Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The best comb over.

Started by darby o chill, May 17, 2021, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Povidone

Shudder to think of the mid-head oxbow lake that's concealing.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 17, 2022, 02:03:45 AMAnthony Burgess favoured a Trump-style cover-up.

That is as mesmerising as it is shameless. Close the thread, we have a winner.

poodlefaker

It's fascinating to me bcs the Burge clearly had a sense of style: the green corduroy jacket with the red tie, the casually posed cigar...he must've considered the performance on his head as being at one with that whole look. Maybe in 30 yrs' time people will look back at pics of the balding men from the 2000s with the completely shaved heads and think "Mate".

shoulders

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on May 17, 2022, 10:18:51 PMI think this dude also beats John Sergeant and Jo Brand for the ultimate 'fry-up face'.

Haha!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I do admire the amount of prep work and inner strength that must be involved to construct an intricate combover. To stare into your own eyes in the mirror as you meticulously paste that final strand of hair across your forehead whilst your conscience says "fucks sake mate" takes a real man.

Povidone

Just had the clippers out and buzzed my head today, being doing it regularly since it became clear that I was afflicted with my dad's male pattern baldness. Sometimes I look at myself in the mirror thinking 'just be a fucking man and comb it over, get the gel out you lazy scrote' I could probably get away with it as well as I have quite thick curly hair but alas, I am too much of a coward.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

A curly combover could be a thing of great beauty, if done with enough passion. You'd have to grow sections of it extra long though, to account for the loss of length due to the curling effect.

Povidone

Worth some experimentation, though I worry that I need to further thin on top for it to work.

My folks are always saying they hate it when I shave my head, look like a thug apparently. Might turn up at the next family gathering with an absolutely ludicrous combover.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANT FATHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! MUTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fr.Bigley

There was a lady that used to do cakes for the community centre and her combover was magnificent, each hair inexplicable levitating a few mm's above her scalp, harsh, Church Hall flourescent light not only amplified the angel hair thin thatch, but it gave her an unearthly glow, like some form of cake making form of extraterrestrial life that subsisted on royal icing and hairspray.

poodlefaker

Thread needs some LGB representation; here's Quentin Crisp displaying a very rare homover

If I ever go bald, nobody will ever know, because I learned "How 2" seamlessly disguise it.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: poodlefaker on May 18, 2022, 04:34:47 PMThread needs some LGB representation; here's Quentin Crisp displaying a very rare homover

That's a smashing purple rinse you've got there, Enid. Was it that new place on the high street?

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: curiousoranges on May 23, 2022, 10:12:39 PM

Dinenage fast asleep behind his cunning glasses with eyes painted on.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: curiousoranges on May 23, 2022, 10:12:39 PMIf I ever go bald, nobody will ever know, because I learned "How 2" seamlessly disguise it.

with bangs? brave

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I don't think they were banging each other.

Video Game Fan 2000

they made rainbow look like the fucking wombles. why do think fred's got goggles on

Ferris

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 23, 2022, 11:01:44 PMDinenage fast asleep behind his cunning glasses with eyes painted on.

Fuck me I laughed at this. Very good.

McDead

Quote from: Alberon on June 27, 2021, 10:08:01 PMHead Gardener posted this one in the Animated Gifs thread a couple of years back.

A true work of art.

Can't stop watching this. Trying to figure out the uncanny geometry. It's like he's got a translucent globe on his head.

danwho9

Gotta be Edinburgh University-era Gordon Brown.

poodlefaker

Fred "Two Ns" Dinenage was close friends with Ron and Reg Kray. There are some dark secrets behind those glasses. He knows where the bodies are buried. And HOW they were buried, obv.

danwho9

Quote from: poodlefaker on May 24, 2022, 12:51:46 PMFred "The Diner" Dinenage was close friends with Ron and Reg Kray. There are some dark secrets behind those glasses. He knows where the bodies were buried. And HOW, obv.

Mad Freddy Dinenage wouldn't be a bad gangland name actually. I want Guy Ritchie on it now.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Carol "Numbers" Vorderman

Video Game Fan 2000

Gaz "Carol "Fred Dinenage" Vorderman" Top : no longer allowed in newsagents unaccompanied

while the worst   
Are full of passionate convexity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Combing is at hand.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: danwho9 on May 24, 2022, 12:39:05 PMGotta be Edinburgh University-era Gordon Brown.

The drawing on the wall tops them all though. Thought it was Anders Brevik for a second

Johnny Yesno

Thomas

Of Jon Hamm I suspect a partial transplant at the hairline, with tricks and teases to conceal the scalp. Mad Men had a big hair fibre budget.

I saw this picture before watching Baby Driver, and I presumed the character was supposed to be visibly balding:

But those tricks and teases and camera angles conceal his scalp for the duration of the film. A triumph.

Blue Jam

I have come to realise that most questions asked on this forum can be answered with "Jon Hamm".

You know how if all species on Earth bar the nematodes suddenly disappeared we'd supposedly see little heaps of nematodes everywhere? What would happen if the world's supply of Propecia suddenly vanished? Would we suddenly see a carpet of loose human hairs all over every film set, theatre stage and cricket pitch?

Blue Jam

Also isn't that shake'n'bake hair fibre used by drag kings to create fake beards? On that subject...

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 18, 2022, 03:30:51 PMThere was a lady that used to do cakes for the community centre and her combover was magnificent, each hair inexplicable levitating a few mm's above her scalp, harsh, Church Hall flourescent light not only amplified the angel hair thin thatch, but it gave her an unearthly glow, like some form of cake making form of extraterrestrial life that subsisted on royal icing and hairspray.

This doesn't really count as a female example, does it?

Female Lalo Salamanca tho, it's a strong look.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: McDead on May 23, 2022, 11:50:29 PMIt's like he's got a translucent globe on his head.
Red Dead Redemption 2 character generator texture issue.