Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:02:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best ever Bond tunes

Started by beanheadmcginty, October 05, 2021, 03:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notjosh

Also, shout out to this wicked ska cover of From Russia With Love:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSIfgIpA3k

SweetPomPom

Went to the Bond Albert Hall thing this week. They played loads of the instrumental bangers in between the title songs - OHMSS, Boat Chase, Capsule, Underwater Mayhem, Bond 77. All of which Amazon cut from broadcast.

Neomod

Someone's stuck most of it on youtube.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Ant Farm Keyboard on October 07, 2022, 05:43:39 PMPrime Video has just released two programs in time for the 60th anniversary celebration.

The Sound of 007 is an half reverent, half honest look at the way the songs and the score were created over the years. There's some insight about the way Barry or his lyricists worked, Armstrong singing "All the Time in the World" on TV in some footage I didn't how existed, and Barbara Broccoli shares the story about what went wrong with Amy Winehouse for Quantum of Solace. Otherwise, it's your standard extra on a bonus disc for a boxset.

And for the record, there's a quick analysis of a snippet from Diamonds Are Forever, which features Monty Norman's riff section from the original theme, woven with John Barry's own theme for the film. That was a question asked by Brundle-Fry three months ago in the obituary thread about Norman.

Can't imagine Sam Smith enjoyed the segment in this documentary where Sam Mendes, Barbara Broccoli and Daniel Craig all cheerfully admit that they regret not getting Radiohead to do the theme tune to Spectre.

popcorn

Although it's tragic, Barbara Broccoli's story about Amy Winehouse's failure to write a Bond theme did make me laugh:

QuoteWe sat at the table. She wanted to know the emotional theme of the film. She asked for a notebook and she was writing the whole time I was talking, taking notes. And Quantum of Solace was about him having his heart broken and realising that revenge doesn't fill the void. When she left, she left the paper behind, and she had just written "Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake Blake".