Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Crusader Kings 3

Started by Mobius, September 09, 2020, 05:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Well I think it's a great game, and there's not really another game like it. If you've been watching videos you should have a fair understanding of what you're in for, so if it looks intriguing to you definitely give it a go!

The DLC is pretty good, but definitely not essential.

I haven't played this new PS5 version that was just released so can't speak to that. It has no mods, which would be a dealbreaker for a lot of people.

Ham Bap

I got the PS5 version. The control scheme is done very well. DLCs and Royal Court havent been released yet but are coming down the line.

This is a good guide, I was even taking notes from it and been re-reading it:
https://space4games.com/en/games-en/crusader-kings-3-guide/#Crusader-Kings-3-Cheats

Its also free with Gamepass on nextgen consoles for anyone that has a Series S/X.

oggyraiding

Not strictly CK, but same dev/genre.

Europa Universalis IV and all its expansions available for £15.20 as one of the current Humble Bundles.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/europa-universalis-iv-complete

Not sure if it's any good, but that price is incredibly low. Last time I was looking at buying it all in a sale it was £90+.

Ham Bap

I know I can ransom people who ive imprisoned, or get a hook on them but I cant stop executing, beheading and burning alive at the stake.
Its just the kind of ruler I am.

zomgmouse

i just keep them in prison until i need them for money or hooks. that's the kind of ruler i am

edit: or until they die in prison and the little popup says "your acquaintance has died" and i have a little chuckle because THEY WEREN'T MY ACQUAINTANCE AT ALL THEY WERE ROTTING IN MY DUNGEON

Mobius

I stockpile prisoners for the Dread boost. Handy for stopping an uprising when you change rulers. Just kill a load of prisoners and everyone shits themself.

Arresting and banishing your Realm Priest can give you a load of money. They seem to store a % of your income as part of their church duties, which gets left behind if they get the boot.

bgmnts

This is so fucking addictive mind innit?

I dont have the canny mind and ability to keep my dynasty going in a way where my primary heir in control of eveeything my current player has, but that is so much fun as you reset with a slightly better person every time.

It's amazing how fast the lines get inbred as well!

zomgmouse

yeah i think it takes time apparently to research the relevant laws needed to make your primary heir inherit everything and i have never had the tenacity to pursue a game that long yet

Catalogue of ills

Has anyone played this with friends online as a multiplayer co-op? I'm looking for a game to play with a couple of friends, reasonably cooperatively rather than attacking each other. Would that work well?

zomgmouse

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on April 16, 2022, 04:22:58 PMHas anyone played this with friends online as a multiplayer co-op? I'm looking for a game to play with a couple of friends, reasonably cooperatively rather than attacking each other. Would that work well?

I've played with one other person and it works quite well particularly if you're in somewhat nearby but not immediately neighbouring areas

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 17, 2022, 11:47:10 PMI've played with one other person and it works quite well particularly if you're in somewhat nearby but not immediately neighbouring areas

Excellent - thank you. How much of a buffer would you recommend between kingdoms if we want to avoid fighting each other?

zomgmouse

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on April 18, 2022, 10:37:05 AMExcellent - thank you. How much of a buffer would you recommend between kingdoms if we want to avoid fighting each other?

that's a good question - depends on how far up the hierarchy you begin your character at, whether you start at county/duchy/kingdom/etc. although i guess actually it doesn't matter given the inevitable expansion. probably like two or three kingdoms apart? someone else might have a more definite answer though

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 18, 2022, 12:39:01 PMthat's a good question - depends on how far up the hierarchy you begin your character at, whether you start at county/duchy/kingdom/etc. although i guess actually it doesn't matter given the inevitable expansion. probably like two or three kingdoms apart? someone else might have a more definite answer though

Nice. Feels like it would be good to be reasonably close together but not so close that we are forced to fight each other, so this is helpful.

zomgmouse

Quote from: Catalogue of ills on April 18, 2022, 02:20:23 PMNice. Feels like it would be good to be reasonably close together but not so close that we are forced to fight each other, so this is helpful.

yeah, exactly - plus this way you are close enough that get to help each other with gifts of money/potential alliances through marriage/etc

Mobius

A new expansion came out for this the other day - Fate Of Iberia

DLC Features

Spoiler alert
The sun-kissed lands of Iberia await your glorious rule. Deeply rich in history, culture and people, the peninsula's medieval destiny is ready to be shaped by your majestic hand, be it clad in conciliatory velvet or as an iron fist.

You decide on the fate of a lively and complex region across realms and cultures. Be the one to unite Iberia under a single banner, or watch as conflict marks generations to come.

Icon CK3b.png The Fate of Iberia lies in your hands

"The Struggle" is an expansive new feature simulating multi-stage, large-scale conflicts across decades or even centuries.
You tell the ever-evolving saga of Iberia with each decision you make. Appeasing or hostile, influence the constant turmoil on the peninsula to your liking during each phase of the Struggle.
Follow the path of history with a definite end goal in mind or play out a completely new fate for the region. Be the early founder of a Hispania steeped in blood, or bring together a multicultural caliphate in peace.
Icon CK3b.png Embrace the uniqueness of Iberia

Step up and discover an Iberian peninsula brought fully to life, with new art, music, models, costumes and characters, events, and more.
A dazzling array of new thematic events, decisions, and cultural traditions unique to Iberia can be explored. All are historically accurate and meticulously researched.
Dress up your character as a true hidalgo or a Muslim prince, or choose your pick from well-groomed beards and curly hair, armor, clothes, new turban styles, or some of the tallest headgear medieval Europe has to offer!
A host of new 3D models and environments, including holdings, units and ships, can be encountered.
Not only are a series of new Iberian-inspired artifacts, heirlooms and treasures yours for the taking, Crusader Kings III: Royal Court owners are also able to display their full regalia in their personal court. A new throne, council weapons, treasures, and other themed customization options will enrich your courtroom even further!
Get carried away by the richly themed soundtrack, as you admire the stunning new art, from loading screens to icons and revamped user interface.
[close]

Enjoying it, more content is always good. Just waiting for all the good mods to get updated again now!

shoulders

Christ, just had this recommended.

CKIII meets Tamriel/Elder Scrolls

Mobius

I've never played Elder Kings but it's very highly regarded and seems to be the most detailed mod for the game.

There's a LOTR one that's fun. I'm sure there's a Game Of Thrones one as well