Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:38:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

XIInner: 12 Angry Men Won't Wheest: Onward Cistern Soldiers! A bonkers dozen

Started by madhair60, October 04, 2021, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusty OWindflap

idunnosomename

mole at the counter has fallen

ps moley's latest incredible witticism, on the tedious dinosaur theme

Sickle-Hammer production haha you fucking idiot. go get fucked by a tory

Dog Botherer

for fucks sake. the daft cunt. he's spent hours on that and it's shit. if he wasn't a reprehensible transphobic bastard you'd nearly have some sympathy for him. but he is, the talentless cunt.

Wonderful Butternut

Right-wingers play Wimblewrong badly, and then want people to think it's actually apt and funny.

PlanktonSideburns

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Mister Six on October 05, 2021, 07:16:57 PM
Must be horrible for Glinner's (former) friends - the ones that aren't affected by his deteriorating home life. Having to avoid all his texts, or subtly try to steer Facebook Messenger conversations onto a less deranged path, all the time watching a guy they used to know and like climbing further and further up the banana tree.

I've just spent an inordinate amount of time (okay, five minutes) putting myself in Morris' shoes during that encounter. I think it's probably safe to assume that Morris isn't a transphobic cunt who's gone bananas, so his heart must've sank when he bumped into Linehan. What on earth are you supposed to say to a former friend who is now solely defined by their irrational, vicious hatred of a minority group?

You'd just have to hope that they didn't bring up their monomaniacal obsession during your brief exchange, but that would still be all you could think about: "He's just shooting the breeze here, I think he said something about carbonara, but I know when he gets home he will continue his deranged campaign of hate."

The feelings of Chris Morris and co are hardly the most important things to consider here, but it must be really difficult for them when they unexpectedly encounter this pathetic little turd of a man.

Mister Six

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on October 05, 2021, 10:59:31 PM
You'd just have to hope that they didn't bring up their monomaniacal obsession during your brief exchange, but that would still be all you could think about: "He's just shooting the breeze here, I think he said something about carbonara, but I know when he gets home he will continue his deranged campaign of hate."

I'm pretty sure the production line talk is coming straight out of Bananaton - wasn't that how Glinner imagines transitioning to be in the UK these days, a production line with lesbians and children going in one end, and The Accursed Trans™ coming out the other?

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on October 06, 2021, 01:28:42 AM
Even some of the worst people in the world have realised this is a busted flush.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/05/carrie-johnson-urges-tories-to-back-transgender-rights

Was Mrs Johnson ever on the TERF wagon? My presumption is that anyone awful enough to not only tolerate Boris Johnson's presence but actually marry him is an awful piece of shit, but maybe she actually does care about trans rights, inasmuch as any modern Tory can care about something that doesn't immediately benefit them.[nb] I'm allowing leeway for old-school Tories to also care about architecture and maybe some of the more picturesque, far-from-the-plebbing-crowd countryside spots.[/nb]

chveik

idunnosomename

just realised how annoying it is that it is both "VulvaVision" and "Giant Twatvision"

in fact the accusations are so bizarrely random and uninformed I'm not sure if Moley really understands any of the issues, he's just a weird twat

phantom_power

But replacing one word with another word  is hilarious, regardless of how similar those two words are

MigraineBoy

g0m

Quote from: FalknerHinton on October 05, 2021, 03:10:38 PM
I was quite surprised too when I saw it, but having thought about it a bit I'm much more sanguine.

As people have pointed out, we know BC has given away lots of subscriptions. One of his very first posts said that anyone he followed on twitter would get a free sub if they asked, and that he's hand them out if he was "a bit drunk"*

hang on. he followed me on twitter [although i softblocked him once he'd gone bananas]. should i try and parlay this into a free sub to the blog

JaDanketies

Quote from: g0m on October 06, 2021, 09:46:17 AM
hang on. he followed me on twitter [although i softblocked him once he'd gone bananas]. should i try and parlay this into a free sub to the blog

yes, it'd be good just to see what libel he's saying about Matt Lucas or whatever

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 05, 2021, 10:15:06 PM
mole at the counter has fallen

ps moley's latest incredible witticism, on the tedious dinosaur theme

Sickle-Hammer production haha you fucking idiot. go get fucked by a tory

I got bored and did a thing. I'm no Moley, my power is even greater (my power in not being transphobic that is)
https://imgur.com/a/Ra1vl6U
(I think someone explained how to upload images here properly but I forgot all about that oops)

retsuza

A fun little thing you can do if you're unsure of syntax is just to quote someone doing something you're trying to do and stealing the tags / formatting from there[nb]This is how I found out how to do this[/nb]. I've been doing this for like 15 years across various forums.

JK Rowling.

HamishMacbeth

Glinner going full the-cavalry-is-coming over the Dave Chapelle non-twist he's been signalling for ages now.

QuoteDave Chappelle has defended JK Rowling on his new special, announcing "I'm team TERF." Perhaps understandably, given the confusion and obfuscation around this issue, he somewhat misunderstands Rowling's position, saying she believes in "gender" where of course what she really believes in is "sex", but STILL! Anyone defending JK Rowling at this point in time has to be applauded.

He ends—and it feels odd to say 'spoiler alert' here but it must be said because it is a shattering moment—by telling a story about Daphne, a transwoman who killed herself after days of being dragged on Twitter for the crime of defending him. As always, he laces even this material with enough scabrous jokes and asides to cancel a thousand lesser acts, but this is David Chappelle, the GOAT, and he dances around the tripwires with the finesse we've come to expect after this series of exceptional Netflix specials.

This is a big moment, a massive intervention by a massive talent. Respect must also be paid to the two women who gave Twitter's verdict before it even landed on Twitter.

It's definitely happening now, you guys. This time. For Realsies. Not another false alarm. The peakening.

Does Dave Chappelle even have that much traction in the UK? I feel like every Chappelle conversation I've ever had outside real comedy nerds here has ended with "You know, the guy who jumps over the little river in Men in Tights."

Sonny_Jim

Billy no mates desperate for new, more famous friends rather the glinner gang.

Cuellar

A standup doing jokes about trans people - this is HUGE AND GROUNDBREAKING

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

how lovely that glinner and chappelle only care about trans people committing suicide when they're one of the Good Ones