Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Oh great, the 'Darren Moore took us down, get rid of him' brigade are out in force again. Because Garry Monk was amazing.

holyzombiejesus

Shitting it right now. Could be automatics, could be play-offs and, possibly most likely, fuck all.

jobotic

Good luck holyzombiejesus!

Did Crawley fans chant Yems' name after he was suspended? Lovely stuff.

He'll be back managing in a year.

kalowski

"John would see it as banter, but it's race-related bullying"

Uncle TechTip

Some amazing scenarios playing out in League Two right now. Daddylive.cllck

holyzombiejesus

This is crazy. Northampton started the game with 5 goals on Bristol Rovers, both on same points. Northampton currently 3-1 up, Bristol Rovers now 6-0 up and if they make it 7 will go up automatically in N'hampton's place.

Edit: They've got 7! Please Scunthorpe, score a consolation just so I can think about Joey Barton being sad.

Uncle TechTip

Rovers fans pouring on the pitch and the ref takes the players off.

Now Northampton's keeper sent off! Deliberate punch of the ball outside the area!

Poobum

Mansfield cling on! Phew. Couldn't imagine Scunthorpe getting a result and how they didn't. Hopefully missing out like that has knocked the stuffing out of Northampton.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Kankurette on May 07, 2022, 11:31:44 AMOh great, the 'Darren Moore took us down, get rid of him' brigade are out in force again. Because Garry Monk was amazing.

Get Pulis back in!

monkfromhavana

Jordan Shipley has left Cov. Local boy, been with us since he was a kid, chucked in at the deep end at our lowest ebb and stuck with us through to the Championship. I resolved never to cry at football, but I have to confess to shedding some tears watching this. It's not just him going, or the fans, but it's the rest of the squad saying goodbye, then trying to cheer him up.

https://twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/1522933743643774979?s=20&t=X41H6j5bxixg2Kouh4JwQQ

Kankurette

Yems sounds like a real peach. I mean, imagine doing that to your own players. And I hate how racist abuse is written off as 'banter'. It's bullying, plain and simple.
Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 07, 2022, 06:38:54 PMJordan Shipley has left Cov. Local boy, been with us since he was a kid, chucked in at the deep end at our lowest ebb and stuck with us through to the Championship. I resolved never to cry at football, but I have to confess to shedding some tears watching this. It's not just him going, or the fans, but it's the rest of the squad saying goodbye, then trying to cheer him up.

https://twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/1522933743643774979?s=20&t=X41H6j5bxixg2Kouh4JwQQ
Awwww!

ETA: Scunthorpe's goal difference now over MINUS 60. Bastard could have at least scored 1. Barton probably gave a few of them a wedgie afterwards.

Kankurette

Apparently Scunthorpe get a big fat payment if Bristol Rovers go up, after selling them Ryan Loft. Jeez, no wonder they threw the game. Apparently that was a second string side against Bristol. I mean, I know Scunthorpe are buggered regardless but letting Bristol have the goal difference they need to go third is a wee bit sus.

buttgammon

Quote from: Kankurette on May 08, 2022, 07:56:38 AMApparently Scunthorpe get a big fat payment if Bristol Rovers go up, after selling them Ryan Loft. Jeez, no wonder they threw the game. Apparently that was a second string side against Bristol. I mean, I know Scunthorpe are buggered regardless but letting Bristol have the goal difference they need to go third is a wee bit sus.

Fuck's sake, really? I'm not a betting man but I'd have thrown a few quid on that scoreline if I knew about this before they played.

The Lurker

Scunthorpe have been playing the kids since they were confirmed as relegated which must be doing wonders for their confidence... tbh they were due a very heavy defeat at some point. An average age of 20 but only two changes from their 1-1 draw last week. The Athletic reckon their wages are on par with the low end of the National League so they're most likely coming back anytime soon.

Kankurette

Not coming back, you mean?

Wednesday and Doncaster did a charity match with some ex-players yesterday. Pudil, Walker, Di Canio among them (Waddle was going to play but pulled out with an injury). Di Canio is very bald.

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 06, 2022, 08:24:47 PMWatching Wednesday vs Sunderland - Patrick Roberts is playing for Sunderland. Wasn't he a big thing a few years back? Signed by Manchester City then loan spells abroad. Thought he'd be too good for this level.

Watched as a neutral - Stewart is also too good for League 1.

QuoteDuring the 2021–22 EFL League One season Sunderland A.F.C. fans gave Ross Stewart the nickname of the "Loch Ness Drogba", which relates to his Scottish heritage of Loch Ness, and retired Ivory Coast Striker Didier Drogba respectively. In an interview, Stewart was asked about the "Loch Ness Drogba" nickname, which he claimed he was aware of, whilst also expressing his validation for the name.

Poobum

Watched the Scunthorpe highlights and the goalkeeper was noticeably poor, makes sense now.

The Lurker

shoulders

Quote from: The Lurker on May 08, 2022, 10:15:22 AMScunthorpe have been playing the kids since they were confirmed as relegated which must be doing wonders for their confidence... tbh they were due a very heavy defeat at some point. An average age of 20 but only two changes from their 1-1 draw last week. The Athletic reckon their wages are on par with the low end of the National League so they're most likely coming back anytime soon.

Friends with a bloke who watches most of their games. The owner says they're looking to sell but if it drags on, forget it. They're not coming back into League Two any time soon.

Norton Canes

AllisonSays

Quote from: A Hat Like That on May 08, 2022, 12:07:28 PMWatched as a neutral - Stewart is also too good for League 1.

Stewart, Pritchard and briefly the homegrown midfielder Dan Neil have all been class this season; Neil fell out of form and hasn't played much under the new manager but he's only 18 or 19 and looks a lovely, stylish player. Stewart is a bit of an awkward finisher sometimes but the rest of his game is brilliant and he works really hard.

Kankurette

Go get 'em, Wycombe.

The whole thing with MK Dons makes me think of the Beach Boys and Mike Love touring under the Beach Boys name even though nobody's arsed about him and they're not the same without Jardine and Brian Wilson.

monkfromhavana

Psybro

The Scunthorpe thing is funny from a Stevenage perspective because:

1) they had already started playing some kids when we played them the next game after their relegation and we still didn't win despite fighting for our lives

2) we had Ryan Loft before and the idea somebody paid actual money for him is bants

Kankurette

I feel like the BBC really, really want Sunderland to win. Looks like they'll get their wish. We're not having much luck. Hutchinson just got brained.

ETA: oh, HELLO.

monkfromhavana

Thought it would never happen. 2 minutes earlier I was bemoaning the fact that Gregory hadn't been taken off.

Kankurette

I have to work tonight. Just as well.

ETA: it's over. Sunderland have equalised.