Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:35:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What boujee stuff have you done recently?

Started by The Mollusk, January 08, 2022, 04:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

tasting menu at Masterchef Pro winning resto

Janie Jones

Quote from: The Mollusk on January 08, 2022, 04:32:19 PM...I'll set the bar low to start: Accidentally bought fabric softener instead of whatever the other thing is called today. Was legit thinking of taking it back and switching it but my partner said we could use it to make our towels all fluffy and nice...

Well I bought fabric conditioner in a hipster emporium in a former lock-up behind the market in Peckham on Wednesday and it was twelve fucking quid. For 500ml. And that was with a third off! It's normally £18. I was so gobsmacked when I was told the price that I just thought, fuck it, I'm buying this. Just to make a mockery of all my careful shopping around and buying mis-shape veg and making stock out of peelings and re-using unfranked stamps, I'm paying twelve fucking quid for something that's 85p in Aldi, just because it's part of curated collection of lifestyle products in a lockup in Peckham Levels with M1llionz blasting out.

The product is AttireCare fabric softener which you can look up to ascertain that I am not even lying.

(Btw Mollusk, I've heard several people say that you shouldn't use fabric conditioner on towels because it interferes with their absorbency and makes them scratchy, not fluffy.)

imitationleather

Last week I got out of the bath to have a piss.

the Fallen

Lad I just beat a lad to probable death there in the cold back there with hands that'd be bare if it wasn't for the gloves I habitually wear.

Syxx brand gloves. It's where I get all my velour. They feel great against the skin, but protect me from the winter. The last thing you really want in this weather is chapped hands. No, I don't get a commission!! In fact their ladies asked me - nay, commanded me - not to ask

I'm not in organised crime, no. What a ridiculous question. I'm just bigtime freelance makin' waves like it's the 80's. The Golden Age of No CCTV

non capisco

Sacked off Cineworld Unlimited in favour of Curzon Cult Membership, cinemas where if you want, right, you can buy a glass of wine and take it in to the screening. Enjoy your Fanta Ice Blasts, ya dirt-scrabbling pig people.

the Fallen

I just had a posh wank at Waitrose, but don't worry, I wasn't wearing that jacket. Then onto Vue, and perhaps bowling in my sci-fi life of alien queens begging for satiety and neighbours who don't complain I don't use bins

(if I had my teeth in, I'd listen to white music)

chveik

Quote from: imitationleather on January 08, 2022, 09:35:05 PMLast week I got out of the bath to have a piss.

some have been guillotined for much less

shoulders

The current toilet roll we bought actually smells nice.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: seepage on January 08, 2022, 08:21:06 PMWhy are you eating 'spreadable' butter? I think 'normal' Lurpak is around the same price as own-name brands.

It's a bit dearer, like maybe £1.65 instead of £1.25. Country Life, Anchor, Kerrygold etc are somewhere in between.

Alfigator

Does ya class change ? I was peasant class growing up but now I have a job in the media and bifold doors, still have a council estate brain though.

Either way just put premium fuel in the car

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Alfigator on January 08, 2022, 11:13:12 PMEither way just put premium fuel in the car

This is absolutely the kind eccentric woo-woo stuff that the insane-through-money people do tbf

shoulders

Anyone who needs extra spreadable butter has bought a disability aid, not a luxury product.

mothman

We get Lurpak now because eldest saw James May on Instagram say they make the best chip butties, or some equally absurd reason like that. She doesn't even eat chip butties. And Lurpak isn't even fucking spreadable for Christ's sake. I fucking hate it.

Today we splashed out... on some disposable overalls, dust masks, gloves and goggles to bag up the asbestos that's been sitting on our driveway for six months (and take it to the not-very-local tip where they handle it). I was just going to chuck a disposable mask on and wear gardening gloves, but no MrsMoth wanted it done proper. We must have looked like a pair of sperm pissing around in our front garden.

TL;DR Dead soon, don't forget my death thread is to be called "Mothgone" unless anyone can think of anything better.

Dex Sawash

Bought some trousers, the color is "Prosperity Camo"
Paid $3.81 clearance price.

I ordered a case of wine from M&S earlier this evening.

Spoiler alert
Using a voucher my work gave me.
[close]

The Mollusk

Quote from: shoulders on January 08, 2022, 10:56:55 PMThe current toilet roll we bought actually smells nice.

Fragranced shit tickets should be the thing people refer to as "the devil's lettuce" instead of weed. You may as well daub yourself in Haribo-scented paint and walk about singing "kids and grown ups love it so, the pungent stench of a paedo".

shiftwork2

Quote from: Alfigator on January 08, 2022, 11:13:12 PMDoes ya class change ? I was peasant class growing up but now I have a job in the media and bifold doors, still have a council estate brain though.

Either way just put premium fuel in the car

No it doesn't you're the fucking dregs, alright cheers

flotemysost

Massively middle class cunt here so feel free to boot me out the thread, but I bought some Radox shower gel recently which I know isn't especially fancy but I just really look forward to showering at the moment, just feels like a really nice little treat. I normally use a bar of soap to ablute my bits and I know a plastic bottle of synthetic slime isn't very eco-friendly, but it's just nice, especially when it's so cold in the mornings.

Speaking of bathroom fragrances, the bottle of Eau d'I Clearly Just Done A Massive Shit, But Here Is Some Fake Patchouli Honk To Mask It stuff in my flatshare bathroom ran dry recently and I couldn't find a similar one to replace it, so in a moment of madness bought some M&S hemp scented room spray which cost about five times as much. Waste of money, it's not unpleasant but it's no match for even a humble colonic effort.

Tony Tony Tony

Just watched my guilty pleasure the annual deluded pratfest that is The Apprentice. The teams were set the task of marketing a luxury cruise. One of the teams chose the name 'Boujie Cruises' which is so close the the title and sense of this thread that I now suspect Mollusk will be on next years show.

I'd put a pound of my own money on him twatting Sugar if this comes true.

mothman

Quote from: flotemysost on January 09, 2022, 12:31:13 AMMassively middle class cunt here so feel free to boot me out the thread, but I bought some Radox shower gel recently which I know isn't especially fancy but I just really look forward to showering at the moment, just feels like a really nice little treat. I normally use a bar of soap to ablute my bits and I know a plastic bottle of synthetic slime isn't very eco-friendly, but it's just nice, especially when it's so cold in the mornings.

Speaking of bathroom fragrances, the bottle of Eau d'I Clearly Just Done A Massive Shit, But Here Is Some Fake Patchouli Honk To Mask It stuff in my flatshare bathroom ran dry recently and I couldn't find a similar one to replace it, so in a moment of madness bought some M&S hemp scented room spray which cost about five times as much. Waste of money, it's not unpleasant but it's no match for even a humble colonic effort.
Shower gel's a funny one. I mean, it's liquid soap, and yet quite often expensive. I really don't care what it smells like (provided not totally offensive) so long as it gets me clean. I even went through a phase of using Lynx Africa shower gel because Farm Foods sell it in large bottles.

If I wanted to really (heh) splash out I'd go for Molton Brown Black Pepper, it's terrific, Mint Source for grown-ups. But it's £22 for 300ml on Amazon. It'd last a week, unless I saved it for special occasions.

chveik

Pink Gregory

Quote from: icehaven on January 08, 2022, 07:44:04 PMIt's not really, it's just bloody expensive compared to other brands like Clover or ICBIN Butter which are about half the price.

A great irony that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter acronymises (?) almost to ICH BIN BUTTER

shoulders

Quote from: Pink Gregory on January 09, 2022, 06:40:12 AMA great irony that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter acronymises (?) almost to ICH BIN BUTTER

I laughed

The Mollusk

Quote from: flotemysost on January 09, 2022, 12:31:13 AMI normally use a bar of soap to ablute my bits and I know a plastic bottle of synthetic slime isn't very eco-friendly, but it's just nice, especially when it's so cold in the mornings.

What do you use? We've been exclusively using Lush for a while now. I don't often pass one of their shops so if I'm working in Liverpool Street and we're running low I'll go in and spend about £20 on two big blocks of the stuff. That seems pricey but it lasts ages.

Pink Gregory

I get the 3 for £5 body shop soap bars.  Usually olive, shea, mandarin, all the classics.

imitationleather

Just don't feel like I can get properly clean since they got rid of the microplastic beads, know what I mean?

Milo

Only a matter of time until someone develops a method to recover them from penguins' livers or whatever so they can be used without adding more to the environment.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: icehaven on January 08, 2022, 07:44:04 PMIt's not really, it's just bloody expensive compared to other brands like Clover or ICBIN Butter which are about half the price.
Quote from: Pink Gregory on January 09, 2022, 06:40:12 AMA great irony that I Can't Believe It's Not Butter acronymises (?) almost to ICH BIN BUTTER

I didn't even realize "ICBIN Butter" was an acronym for I Can't... I thought it was some wholesaler butter standard and I'm just a daft cunt, buying singular sticks while everyone else here is laughing at me like butter warlords, buying huge slabs of ICBIN-Grade Butter off the boat at tuppence a pop.

dissolute ocelot

Spent Saturday night reading vegan cookbooks.

Also, just found I own two hole punches.