Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cunt

Started by touchingcloth, November 18, 2021, 01:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59323918

QuoteFour-year-old Ava only eats Walkers oven baked sea salt-flavour crisps, toastie waffles and a specific kind of baby fruit puree.

Cunt.

GoblinAhFuckScary

poo

Don't understand who the cunt is, if the girl has a genuine eating disorder?

Dex Sawash

Blumf

QuoteAva only eats Walkers oven baked sea salt-flavour crisps

Never mind the temporary disruptions to Walkers manufacturing. What happens if they decide to drop the product line altogether? Or just change the recipe in a way little Ave can't stomach?

touchingcloth

Quote from: poo on November 18, 2021, 01:56:15 PMDon't understand who the cunt is, if the girl has a genuine eating disorder?

She is.

earl_sleek

QuoteDon't understand who the cunt is, if the girl has a genuine eating disorder?

This guy

Dr Rock

Ava, Ava, will you eat a Quaver?
No way she says,that's not my flavour

Ava, Ava, Be a little braver
No way she says, now fuck off you nonce

DrGreggles

Ah shit.
Thought Kelvin McKenzie had died.

Pancake

Haven't been able to get Squares for like a month!

SpiderChrist

Quote from: poo on November 18, 2021, 01:56:15 PMDon't understand who the cunt is, if the girl has a genuine eating disorder?

I am. I am the cunt. Bow before me.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

chveik

The Dog

Know a guy who only eats krill.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blumf on November 18, 2021, 02:17:57 PMNever mind the temporary disruptions to Walkers manufacturing. What happens if they decide to drop the product line altogether? Or just change the recipe in a way little Ave can't stomach?

Apparently it causes a real crisis for people with similarly-disordered eating.

Blumf

Quote from: The Dog on November 18, 2021, 04:15:18 PMKnow a guy who only eats krill.

Sound like a right Dick.

Blue Jam

QuoteDon't understand who the cunt is, if the girl has a genuine eating disorder?
Plus a developmental disorder. Sounds like she could be on the autism spectrum or have sensory issues.

What a lovely thread this is.

Lemming

Got some of those exact ones in the cupboard right now, no joke. Going to get a bag now to eat while I cackle at her plight.

JesusAndYourBush

They were just talking about this on 5Live but I had to come running to this thread to click the link to discover what the name of the condition was because they were pronouncing it so it sounded like Arsehead.

bgmnts

So what happened to make her only want crisps? Was she eating walkers ready salted as a baby? God knows.

I wonder if they can just make their own salted crisps and put them in a ready salted packet.

Lemming

Why is it always potato and bread products that little kids with eating disorders end up being able to tolerate? Only explanations I can think of:

1) They're dry and easy to eat, as opposed to messy slimy sauce-laden bullshit
2) The texture and taste are consistent, unlike fruit and veg where you can get weird firmness/mushiness and different tastes even within the same batch

and, the big one:
3) Crisps and waffles are actually nice, unlike veg which is shit

Blue Jam

QuoteWhy is it always potato and bread products that little kids with eating disorders end up being able to tolerate?

I don't have an eating disorder, but potato and bread products are what I always end up eating when I'm ill and have no appetite.

I have wondered if some people have a sensory issue with the colour of food. A lot of people with very restricted diets seem to go for pretty beige foodstuffs. Maybe beige=safe.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Lemming on November 18, 2021, 06:26:37 PMWhy is it always potato and bread products that little kids with eating disorders end up being able to tolerate? Only explanations I can think of:

1) They're dry and easy to eat, as opposed to messy slimy sauce-laden bullshit
2) The texture and taste are consistent, unlike fruit and veg where you can get weird firmness/mushiness and different tastes even within the same batch

and, the big one:
3) Crisps and waffles are actually nice, unlike veg which is shit

4) Cunt

JaDanketies

Quote from: Blue Jam on November 18, 2021, 06:33:45 PMI have wondered if some people have a sensory issue with the colour of food. A lot of people with very restricted diets seem to go for pretty beige foodstuffs. Maybe beige=safe.

When my fiancee was pregnant she ate loads of beige food, we even described her diet as beige. It said in the article (remember when people used to read them) that people with AFRID like these foods because they are easy and reliable carbs that always taste the same. Wonder what they used to eat before The West brought potatoes and wheat everywhere?

Catalogue of ills

File under "try-hard iconoclasm"

pigamus

QuotePlus a developmental disorder. Sounds like she could be on the autism spectrum or have sensory issues.

What a lovely thread this is.

Yeah, it's a bit rum isn't it. Poor woman must be at her wits' end, and I bet there's loads in the same boat.

Blue Jam

QuoteWonder what they used to eat before The West brought potatoes and wheat everywhere?

?

Every part of the world has its stable carbs doesn't it? Wheat, rice, barley, cassava, potatoes. And they're all beige. There's probably something in that.

Come to think of it colourful foods were probably a real novelty in the UK until relatively recently. Until about the 1950s everything would have been beige or brown or green apart from carrots.

Blue Jam

Quoteit's a bit rum

;)

Cold Meat Platter

Parents not big fans of the internet, I assume. I could have loads of these turn up at my house fairly soon if I wanted.

Bernice

Yeah, this does seem a bit mean. I know, dark humour, just a joke lol etc.

That said, I have to ask - is the kid's eating that specifically disordered that she can only eat Walkers ready salted crisps? Giving mum here the benefit of the doubt and assuming that's the case, kiddo must have a genuinely exceptional palette. A sommelier in the making, if she can ever be convinced to try a bit of vino.