Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football Thread 2021/22 Part 2 - Matt Le Tosser, Dejan Moron and Thickie Lambert

Started by JamesTC, April 06, 2022, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Richarlison to Spurs seems a strange one. I can understand Everton selling but not sure he's the answer to any of Spurs' questions. Not sure any Everton player is the answer to anyone's questions really. The only scenario I can imagine is a begrudging reciprocation for taking Dele off our hands.

imitationleather

Vitamin C

£60m for Richarlison, fair fucks to Conte, the man has got a sense of humour and isn't just some screaming nutter on the touchline.

JamesTC

He's an improvement on what they have. After all he is a whole Richarli better than Son.

Wonderful Butternut

lol £60m. I don't think Richarlison will significantly improve Spurs. If improve them at all.

In other news two more years of Salah at Liverpool. Sorry lads.

JamesTC

He was worth more than that for Everton but they couldn't afford not to sell him given their financial predicament.

phes

He's a clear improvement on their current options, who are capable of walloping in a handful of worldies a season but don't offer much else. He's a persistent, niggly, diving shit and that alone will buy them several penalty and free kick goals.

Kankurette

Everton were pretty much forced to sell. Selling their best player is fucking stupid and has bitten them in the arse before but they didn't have much of a choice.

ETA: I've just found out my cousin is going to be a Football Relations officer for the PL and I'm so proud. She's been working in Gibraltar getting women's football off the ground, which hasn't been an easy job.

Wonderful Butternut

Man U had no plans to sign him and just chucked stupid money at him to stop him going to City. Literally every other attacker at the club gets worse on his arrival (could be co-incidental, but I don't think it is), but CR7 Cultists still insisted he was a brilliant signing cos his own numbers are god, and now he'd decided to leave cos it's such a shitshow. A shitshow that he was as much a part of as Maguire or Shaw or Pogba or Solksjaer or "McFred".

And now he flounces out of it and the Cultists still insist its everyone's fault but his.

Hilarious.

Fr.Bigley

I reckon he'll be signed by Derby.

300 quid a week, on a free and part time groundsman.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on July 02, 2022, 10:12:53 PMI reckon he'll be signed by Derby.

300 quid a week, on a free and part time groundsman.

Shamrock Rovers mate. They have CL footie this season.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 02, 2022, 10:18:19 PMShamrock Rovers mate. They have CL footie this season.

I heard keano was coming our of retirement and playing all three midfield positions himself to save euros and prove to Vieira once and for all, he's the best.

buttgammon

As Rovers are my local club, I'm obliged to point out that Ronaldo made his Real Madrid debut playing in a pre-season game against them in Tallaght.

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Dyl Spinks on July 02, 2022, 04:02:24 PMHe was the best keeper I ever saw.

Just been reading how good he was at cricket. Apparently Walter told him to pack it in.

Kankurette

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 02, 2022, 09:40:03 PMMan U had no plans to sign him and just chucked stupid money at him to stop him going to City. Literally every other attacker at the club gets worse on his arrival (could be co-incidental, but I don't think it is), but CR7 Cultists still insisted he was a brilliant signing cos his own numbers are god, and now he'd decided to leave cos it's such a shitshow. A shitshow that he was as much a part of as Maguire or Shaw or Pogba or Solksjaer or "McFred".

And now he flounces out of it and the Cultists still insist its everyone's fault but his.

Hilarious.
RONALADO não jogo for Man United anymore, es clube do disappointment. PSG o clube in America like BEL?

JamesTC

Another PL footballer has been arrested on suspicion of rape. It happened in June in North London. The player is in their late 20s and was expected to be at the World Cup.

king_tubby

shoulders

Yeah I've seen Bielsa and Raphinha themed painted electricity boxes from that irritating wanker Burley Banksy but wondered what's going to happen with that. There's a Gary Speed mural in Bramley but that feels actually earnt. Phillips won't exactly become a club legend for Leeds will he?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Wonderful Butternut on July 02, 2022, 09:40:03 PMMan U had no plans to sign him and just chucked stupid money at him to stop him going to City. Literally every other attacker at the club gets worse on his arrival (could be co-incidental, but I don't think it is)
Hmm. Can't say I pin the blame for Ronaldo on Martial being a sulky git (he has been for at least five years, and only had one season of anything close to living up to his potential), Rashford losing form (he's always been patchy) and Greenwood deciding to be a total piece of shit.

I'm totally non-plussed about Ronaldo leaving - if he wants to go, let him - and I agree he was signed for PR rather than footballing reasons. But there were plenty of bigger slapped arses in the squad - though at least a couple have thankfully gone now.

king_tubby

Quote from: shoulders on July 04, 2022, 06:13:19 PMirritating wanker Burley Banksy

That guy is such a chode. What I find incredibly amusing is the artists in Kirkstall and Meanwood who are doing the same thing but are actually artistic.

dontpaintyourteeth

Arsenal transfer window looking pretty good, which probably means they will shit the bed as soon as the season starts

Joe Oakes

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 04, 2022, 07:34:38 PMArsenal transfer window looking pretty good, which probably means they will shit the bed as soon as the season starts

They didn't even make it that far.

dontpaintyourteeth

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: shoulders on July 04, 2022, 06:13:19 PMYeah I've seen Bielsa and Raphinha themed painted electricity boxes from that irritating wanker Burley Banksy but wondered what's going to happen with that. There's a Gary Speed mural in Bramley but that feels actually earnt. Phillips won't exactly become a club legend for Leeds will he?

Nowt will happen to them they satisfied a period in out history that was preceeded by darkness. It won't be the first or last time we've let a leeds legend or english international go. Once in, never out...fair play to the boy..a journeyman under the detritus managers but a worldie under Bielsa...he'll come home eventually

..Batty did. I want Kalvin to win the lot. Leeds fans want the same. It won't he awkward, we are playing the long game too.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: shoulders on July 04, 2022, 06:13:19 PMYeah I've seen Bielsa and Raphinha themed painted electricity boxes from that irritating wanker Burley Banksy but wondered what's going to happen with that. There's a Gary Speed mural in Bramley but that feels actually earnt. Phillips won't exactly become a club legend for Leeds will he?

That whole mural program was a commission by the club and the arsehole from roc clothing, Jay Z's brand. He'll do well but he's no Radebe, no Yeboah, no Speedo, no O'Leary starting 11.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: JamesTC on July 04, 2022, 05:43:13 PMAnother PL footballer has been arrested on suspicion of rape. It happened in June in North London. The player is in their late 20s and was expected to be at the World Cup.

Not a Scotland player then, silver lining.