Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

Kyrgios being an absolute bell about a line judge:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/tennis/61966921

Alright mate, we get it, you're a big man and she's a nobody.

selectivememory

Just a bullying prick. Embarrassing that he's still behaving like this at his age.

Iga looked alright. Had a bit of a wobble in the second set, and didn't look entirely comfortable on the grass to me, but still won through in straights.

Deanjam

Quote from: selectivememory on June 28, 2022, 03:09:39 PMJust a bullying prick. Embarrassing that he's still behaving like this at his age.

He'll never change because there's too many enablers in the media who laud him as a character. And it's not like he can get attention for his tennis results.

selectivememory

Halep looking seriously good today. Thought that was a bad draw for her, but she handled it perfectly.

selectivememory

Fuck's sake. That's Felix gone. Just a terrible draw for the first round; the sooner Cressy is seeded at these events the better.

This men's tournament has just been a bummer so far.

Poobum

This Tan - Williams match is proper fun.

bgmnts

Rancid Wimbledon crowd going apeshit for plucky little Serena Williams every point was making me nauseated.

Did Williams abuse an empire at all in the past few sets?

Was willing Tan with every fibre of my being but alas no justice in this world mate.

bgmnts

Oh FUCK YESS YES YES YES

Poobum

Wow. That run after going 4-0 down in the tiebreak. Cold nerves of steel. Also I forgot final set tiebreaks went to 10, was wondering why everyone was taking the "winning" point so casual.

selectivememory

That was a tremendously entertaining match. Really fun contrast of styles. Can't remember seeing a player hit their regular groundstrokes with such little pace before, but Tan was causing Serena all sorts of problems out there with her junkballing and her slice.

gilbertharding

Quote from: bgmnts on June 28, 2022, 10:29:04 PMRancid Wimbledon crowd going apeshit for plucky little Serena Williams every point was making me nauseated.

Did Williams abuse an empire at all in the past few sets?

Was willing Tan with every fibre of my being but alas no justice in this world mate.

Tennis crowds and tennis 'bantz' (eg the commentators chuckling at the 'Serena roar') are the worst in the world. The slow handclap every time they ask for a review alone makes me long for an atrocity to happen.

Mr_Simnock

wham bang thank you tan

shoulders

Quote from: gilbertharding on June 29, 2022, 10:15:42 AMTennis crowds and tennis 'bantz' (eg the commentators chuckling at the 'Serena roar') are the worst in the world. The slow handclap every time they ask for a review alone makes me long for an atrocity to happen.

Wimbledon crowd are the absolute core of the Sir Captain Tom Moore pots and pans banging Diana flower cult contingent.

gilbertharding

Quote from: shoulders on June 29, 2022, 04:49:41 PMWimbledon crowd are the absolute core of the Sir Captain Tom Moore pots and pans banging Diana flower cult contingent.

Where does that poor dead bowel cancer lady fit into all this? I bet she'd have loved to go to Wimbledon.

BlodwynPig

selectivememory

So good from Garcia. Don't think Emma should feel bad about that one at all.

Some good performances from Penko so far, I really want to see her make the second week at a minimum. [Edit: just looking at the draw, and there's a possibility of a Jabeur-Penko semifinal. God, I want to see that happen so much.]

rjd2

Very cruel that draw for Emma, 2 grass court dangers to start with.
Murray not playing well here whatsoever, a set down he should still grind it out but worrying how Isner is having so much fun with Murray's serve.

Crenners

Emma Rada Can't Do

Got fucked up today but at least she didn't fake a splinter or some shit 🤣🤣🤣

selectivememory

Andy, you can't be losing to John Isner. That would be unforgivable.

Can't watch this prick, even if it's Andy he's playing. Just dreadful tennis. Going to stick with Ons.

WhoMe

There's the come on Tim's and then there's this other, more extreme category of Wimbledon yellers. It doesn't sound like encouragement so much as the last desperate shriek at a lifeboat before being taken by the waves.

bgmnts

Ha straight set the cunt do it!

shoulders

Isner always looks like he actually hates tennis and wishes he had been born gifted at something else. Painting, perhaps.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Basketball
Professional ogre

shoulders

I wonder if Murray has realised he has the highest percentage TERF fanbase of probably any living being.

selectivememory

Ugh. Looks like it's over for him unless he can somehow break the Isner serve.

shoulders

Uh oh, very sloppy from Murray.

Crenners

Murray Wanker (Walker)