Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:45:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The best comb over.

Started by darby o chill, May 17, 2021, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

Head Gardener posted this one in the Animated Gifs thread a couple of years back.

A true work of art.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Homer Simpson's two hair strands: combover or not?

Sebastian Cobb

Vitamin C

Semi-permanent means you can remove 50% of it at any given time if you want to. Just to give a metaphorical hat tip back to the bald community from which you have sprung.

Blue Jam

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 27, 2021, 09:51:27 PM
I think the man bun that Thom Yorke's been sporting over the past five or so years could be an inventive take on the classic combover.

Bald spot appearing at the back? Simply scrunch up all the other hair from your head and knot it into a fat "bun" shape, to conceal the sunroof.

Heheheheh sneaky fucker. He really should just get the clippers out and embrace the "Hair Peninsula" a la Mark Williams and Jude Law.

Blue Jam

Another inventive take from the world of snooker: the John Higgins "comb-together":

Also favoured by Prince William for the five minute period where he still had enough hair for it:

Sebastian Cobb

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 27, 2021, 10:00:06 PM
Doesn't 'semi-permanent' just mean a syrup that's sewn-in?

That's what I thought, yes. Bit like a weave for women, I'm not sure how those work but I understand they're quite high maintenance. Having 60% of one's entire hair being a weave must be a complete chore.

Blue Jam

On the subject of royal combovers, Prince Charles suffering a hairstyle malfunction here:

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Alberon on June 27, 2021, 10:08:01 PM
Head Gardener posted this one in the Animated Gifs thread a couple of years back.

A true work of art.

Why is the bus going backwards?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Blue Jam

imitationleather

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 27, 2021, 09:51:27 PM
I think the man bun that Thom Yorke's been sporting over the past five or so years could be an inventive take on the classic combover.

Bald spot appearing at the back? Simply scrunch up all the other hair from your head and knot it into a fat "bun" shape, to conceal the sunroof.

See also: Gareth Bale

steve98

A green, Chinese rubber-band,
For a fake, hirsute man-bun plan

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He looks like he's been told to stand in the corner for being a naughty boy.

Blue Jam

Quote from: imitationleather on June 28, 2021, 09:11:17 AM
See also: Gareth Bale

Consider my illusions well and truly shattered.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Ah, is that why the hair bun is located over his crown? Makes sense now. Gareth Bald.

Sherman Krank

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 28, 2021, 01:46:31 AM
On the subject of royal combovers, Prince Charles suffering a hairstyle malfunction here:

Giving away his reptilian ancestry every time he senses danger.

poodlefaker

IDF Spokesman Avi Benayahu - I think his hair has illegally annexed his forehead

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 28, 2021, 03:18:33 PMAh, is that why the hair bun is located over his crown? Makes sense now. Gareth Bald.

Ferris

Thom Yorke has been trying the same ponytail routine for years with limited success. Think he's given up now.

shoulders

Quote from: Alberon on June 27, 2021, 10:08:01 PMHead Gardener posted this one in the Animated Gifs thread a couple of years back.

A true work of art.

I especially like how he is inadvertently parading it for the viewer.

Blue Jam

Just remembered the best bit of combover acting ever:

Getting a bit HAAAAIIIIR IIIIISSSLAAAND in BCS now but there is still some way to go. With only eight more episodes left the decline is going to be fast and it's going to be brutal.

Blue Jam

Damn I miss biggy.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Jittlebags on May 18, 2021, 02:21:49 PMFrank Bough sporting a high level job.

From his BBC Breakfast TV days, that photo. When he privately said to new co-presenter Fern Britton, 24 years younger than him, "Well, young lady, I wonder how long it will be before I'm having an affair with you?" He said similar things to Selina Scott and a co-presenter on LBC, Shyama Perera: "He made a point of telling me he always showered before heading to the studio for 5am 'so my penis is clean'." Insane insensitivity, self-delusion and vanity. I wonder if he ever asked them if they liked his hair?

Twonty Gostelow

Anthony Burgess favoured a Trump-style cover-up.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Footballer Brandon Barker had a pleasingly old fashioned combover attempt for a while. It might pass when you stay still but the whole facade falls apart as soon as you start, y'know, running around and stuff.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 17, 2022, 02:03:45 AMAnthony Burgess favoured a Trump-style cover-up.

Kubrick missed a trick with Clockwork Orange. Imagine a gang of droogs waving that in your face before they rob, rape, and murder you. Irredeemable.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on May 17, 2022, 02:03:45 AMAnthony Burgess favoured a Trump-style cover-up.

I think this dude also beats John Sergeant and Jo Brand for the ultimate 'fry-up face'.

Can look really good on the right person.