Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Garrison “reacts” thread (bring your reading glasses)

Started by Ferris, January 08, 2021, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

Love the way that he has to label Man-a-lago. And Big, Beautiful Wall. Such confidence in what he depicts.

(Oh, and a big NO! pointing at War, for some reason. Sounds suspiciously like a pinko commie peacenik to me.)

DoesNotFollow

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on January 04, 2023, 06:27:23 PMWhich Garrison cartoon was it? Had he visited and drawn one for the hotel with him sitting at a table labelled "table" and holding a spoon labelled "spoon of truth" while he stirred his tea (labelled tea)? With Buff Trump sitting opposite him with a napkin tucked into his suit while Fauci, an Antifa member and Biden stood outside the window shaking their fists at Garrison and Trump having fun?

It was a cartoon with Trump refusing a helmet with WAR on it being handed to him and saying "not my style". There was, now I remember, a very large (signed?) photo of Trump on an easel in the foyer too - perhaps he'd visited at some point.

A real air of self-delusion and outdated faux grandeur about the place. The serving staff were dressed in your sort of stereotypical - but non-sexy - black and white maid outfits. There was also dozens of rubbish paintings by a co-owner or friend/relative of the owner on the walls, and there were large coffee table books with photos of the artist hanging about and pretending to paint in different locations.

Every time I remember Camelot Castle Hotel, Tintagel, I'm sucked down a mind-tunnel of confusion and grotesque fascination.

buttgammon

I can't stop reading about this place now. The house painter has a website where he's modestly called 'England's greatest living artist' and is compared to Monet and Picasso, but he's always being held back by being slagged off on the internet apparently.

Catalogue Trousers

I suppose that he's sort of right to call Man-A-Lago the Southern White House. Just like the real White House, truly intrepid journalists found out just what a lying piece of shit the (ex) POTUS was there.

beanheadmcginty

I stayed at the Camelot Castle Hotel in Tintagel with my parents when I was about 12. Two things I remember are that the bar was called the "Excali-bar" and my toilet spontaneously flushed itself in the middle of the night, which I put down to King Arthur's ghost having a shit.

Cuellar

Stayed in Tintagel on the way back from Land's End once, thought we'd look at Arthurian nonsense. Couldn't get a room in the Q Anon hotel, so stayed in some pub. Only us and the barmaid and some of her mates on the terrace, one of whom said "God just got back working border security at Dover. If I had my way I'd chuck em all straight back into the sea. Machine gun the boats."

Charming place.

Blumf

Just spotted this animated horror on the site:

(hard to directly link as it was a thumbnail for this review of the past year)

DoesNotFollow

Quote from: buttgammon on January 05, 2023, 12:25:20 PMI can't stop reading about this place now. The house painter has a website where he's modestly called 'England's greatest living artist' and is compared to Monet and Picasso, but he's always being held back by being slagged off on the internet apparently.

It's just seriously high-grade bonkers isn't it.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blumf on January 24, 2023, 03:34:12 PMJust spotted this animated horror on the site:

(hard to directly link as it was a thumbnail for this review of the past year)

I like how he is utilising the technology of the internet (a normal comic strip format seems a waste online really) yet because he is so shit it just looks fucking awful.

Brundle-Fly

buttgammon

Can* we really discount the possibility that it's an elaborate hoax done in the service of art itself?

*Yes, we obviously can