Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Midget Gems #CANCELLED

Started by Blue Jam, January 13, 2022, 06:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 07:48:13 PMIs the name "sausage dog" problematic? They do have doggie achondroplasia after all. They also aren't sausages, their meat is not reconstituted.

*insert your own Alan Johnson quote here*

Siamese cats.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2022, 07:27:06 PMAre they even actual fucking gems?
They're mined by slaves and used to fund the brutal conflict between Bertie Bassett and the Caramel Bunny.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on January 13, 2022, 07:52:11 PMThey're mined by slaves and used to fund the brutal conflict between Bertie Bassett and the Caramel Bunny.

Are the M&S ones not Fairtrade these days?

touchingcloth

Are Minstrels still OK? My Finnish friend says they have some sweets there which are basically called Liquorice N-words, so Great British sweets are all relatively fine.

mothman

I really hoped that after Brexit they'd start making Minstrels like what they used to be before everything went woke, with white chocolate underneath.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2022, 07:59:33 PMAre Minstrels still OK? My Finnish friend says they have some sweets there which are basically called Liquorice N-words, so Great British sweets are all relatively fine.

You still see tête-de-nègre in France sometimes. A year or so ago I noticed the supermarket ones were called tête au chocolat on the individual packages but the box they were put out from still said tête-de-nègre.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

How about Dwarf Gems instead? Make one gem the Arkenstone, with which one can wield ultimate power and truly unite the Dwarven race.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: touchingcloth on January 13, 2022, 07:59:33 PMMy Finnish friend says they have some sweets there which are basically called Liquorice N-words, so Great British sweets are all relatively fine.

If they're the sweets I'm thinking of, they were called N*****'s Kisses and they were renamed to Kisses some time ago.

Replies From View

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 07:50:20 PMYeah, but sausage dogs have such lovely big sad brown eyes

Mmmm bootifaw gooey sausage dog eyes!  They'd go down nicely with a giant pack of midget gems and a mass screening of home sweet home alone, ah tells ya!!

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on January 13, 2022, 08:03:19 PMI really hoped that after Brexit they'd start making Minstrels like what they used to be before everything went woke, with white chocolate underneath.

You're thinking of Vice Versas, I think.  Before we joined the EU they were called Coconut Boys.

Kankurette

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 07:50:20 PMYeah, but sausage dogs have such lovely big sad brown eyes, I hate the thought of upsetting them even if I do find them absolutely f***ing hilarious to look at.

Link sausages should be banned because frankly they're just rude. Was Lorne sausage invented by a Puritan? I bet it was. Square is as square does.
They are sweet, if evil. If Jose Mourinho was a dog, he would be a dachshund.

mothman

Quote from: Replies From View on January 13, 2022, 08:33:37 PMVice Versas, they were called in their later years.  Before we joined the EU they were Coconut Boys.
I just looked up when the BBC stopped making The Black and White Minstrel Show - 1978. But I'm sure I remember it being on TV after that, late at night - repeats maybe? Not that I watched, more changed to another channel rapidly in revulsion...

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 13, 2022, 08:25:58 PMIf they're the sweets I'm thinking of, they were called N*****'s Kisses and they were renamed to Kisses some time ago.

I think there was also a Finnish or German brand of licorice that is shaped like little heads and came in a package with a white sea captain on the front.

Replies From View

Fishermen's Friends were, until very recently, known as Gypsy Clunges.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

and this is "news" because it's "political correctness gone mad" culture war bullshit. "An ACADEMIC" made a fuss and now a retailer is changing the name of a beloved sweetie, WILL IT NEVER END

Replies From View

I personally love that a company can advertise products under the guise of news.  It is a good thing.

Video Game Fan 2000

Breaking news: top reporter Alex James investigates whether Big Macs are delicious or just great value for money

Replies From View

Oh the old... the walking in the air kid?

Mr Banlon

'Mecca Bingo' is proper taking the piss though.

mothman

Quote from: Replies From View on January 13, 2022, 08:52:31 PMOh the old... the walking in the air kid?
No, the cheese-bothering Blurry bass twat.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on January 13, 2022, 08:51:00 PMBreaking news: top reporter Alex James investigates whether Big Macs are delicious or just great value for money

Pfffft, as if Cheese Tory would ever tolerate the plastic cheese on those.

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on January 13, 2022, 09:07:38 PMNo, the cheese-bothering Blurry bass twat.

I've never heard of such a thing.

Captain Z

I've still not forgiven the EU for making us change Opal Fruits to Vauxhall Fruits.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 13, 2022, 09:14:41 PMPfffft, as if Cheese Tory would ever tolerate the plastic cheese on those.

He did a bunch of McDonalds pushing "news" stories for the Sun a while ago. Did you know McDonalds food is healthier than you think it is?

Double standards in the confectionery industry as, at the time of writing, Cadbury's Dairy Milk Giant Buttons remain on sale.

Jittlebags

I understand that Revels were originally to be marketed as Rabbit Tods®.

privatefriend

What about jelly babies which could be offensive to people whose babies came out made of jelly.

Butchers Blind

Gonna start stocking up on Black Jacks before the wokes take them.

TrenterPercenter

Did anyone else notice the way Corbyn would say chewits?

Kankurette

I don't think Aled Jones has committed the level of crimes against decency that Cheese Nonce James has.