Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pukka Pies for goalposts - a Football League/ National League thread

Started by holyzombiejesus, November 08, 2021, 04:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

iamcoop

Fair play to Sunderland, should've buried us in the first game.

We were poor in both games. Some absolutely shocking defending and I never felt like we were coping with the pressure.

I live in Newcastle and most Sunderland fans I know are a good set of people so I'm happy for them. But the pain goes on.

Moore should've made changes way earlier. though.

Boring fucking game for the neutral, I'd imagine.

Kankurette

At least I like Sunderland, so it could have been worse. Better them than franchise twats.

I'm coping by listening to Terrorvision while I work.

Kankurette

Watford have done EXACTLY the same thing to Forest Green that they were criticising Everton for for doing to Marco Silva. Not that the poor sap will last there anyway.

jamiefairlie

Is the appeal of managing Watford in knowing that you'll only have to do six months work max before getting a massive pay off to go away?

Inspector Norse

Kankurette

Big unit Adebayo Akinfenwa's got his last game for Wycombe coming up. Isn't he like 40 or something? Which is normal for a goalie but not so much for an attacker.

Watford are ridiculous. They've gotten rid of managers who've kept them up or got them promoted. Who was the last one who lasted over a season? Mazzarri?

Psybro

Sheringham retired at 42 after playing at a higher level but carrying a lot less weight around.

Kankurette

Hat fucked. Wasn't the equally skinny Ryan Giggs in his forties when he retired as well?

bgmnts

Giggs did all that yoga didn't he? Presumably helped his muscles into old age.

Inspector Norse

Charlie Adam's still playing and he actually died in 1963.

dr beat

Poobum

Bonnyrigg Rose promoted, Cowdenbeath down. Can't decide which name is better. Bonnyrigg Rose is pretty, but Cowdenbeath sums up the bovine life cycle 'Cow den Beef', which I also like.

monkfromhavana

I always feel far more sad seeing teams drop out of the Scottish League 2 than I do with teams dropping out of the Football League. I think because there was no relegation until a few years ago you had the same teams, year upon year, but now they're gone (and seemingly never to return).

Adieu, Brechin, Berwick, East Stirling, Cowdenbeath (I think that's all of them).

jamiefairlie

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 14, 2022, 07:55:50 PMI always feel far more sad seeing teams drop out of the Scottish League 2 than I do with teams dropping out of the Football League. I think because there was no relegation until a few years ago you had the same teams, year upon year, but now they're gone (and seemingly never to return).

Adieu, Brechin, Berwick, East Stirling, Cowdenbeath (I think that's all of them).

That's why I like it, finally seeing some fresh blood invigorating the moribund lower leagues. If I was still in Scotland I'd relish the opportunity to visit new places.

Kankurette

I'm surprised to see Falkirk so low nowadays. What happened?

dr beat

Quote from: jamiefairlie on May 15, 2022, 06:03:05 AMThat's why I like it, finally seeing some fresh blood invigorating the moribund lower leagues. If I was still in Scotland I'd relish the opportunity to visit new places.

Looking at some of the more recent entrants, like Cove Rangers or Kelty Hearts, they seem to be aping the promoted at all costs approach that we're seeing in English non-league/league 2.  Edinburgh City's growth has been a bit more organic but I think they will struggle in the third tier.

Poobum

Chesterfield so close to dropping out of the playoffs, if only Woking managed a goal.

Kankurette

bgmnts

Would actually be nice to see Newport County promoted at some point, mostly to have a successful fully fan owned club. Feels like they've been stuck in League 2 for decades.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1526699984988545024?s=20

Jesus Christ. Billy Sharp attacked on the pitch by some fat bald cunt.

Horrific. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more with pitch invasions being as common as they are.

Edit - link is NSFW. Graphic violence.

Kankurette

Why do people have to be cunts? Why can't you just enjoy the win? I bet Bald Forest Cunt was on coke too.

bgmnts

Seen much worse things on a football pitch to be fair but yeah that bald fat cunt should be banned from all football forever and have to spend a few days in the stocks.

Twat.

Kankurette

Kankurette

Neil Warnock contains enough rage for an entire Sheffield United squad.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Bobloblawslawbomb on May 18, 2022, 12:51:29 AMhttps://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1526699984988545024?s=20

Jesus Christ. Billy Sharp attacked on the pitch by some fat bald cunt.

Horrific. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more with pitch invasions being as common as they are.

Edit - link is NSFW. Graphic violence.

That is awful but a tiny bit of me would like to see someone do that to Harry McKirdy just before kick off tomorrow. Some Vale fans had seriously suggested bringing on a player in injury time in the first leg with the sole aim of incapacitating him for the second. Has a footballer ever had a more annoying face (and habit of scoring goals against your team when they released him less than a year ago)?

Poobum

Woo! Mansfield going to Wembley. Feel for Northampton, that goal swing on the last day was a shitter. Let Port Vale - Swindon be cruel, dirty, and long.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on May 18, 2022, 08:26:05 PMThat is awful but a tiny bit of me would like to see someone do that to Harry McKirdy just before kick off tomorrow. Some Vale fans had seriously suggested bringing on a player in injury time in the first leg with the sole aim of incapacitating him for the second. Has a footballer ever had a more annoying face (and habit of scoring goals against your team when they released him less than a year ago)?

Mate the Best Comb-Over thread is thataway.