Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:11:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster Series 13

Started by MigraineBoy, August 25, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on June 08, 2022, 11:19:40 PMOf course Bridget's putting on an act - she's a professional comedian doing a comedy show. She's being a clown.

If she
acted on Taskmaster like she does you do when she's you're nipping to the Co-op to get some milk then it'd make for pretty unremarkable TV.

She's been great.

This'll be a task well before series 20, guaranteed.

Ron Superior

Ok, I've deduced that I reckon Sophie's definitely going to win the series, only because she was the guest on the Taskmaster podcast for episode 2 of this series, whereas both Chris and Bridget have been on it recently, and they always have the series winner on the episode after episode 10. Unless I'm wrong. Cheers.

Norton Canes

Sophie's great, I think it's fantastic someone's basically using the show as a window to showcase their prowess at oral sex

MigraineBoy

The only drawback for CoC is that for a normal series the Taskmaster bookers perform  magic in picking 5 contestants who compliment and clash beautifully - be that their approach to the tasks or their in-studio personality.

Godliman, Gamble & Sanders give off very similar energy.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Ron Superior on June 09, 2022, 08:42:53 AMOk, I've deduced that I reckon Sophie's definitely going to win the series, only because she was the guest on the Taskmaster podcast for episode 2 of this series, whereas both Chris and Bridget have been on it recently, and they always have the series winner on the episode after episode 10. Unless I'm wrong. Cheers.

I'd kind of agree, but Sarah Kendall was the guest for ep5 of her series and that was the ep this series that Chris Ramsay was the guest on, so I don't think he can be written off.

Twilkes

Quote from: Vroomo on June 09, 2022, 10:34:37 AMThe only drawback for CoC is that for a normal series the Taskmaster bookers perform  magic in picking 5 contestants who compliment and clash beautifully - be that their approach to the tasks or their in-studio personality.

Godliman, Gamble & Sanders give off very similar energy.

It's like the rock supergroups of the 70s that imploded before they did anything good - Tarbuck, Godliman, Gamble, Sanders and Herring are the comedy equivalent of Wakeman, Palmer, Gabriel, Townsend and Herring.

DrGreggles

Only Lou looks capable of bringing any weirdness for the CoC, but it's only one episode I suppose.

MigraineBoy

I do like the fact Herring said he was desperately trying to figure out how to get his removed, cancerous testicle to be his prize-task offering.

Leaving him till last & revealing that would've been great.

olliebean

There's at least a couple of contestants in this CoC that I'd happily never have seen on the show again. Frankly, none of them would rank amongst my favourites.

That cup snake task was a bit shit. I was convinced it'd be a two-parter, but then it just ended.

Yeah, weak episode that. It felt like there were long periods when nobody was really laughing, especially during the cup snake task.

I stand by what I said about wrapping it up after eight episodes to leave you wanting more rather than becoming overfamiliar with everyone's approaches.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on June 09, 2022, 09:50:48 PMThat cup snake task was a bit shit. I was convinced it'd be a two-parter, but then it just ended.
It was one of those tasks that's let down by everyone doing the same route one method (and the sole person who didn't, being shit).

It seemed to be open to wider interpretation; there was nothing stating they had to be stacked so laying the cups out going bottom-to-bottom, top-to-top would've made a longer snake & there was string there too, so Bridget's "stuff joined together with a head attached" method could've been played with more.

olliebean

I reckon they were running a bit short for that episode. It seemed like longer was spent than necessary on Alex counting cans in the live task. Normally that'd be cut shorter in the edit and not laboured so much.

gilbertharding

"I've got a guy" was the line of the episode. All the better for being thrown away, too.

I did love Alex being unnecessarily violent with his wheelbarrow full of cans.

Enzo

Seeing Ardal waddle out of the shower without his pants on in the body part task was pretty tragic. Like seeing your nan losing her marbles in real time.

g0m

I genuinely think he might've been thinking about putting a shoe on his cock or something

gilbertharding

Quote from: Excellent_Biscuits on June 10, 2022, 01:41:11 PMI did love Alex being unnecessarily violent with his wheelbarrow full of cans.

No-one else seemed to. In fact, their reactions to that kind of summed up the episode. No-one seemed to be having much fun.

DrGreggles

I was very tired when I watched the latest episode but the sheer daftness of
Spoiler alert
Ardal's chess piece handle
[close]
gave me the biggest laugh from the prize task in years.

The Roofdog

Quote from: Vroomo on June 09, 2022, 10:37:30 PMIt was one of those tasks that's let down by everyone doing the same route one method (and the sole person who didn't, being shit).

It seemed to be open to wider interpretation; there was nothing stating they had to be stacked so laying the cups out going bottom-to-bottom, top-to-top would've made a longer snake & there was string there too, so Bridget's "stuff joined together with a head attached" method could've been played with more.

Connecting cups together any way other than stacking them would've been really slow though. I think it was just a shit task. Bridget's method presumably could have won if she hadn't been so lazy and moved another couple of logs but it didn't feel like a satisfying workaround. I was convinced there was something underneath the blanket but no, it was literally just a blanket for them to lie down on at the end.

notjosh

Quote from: The Roofdog on June 10, 2022, 04:01:55 PMConnecting cups together any way other than stacking them would've been really slow though. I think it was just a shit task. Bridget's method presumably could have won if she hadn't been so lazy and moved another couple of logs but it didn't feel like a satisfying workaround. I was convinced there was something underneath the blanket but no, it was literally just a blanket for them to lie down on at the end.

An effective (though boring) method would have been to lay out the stacked cups and then quickly move along the line, prising them apart enough so they were still 'connected' but taking up a lot more space.

There was a brief cut-away of a ball of twine nearby which was perhaps planted as an alternate method, but regardless I agree it was a shit task.

Small Man Big Horse

I quite liked this episode, perhaps it's my fondness for those involved but bar the studio task (and the cup snake being a bit bland) I didn't think any of them were that bad, and I liked the mystery limb and delivery surprise tasks a lot. Perhaps its because I'm a cruel, petty man, but I also enjoyed Judi's failure to win the episode, for me she's been the one weak element of the series and Greg's even joking about how fucking lazy and uninspired she is now.

I think I said earlier in the thread that Judi is one of the most naturally funny people they've had - which is clearly absolute bollocks - but her schtick still makes me laugh. Give me her over most of the other low energy can't-be-arsed contestants from previous series.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 10, 2022, 09:16:02 PMPerhaps its because I'm a cruel, petty man, but I also enjoyed Judi's failure to win the episode, for me she's been the one weak element of the series and Greg's even joking about how fucking lazy and uninspired she is now.

I've really enjoyed Judi, my 2nd favourite contestant after Ardal. There's something about Bridget that I really dislike, I find her so annoying, even that stupid outfit she wears that she clearly thought would be really funny. Definitely worst contestant of the series, even worse than Chris and his horrible Matt Baker vibes.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 10, 2022, 10:17:48 PMI've really enjoyed Judi, my 2nd favourite contestant after Ardal. There's something about Bridget that I really dislike, I find her so annoying, even that stupid outfit she wears that she clearly thought would be really funny. Definitely worst contestant of the series, even worse than Chris and his horrible Matt Baker vibes.

It's obviously horses for courses and all that but after Sophie, Bridget's my second favourite. Perhaps it's due to being a big fan of her stand up (and the book she wrote) but there's something about her approaches to the tasks that I find really funny.

I also want her and Stewart to make a sitcom based on their home life. And I know both play characters when performing, but I'd just be really fascinated to know if that's still the case when the camera's are off, if Stewart still something of a grumpy sod, and Bridget a weird walking oddball.

trabuch

The joy of this series is that it seems everyone has a different favourite. Mine changes every week.
Regarding the snake task. They did try to imply that there was a better way by showing the string - but left it at that. I think Bridget deserved a point or two for at least showing some imagination in that one.

greencalx

I'm wondering if that particular set of tasks were grouped together to give Judi a shot at winning the episode. The fact that she then went on to actively lose it made it funnier though.

Noticing a dip in the effort level in the prize tasks as the series rolls on. It's only really Ardal and Bridget who are consistently coming up with the goods there.

But still much to enjoy. Hopefully they saved some of the better filmed tasks for the final episode.

beanheadmcginty

I'll be shocked if Tarbuck doesn't win Champion of Champions

Hat FM

was thinking maybe Bridget stepped out of the cup hut twice on purpose to add some 'drama' to the task.

really enjoying this series. right at the beginning i said that chris would be another Ian Sterling and i full heartedly apologise to him for that. he has brought some great moments. Best mix for a long time.

DrGreggles

I think this has been the best group since s7