

DJ Solid Snail

If any of those don't work, there's also the CaB Mediafire folder.

The Giggling Bean

Thanks very much everyone who helped. For some reason none of the links would let me download any of the shows............HOWEVER, idiot that I am, I remembered that I had them all on CD from years ago in a box upstairs. After a half hr search I found them and a GLR compilation.

soraya

In episode 5 (i think)  Moris says "soliciting public opinion is the stupidest idea since buying Leon Britain wallpaper for children". 

What did he know?

jsgibble

Is it known how Chris Morris wrote these? On his own?

Spiral King

Quote from: jsgibble on January 10, 2021, 11:43:42 PM

With Peter Baynham, I think. SOTCAA has an article featuring a draft of one of the episodes that gives you a glimpse of their writing sessions and how it developed to what appeared on air.

dex

Quote from: soraya on February 14, 2015, 10:47:51 PM
In episode 5 (i think)  Moris says "soliciting public opinion is the stupidest idea since buying Leon Britain wallpaper for children". 

What did he know?

What did he know, indeed? I remember on one of his R1 shows him talking about Jimmy Saville and the occupants of Stoke Mandeville hospital. This was back in '94 too.

jsgibble

Quote from: Spiral King on January 11, 2021, 03:01:38 AM
With Peter Baynham, I think. SOTCAA has an article featuring a draft of one of the episodes that gives you a glimpse of their writing sessions and how it developed to what appeared on air.

That would make sense I suppose, thanks.

muddybug

Quote from: jsgibble on January 10, 2021, 11:43:42 PM

If I'm remembering correctly, he only wrote the GLR and earlier radio shows by himself.