Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:10:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Kankurette on May 27, 2022, 11:51:20 PMYou've been linked with Suarez.

Yep we've been linked with him for about 6 months now, no one call whether it is legitimate or just because of Gerrard.  Villa fans in general are not keen.

Quote from: Kankurette on May 28, 2022, 01:27:03 AMMings certainly doesn't live up to his name, the handsome devil.

I went along to a press day at the Villa about year ago (friend is part of there PR team) and I have to say when he walked out even my heterosexual eyebrows raised, an absolute Goliath of a man.

monkfromhavana

Kankurette

I assumed it was because of Gerrard. And Coutinho already being there.

Mings is huge! I can't get over the size of Joel Matip either, he makes Robertson look tiny.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: bgmnts on May 28, 2022, 07:59:15 PMWhy have French police teargassed Liverpool fans?

Get them crying early in preparation for the loss later.

kitsofan34

Very funny seeing Jake Humphrey asking Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen to talk about children and families being tear gassed. Gerrard can't even deviate from his monotone when talking about tear gassed Liverpool fans.

itsfredtitmus

when owen calls jake "jake" it makes it sound like hes a child in a comic riding a tricycle with a pointed red hat

badaids

I'm watching this on a CBS stream.

Thierry Henry, Carragher and Micah Richards.  The host is absolutely terrible.

She keeps saying things like. "I've just forgotten to turn my mic on what a terribly unprofessional thing to have done", and "Jamie can you look at these images and explain them, you'll have to do it because I've completely forgotten what they are about what utter chaos".

There's a real odd vibe around this delay. Would they cancel the game?

badaids

The chaos outside the stadium can't be as bad as these commentators.

"It's not dua lipa singing tonight it's camilla cabello, Jamie what's your favorite song"
"By dua lipa?"
"No by camilla cabello, she's singing tonight"
"...erm ...I don't know any of her songs"
"yes you do now"
"yes i do now".

badaids

"now Jamie, are you, feeling, are you, how do you, are feeling anxious for the... safety of your family?"

Wonderful Butternut

BBC Journalist Nick Parrott is outside the ground in a personal capacity speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live: "I have just been pepper sprayed for the first time in my life. I have been to the Champions League final before and I have never been pepper sprayed before.

"I was outside Gate Y which has been opening and closing repeatedly over the last hour and a half but nobody has been going through. The security staff on the other side advanced and sprayed pepper spray.

"I have seen 10 fans trying to climb over fences. Gate Z is open but there does not seem to be any movement going in. I have never seen this sort of chaos at any match I have been to in a personal capacity.

"The Liverpool fans are trying to move themselves back from these gates to try and get in but the authorities seem to be doing nothing. I came to get into the stadium at seven o'clock.

"I got through the outer perimeter where there is crushing. I came round in good time and it was quite clear that we were not going to get in before nine o'clock."

Kankurette

Jesus Christ, it's not starting until half 8. WTAF is going on? Loads of people trying to get in without tickets? I don't think I need to explain why my initial reaction is one of fear.
Quote from: bgmnts on May 28, 2022, 07:59:15 PMWhy have French police teargassed Liverpool fans?
Because France.
Quote from: kitsofan34 on May 28, 2022, 08:03:26 PMVery funny seeing Jake Humphrey asking Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen to talk about children and families being tear gassed. Gerrard can't even deviate from his monotone when talking about tear gassed Liverpool fans.
"Yerrofcourse."

Jasha

Quote from: badaids on May 28, 2022, 08:14:07 PMShe is like the female version of Alan Partridge

Bt are showing it on the free channel or its on YouTube too, though your Comms team sounds more entertaining than Rio and Owen

The Culture Bunker

Plenty of footage on Twitter of fans (from both teams) clambering over fences - caveat to be added there, of course. But if genuine, we can only hope it doesn't lead to problems inside the stadium.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Kankurette on May 28, 2022, 08:16:20 PMJesus Christ, it's not starting until half 8. WTAF is going on? Loads of people trying to get in without tickets? I don't think I need to explain why my initial reaction is one of fear.Because France."Yerrofcourse."

Suggestion from people who are actually there is that they're really slow moving people into the Liverpool end, and that "only" single digit numbers of fans have tried to run or climb barriers. There are journos and fans with tickets apparently arrived 2+ hours ago who have not gotten in.

Twatter probably makes this worse. The true picture will probably only emerge in a couple of days.

badaids

Quote from: Jasha on May 28, 2022, 08:17:45 PMBt are showing it on the free channel or its on YouTube too, though your Comms team sounds more entertaining than Rio and Owen

You need to get on CBS and watch this.  It's amazing.

"Now then Jamie, Liverpool are a team that have a history of fan trauma aren't they?  Tell us more about that".

badaids

This is the host who is making a very entertaining pig's ear of everything.

Wonderful Butternut

This is why all Champions Leagues from now on should be hosted at Semple Stadium in Thurles. You can just walk through the town and on up to the stadium no prob.

Kankurette

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on May 28, 2022, 08:20:01 PMSuggestion from people who are actually there is that they're really slow moving people into the Liverpool end, and that "only" single digit numbers of fans have tried to run or climb barriers. There are journos and fans with tickets apparently arrived 2+ hours ago who have not gotten in.

Twatter probably makes this worse. The true picture will probably only emerge in a couple of days.
I've already had to report a Chelsea fan for posting a photo of people dying at Hillsborough. With Gareth Bale shooped on it. (Although it was the BBC where I read the original news from Paris.)

Inspector Norse

Kankurette

badaids

Quote from: Inspector Norse on May 28, 2022, 08:25:33 PMFans still outside will be gutted to miss the Opening Ceremony

If the director carries on like this so will everyone watching on television.

bgmnts

Fucking hell that puppeteer with the dragon on top of his head awkwardly side to side dancing made me almost throw up laughing.

badaids

I love the fact that they either have cameras 300 metres away or 30 cms away and nothing in between.

Butchers Blind