Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:02:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt neighbour

Started by Barry Admin, November 26, 2017, 02:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neomod

Pop round for a friendly chat.

Johnny Yesno

touchingcloth

Quote from: ollyboro on November 26, 2017, 05:15:13 PM
I don't understand why noisy neighbours can't be a matter for the poiice. The first time they pop round and witness unruly behaviour, they should issue a warning. If it happens again, within say a fortnight, they should arrest the ignorant cunts. It's reasonable for people to have the occasional piss up, but when it happens nightly....

Can it not be a matter for the police? I've known the police break up houseparties where there were no blatant illegalities like drugs or brawling, so people being generally noisy fuckers without an organised party should be covered by the same laws, surely?

gib

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 26, 2017, 11:41:20 PM
Can it not be a matter for the police? I've known the police break up houseparties where there were no blatant illegalities like drugs or brawling, so people being generally noisy fuckers without an organised party should be covered by the same laws, surely?

something about the band called the police

i sincerely doubt this kind of thing ever gets to the top of their to-do list

touchingcloth

Barry, have you thought about shitting through your letterbox and blaming it on the cunt?

manticore

Talk to the lad, Barry. He may just be a silly kid who doesn't know any better and you would be performing him a service.

Small Man Big Horse

You so have my sympathy Barry, we complained to our landlord so much about our cunt neighbour that they eventually relocated us to another property that they owned, is there any chance yours could do that? Or is it a council place?

Also, when it comes to sleep could you possibly get your doctor to prescribe sleeping pills, even just on a short term basis so you get a decent nights kip? When I first started taking them it was a beautiful experience, instead of taking three or four hours to get to sleep I'd be out in ten minutes, which helped improve my mental health a great deal too.

ollyboro

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 26, 2017, 11:41:20 PM
Absolutely. That's why I cannot understand why people have to go to all the trouble of gathering evidence to pass on to councils, housing associations and landlords. Surely the rozzers could deal with cunts behaving unreasonably by charging them with breach of the peace?

biggytitbo

Surely most police forces will laugh in your face and put the phone down about stuff like that. They don't give a shit.

Pijlstaart

This is a theme addressed in the seminal screenplay I'm working on, Pokemon High School. Clittums is new in town and no-one has seen a clittums before, with her full lush tail and all her extraneous baubles and doodads, so they don't understand her ways and come off insensitive. In the end she befriends the ash ketchup pokemon, and together they overpower those who have wronged her with all their magical attacks. We have to ask, who is clittums, you or the neighbour, because your neighbour is new in town. There's a scene where clittums knocks over mr mime's favourite teapot with one of her extraneous baubles and he's riled up, so as revenge she and the ash ketchup pokemon all bash him, and it is justified because clittums is the main one, the me.

Maybe an act of servitude to win their trust, maybe cleaning, maybe lay on a slap-up feast, get them infatuated and then you strike.

ollyboro

Quote from: biggytitbo on November 27, 2017, 07:33:51 AM
Surely most police forces will laugh in your face and put the phone down about stuff like that. They don't give a shit.
Of course they'd laugh in your face, but they shouldn't be allowed to. It's not headlines grabbing stuff  like terrorism or murder which affects Joe and Josephine Cunt's day to day lives. It's low level theft, noise, dog shit etc. Stuff which can be easily dealt with. The Broken Window Theory might, or might not, lead to a decrease in major crime, but dealing with low level annoyances will definitely help with quality of life for many.

biggytitbo

Quote from: ollyboro on November 27, 2017, 09:08:06 AM
Of course they'd laugh in your face, but they shouldn't be allowed to. It's not headlines grabbing stuff  like terrorism or murder which affects Joe and Josephine Cunt's day to day lives. It's low level theft, noise, dog shit etc. Stuff which can be easily dealt with. The Broken Window Theory might, or might not, lead to a decrease in major crime, but dealing with low level annoyances will definitely help with quality of life for many.

I couldn't agree more.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

This comes down to providing spacious well insulated housing for the many (not the few). Improve people's start in life, give them surroundings to be proud of and fewer people will live like overflowing dumpsters.

Sebastian Cobb

Iirc most places don't give any consideration to soundproofing. Kingspan is bloody good at keeping heat in but useless acoustically speaking.

I was looking into costs of zero-energy/superhouses a while back and they're only about 10% more expensive than normal houses, will developers start building them? Will they fuck.

ieXush2i

Quote from: ollyboro on November 27, 2017, 09:08:06 AM

Noise pollution is an environmental health issue for the council to deal with, if it becomes a breach of the peace then the police can get involved.

ollyboro

Quote from: (Ex poster) on November 27, 2017, 04:42:06 PM
Noise pollution is an environmental health issue for the council to deal with, if it becomes a breach of the peace then the police can get involved.
Of course. But why shouldn't noise become an issue for the police? Why should a distressed resident have to spend their time gathering evidence? If you've got a problem with noise at 10pm on a Friday night, what time on Monday morning do you reckon the council will leap into action? Far easier for the police to pop round, decide if there's a problem, issue a warning, or nick the householder if he's been yellow carded recently.

touchingcloth

Quote from: (Ex poster) on November 27, 2017, 04:42:06 PM

Gov.uk has this:

Quote7. Call the police

You should call the police if your neighbour:

is violent, threatening or abusive
is harassing you sexually, or because of your sexuality, religion or ethnic background
is breaching the peace (being disorderly in the street or making a lot of noise)
is breaking the law in any other way - or if you suspect this

It sounds like Barry's chums might be guilty of the bolded bits.

https://www.gov.uk/how-to-resolve-neighbour-disputes/call-the-police

Though, perhaps more relevantly, the Garda have this:

QuoteHow can I report a noise complaint?
If you would like to report a noise complaint immediately you can ring your local Garda Station. However persistent noise should ideally be referred to the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government. The Department of Environment website contains useful information about Neighbourhood/Domestic Noise pollution, faulty alarms, commercial and construction noise pollution and the Environmental Noise Regulations 2006.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=1702&Lang=1

So don't necessarily discount the idea of getting the filf involved if you don't have any luck with any of the other suggestions from this thread.

canadagoose

Quote from: touchingcloth on November 27, 2017, 04:58:04 PM
Though, perhaps more relevantly, the Garda have this:

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=1702&Lang=1

So don't necessarily discount the idea of getting the filf involved if you don't have any luck with any of the other suggestions from this thread.
I could be wrong, but I thought Neil was in Norn Iron? The PSNI have jurisdiction there.

touchingcloth

Quote from: canadagoose on November 27, 2017, 05:16:03 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought Neil was in Norn Iron? The PSNI have jurisdiction there.

Meh. I say "potato," you say "I'm so very hungry."

Sin Agog

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 27, 2017, 02:53:49 AM
Also, when it comes to sleep could you possibly get your doctor to prescribe sleeping pills, even just on a short term basis so you get a decent nights kip? When I first started taking them it was a beautiful experience, instead of taking three or four hours to get to sleep I'd be out in ten minutes, which helped improve my mental health a great deal too.

I'm the worst, lightest sleeper I know- someone thinking too hard will wake me up- but I've been using this technique recently which has really done the trick.  I wish I'd discovered it earlier.  Breathe in the deepest gulp of air imaginable, then hold your breath for a few seconds and breathe out- repeat that about thirty times, or more if necessary, and you'll trick your body and bloodstream into being in that molasses slow state it's in while you're asleep.  When you then go through that familiar ritual of clasping your eyes shut while hopelessly thinking, "It's not going to happen tonight, is it?" it usually actually does happen.

Barry Admin

Having a panic attack, they're going absolutely fucking mental, banging each other's heads off the wall ("why did you bang my fucking head off the wall?"), been sounding like a riot for over an hour now. I want to call the police, but am scared I'll get done for being a tout. I banged the floor earlier and I think the maddest one was screaming about coming up to get me.

holyzombiejesus

Have you got anywhere you can go and stay for the night?

As much as I'm tempted to try and persuade you to call the police, I think for your own sanity you should try and find somewhere else to sleep tonight. Then tomorrow, start deciding what action you are going to take. Have you spoke with your neighbours about it? I'm really sorry this is happening to you, it must be fucking horrendous.

Sin Agog

He can always ask his neighbour if they're cool with him plopping himself down on their couch.

gib

Call the police, 999. Seriously.

gib

This needs sorting sooner rather than later, the only way non-interference works out is if one of them gets violent enough for someone else to call the police, otherwise it's just this shit every night.

If you're worried someone is going to be violently attacked then ring 999.

bgmnts

I had one who lived next to us until recently, the flat opposite. Broke into the flat through the shared attic after falling through a roof fleeing from the police; to have them break our door down and apprehend him. The morning after, Saturday, he came over and apologised for his behaviour. On the Monday I was awoken to the little cunt scrabbling around and opening my bedroom door, sadly I didn't get a proper look at him but he legged it anyway and I couldn't lie to the police, not being a bellend myself. Probably was looking for the bag he stashed here that I found a few days after.

That particularly shit series of events, combined with the flats constantly smelling like weed, the constant arguing with the fucking vile hag who was the worst of the two (sadly she's still around) and music at 3am bollocks made them pretty shit neighbours.

He died of cancer a couple of months ago and I was genuinely quite pleased. Sick cunt stuff I know but I don't care.

Just waiting for her to go now.

holyzombiejesus

Is your flat part of a block or just a split house? Will other nieghbours be fucked off with this or is it just affecting you?

I hope you're ok.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Shay Chaise on November 26, 2017, 07:28:12 PM
I confronted my neighbour about her noisy grandkids last year and although our previously quite warm relationship is now basically a fake smile and quick word or two in passing, I am so relieved I did it. Since then, I've only occasionally heard a peep out of them and I've heard her tell them off when they're being noisy, so she's at least got the message. I would have no qualms about reporting her to the police and council if it ever starts up again. Just be polite about it, give clear expectations and record absolutely everything. Then follow the advice of the council/Feds. It's a nightmare situation but you can take control of it. Best of luck mate. Best case scenario, the lad gets ebola.

How old are the kids though? It seems to me that, below a certain age, the police/council are unlikely to be moved to act. I say this as someone with a 3 year old toddler living in the flat upstairs. The level of noise is horrendous, it sounds like the ceiling is going to come down at times, and it's got to the point where I'm almost certainly going to have to move out sometime next year. I do think the parents could do more to keep it under control but, ultimately, it's more animal than a fully-fledged member of society. It's just in the nature of toddlers that they will jump/leap off every available surface, and will scream their heads off if they don't get their way. Ideally, people would be think twice before reproducing in a shared terrace with floorboards the thickness of a postage stamp, but given the amount of people who struggle with basic tasks like using the correct recycling bin, or crossing the road while looking, I'm not going to hold out much hope of that.

bgmnts

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on November 29, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
Is your flat part of a block or just a split house? Will other nieghbours be fucked off with this or is it just affecting you?

I hope you're ok.

Block of flats. Housing association shite. I think they're obligated to house dregs and us normals get caught up in it. Think the lady below rang the police on them once so we all suffer.

The communal bins is interesting though. There is one bloke on the bottom floor who has his own recycling bin and it's filled to the brim with nothing but empty Foster cans every bin collection day. He's always at the window pretending to do the washing up. He frightens me.

Thanks x