Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:42:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TUNIC (Steam, Xbox, Game Pass)

Started by brat-sampson, March 17, 2022, 10:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

@brat-sampson

Think I might be getting it?

Spoiler alert
[close]

for my sins, looked up the significance of 'holy cross'.  Again I'm really bad at lateral thinking im games.  Though to be fair it is a little counter-intuitive when the game is from an isometric perspective.

brat-sampson

Yeah, that's the idea.

Re. the Holy Cross:
Spoiler alert
I also figured for the *longest* time that it was another item I needed to find before I could use the codes, just down to the nature of the game. Things sped up considerably when I discovered I could just... do it. I still tripped a couple of times on the golden path due to the scale of it, ended up double-checking it online.
[close]

Minor note on your spoiler:
Spoiler alert
Not sure you're good on 12 there. The nature of the thing is that there must be entrances/exits etc, it can't just be a square.
[close]

Next step / Actual spoiler:
Spoiler alert
Think about what's *inside* the square...
[close]

Pink Gregory

Quote from: brat-sampson on May 17, 2022, 12:47:46 PMYeah, that's the idea.

Re. the Holy Cross:
Spoiler alert
I also figured for the *longest* time that it was another item I needed to find before I could use the codes, just down to the nature of the game. Things sped up considerably when I discovered I could just... do it. I still tripped a couple of times on the golden path due to the scale of it, ended up double-checking it online.
[close]

Minor note on your spoiler:
Spoiler alert
Not sure you're good on 12 there. The nature of the thing is that there must be entrances/exits etc, it can't just be a square.
[close]

Next step / Actual spoiler:
Spoiler alert
Think about what's *inside* the square...
[close]

Yeah was wondering about that, I scribbled all that down before work this morning so I was looking for the most literal clues.

Pink Gregory

Alright...so...I looked up 
Spoiler alert
solutions for some of the fairies, just to get the context for the Holy Cross puzzles, and annoyingly one thing the game doesn't communicate is that a strikethrough of a line means 'that direction, twice'.  Think I'd largely figured at least two puzzles out but just had that stopping me.
[close]

Actually I am looking up solutions in situations where I can see the puzzle solution but I'm not quite accurately following it somehow.  I always have a habit of following the wrong line.

Bought this on a whim yesterday and it's really, really good so far (about 3 hours in). Looking forward to seeing how the puzzle difficulty ramps up as it's been fairly straightforward so far.

The world design is superb and I love the tonal shifts in the soundtrack, from relaxed to melancholic to sinister. It's the first game I've played since Undertale where I've deliberately hung around in certain areas just to hear the music play out.

I'm finding the combat quite challenging, but I like the fact it gives you alternatives if you find a fight too difficult. I was really struggling against the Guard Captain until I realised I could just cheese it with explosives, it's nice to have choices like that where you can do it the hard way if you want to, but the option is there to end the fight quickly if you prefer, rather than have to slog through it over and over again.

Pink Gregory

the bombs in Tunic are ace, properly have some heft to them, plus they're adorable little firecrackers

This game is fucking great! Just been to the lair of those frog cunts and nicked their
Spoiler alert
magical hookshot thing.
[close]
I think I'm well on the way now.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on May 28, 2022, 03:36:00 PMThis game is fucking great! Just been to the lair of those frog cunts and nicked their
Spoiler alert
magical hookshot thing.
[close]
I think I'm well on the way now.

Gaining mobility in this game is a great feeling.  I thought for the longest time there was going to be some sort of musical element because of all the tuning forks sticking out of the ground.