Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,398
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:43:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Direct tonight at 10pm (UK time) - 09 February 2022

Started by Kelvin, February 09, 2022, 07:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 12, 2022, 11:32:03 AMDid anyone play the Kirby demo, then?

I really liked it but have no idea what to expect from a Kirby game (pretty much only played 1-2 hours of Kirby Super Star), so whether it expands from its simple beginnings remains to be seen.

Yeah, I played it. And I'm glad I did, as I've decided not to buy it. The game is obviously well made, and it's almost parodically cute - all the characters kissing and hugging each other - but it's also very obviously aimed at young children; its painfully easy, even on the higher difficulty, and it just wasn't stimulating to me. A good example of Bosto's "Nursing Home Tier" gaming, or whatever it is he calls it. Not a badly made game, by any means. But just not a game I can see myself getting much out of. 

brat-sampson

I enjoyed it. I think Kirby games are always pretty chill until like the endgame anyway tbh, so think of it less like adding a Hard Mode and more like they added an Even Easier Mode for people new to gaming in general / younger children.

Pink Gregory

From what I understand of Kirby's Epic Yarn (odd reference I know), the game itself is easy but getting 100% completion is more challenging, and I would hope this would be the same.

Kelvin

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 12, 2022, 06:20:25 PMFrom what I understand of Kirby's Epic Yarn (odd reference I know), the game itself is easy but getting 100% completion is more challenging, and I would hope this would be the same.

That's true of almost all of Nintendo's games, Mario most notably. The difference here, at least based off the demo, is that I really didn't feel stimulated by Kirby at all - it was really no more engaging to me than a very, very easy brawler, with all the cheats activated. I don't doubt it gets harder in the endgame, or if you go for 100% - Yoshi on the Wii U was very like that - but I just didn't feel like I getting enough out of the gameplay to even want to aim for 100%.

Pink Gregory

Yeah, that's what I was expecting.  Would like to have it one day but maybe not new.

Will have to see the reviews I guess.

madhair60

I always think of Kirby games as a reflection of the player's soul, etc

Pink Gregory

when he picks up ice and he becomes ice kirby he moves around like he's skating i loved it

Jerzy Bondov