Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:42:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wordle! It's the new craze

Started by kalowski, January 06, 2022, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Quote from: shoulders on January 20, 2022, 11:57:36 AMNot having a go at anyone in here who are into it, I just don't understand why people are posting this on social media when the audience is overwhelmingly people who couldn't give a toss.

I'd agree in theory and yet it has in some instances led to little interactions, and today for instance, and in case of today it's been amusing because

Spoiler alert
Seeing friends that are into gunpla and making little robot models and thinking "of course you got it in two."
[close]

Replies From View

Quote from: shoulders on January 20, 2022, 11:57:36 AMNot having a go at anyone in here who are into it, I just don't understand why people are posting this on social media when the audience is overwhelmingly people who couldn't give a toss.

If social media means twitter, facebook, trigger, instagawk, mendips, viperballz etc then those platforms are sfc anyway, and anyone using them will gratefully gobble up what they are given.

If social media actually means places like CaB, then it would be so incongruous for anyone who hates wordle to bother opening up a thread explicitly about wordle that I can't imagine it happening.

Replies From View

Quote from: Thursday on January 20, 2022, 01:53:32 PMI'd agree in theory and yet it has in some instances led to little interactions, and today for instance, and in case of today it's been amusing because

Spoiler alert
Seeing friends that are into gunpla and making little robot models and thinking "of course you got it in two."
[close]

They didn't even get it in one?  Haha, the one thing they were destined to achieve and they somehow didn't.

Hopefully you have cut them out of your life.

NoSleep

Quote from: Replies From View on January 20, 2022, 02:45:15 PMIf social media means twitter, facebook, trigger, instagawk, mendips, viperballz etc then those platforms are sfc anyway

The narcissists and hucksters that infest those cretin landfills would only be scrolling through endless pictures of other wankers dinners anyway.
They'd probably be thankful of a few green squares to break up the monotony.

Replies From View

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on January 20, 2022, 03:58:45 PMThe narcissists and hucksters that infest those cretin landfills would only be scrolling through endless pictures of other wankers dinners anyway.
They'd probably be thankful of a few green squares to break up the monotony.

Exactly.  Play hopskotch every now and then, you nature-hating screen-miners.

Noodle Lizard

Wordle 215 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟨🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Poor start, but I threw a Hail Mary on 3 and it paid off!

Spoiler alert
SPENT
AUDIT
ABORT
ROBOT
[close]

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on January 20, 2022, 01:19:22 PMLittle bit of hooman interaction, innit. We all have to get it where we can nowadays :(
Since it's a daily thing, doing the puzzle and coming in here feels sort of like running into your neighbour every morning, "hello, you alright this morning? Weather etc."

I don't think it's anything more than that.

That's it for me. It's simple enough to be a quick distraction most people can do on their way to work, and then talk about for a minute or less. A shared experience that's a bit different each day. It's nice. Simpler times.

JaDanketies

touchingcloth

Wordle 215 3/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
POINT
COURT <- glad I went with this rather than COUNT!!!!!!!1
ROBOT
[close]

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Wordle 216 2/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ohhhhhh yeah.

Spoiler alert
VEINY
PRICK
[close]

JesusAndYourBush

selectivememory

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
GROUT
BRAVE
PRICK
[close]

I will get it in two one of these days.

Poobum

Wordle 216 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
YOURS
TREAT
GRILL
BRICK
PRICK
[close]

I blush.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 21, 2022, 12:02:34 AMWordle 216 2/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ohhhhhh yeah.

Spoiler alert
VEINY
PRICK
[close]

I've got one of those and it still got me beat

Thursday

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
BOARD
RITES
PRICK

I know it has a non-sweary meaning, but I still thought "well surely it's not going to be this, but I'll just type it to help me figure it out.
[close]

pigamus

Wordle 216 4/6

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
SIREN
OCTAL
DUMPY
PRICK
[close]

mothman

Wordle 216 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
BEAST
PRION
PRICK
[close]

machotrouts

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
ATONE
CHILD
PRICK

Haunting indictment of our societal fear of childhood sexuality
[close]

Mister Six

Phew, that was a close one.

Spoiler alert
AUDIO
TRIES
FRILL
GRIMY
BRINK
PRICK
[close]

The Lurker

Wordle 216 4/6

⬜️⬜️🟩⬜️⬜️
⬜️🟨⬜️⬜️⬜️
🟩⬜️🟩⬜️⬜️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
SAINT
DIZZY
POISE
PRICK
[close]

Should have got that in three, I've had an absolute shocker. I guessed that today's would have few vowels and for some reason, I made that second guess even though I knew it wouldn't be right. It's too early in the morning for this shit...

Pranet

Absurd fluke

Wordle 216 2/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
GOATS
PRICK
[close]

amateur

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
SWIFT
PLINK
PRICK
[close]

Very pleased with the pattern on that. Felt lateral as fuck.

jobotic

Wordle 216 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Spoiler alert
OCEAN
CRIMP
PRICK
[close]

amateur

Quote from: jobotic on January 21, 2022, 08:04:29 AMWordle 216 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Spoiler alert
OCEAN
CRIMP
PRICK
[close]

Great insult for a

Spoiler alert
crab
[close]
, that.

Lost Oliver

I have two questions, both of which may have already been answered.

1. Mrs LO has white tiles instead of black when she sends it over. Why is that? She's the only person I've seen with white.
2. A friend in China did it and sent me a screenshot of his game. Dickhead. Anyway, I thought that had ruined my day but it hadn't because his was a different word! So is this something that changes from country to country?

amateur

Quote from: Lost Oliver on January 21, 2022, 08:13:16 AM1. Mrs LO has white tiles instead of black when she sends it over. Why is that? She's the only person I've seen with white.

Dark mode on a phone is my guess.

Lost Oliver

I'll have a gander, good shout.

Norton Canes

Wordle 216 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler alert
STARE
MOUND
PRICK