Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:59:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fuck me PS5s are scarce aren't they

Started by Clownbaby, April 16, 2022, 04:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

I mean, I knew about the chip shortages and scalpers and that a while ago, didn't really pay that much attention because I didn't have the money for one anyway.
 I saved up in dribs and drabs, finally had the money and figured all that might've blown over but ooohhhh no. Plus the clashing advice I get from people I know. Two of which work at the same Game store- one said you're able to pre-order or be put on a waiting list. The other said you can't pre-order them at all and there is no waiting list. ??? Someone else said you can register an interest in a PS5 through EE if that's your network, so I did that I guess.

No real point to this thread, just whining about how I can't get a PS5. Those of you who have one, how'd you manage? Was it not as hard to get your foot in the door when they'd just come out or was it worse?

QDRPHNC

Are you following any of those twitter profile that alert you when stock hits somewhere?

Clownbaby

Quote from: QDRPHNC on April 16, 2022, 04:40:40 PMAre you following any of those twitter profile that alert you when stock hits somewhere?

I don't have Twitter but I should maybe set it up just for this.

I have also been wondering if I should maybe just keep the money aside, put the PS5 on a back burner until production improves but who knows when that could be? Some people say late 2022, others 2023, who knows

QDRPHNC

checkoutgirl

You could probably get a PS4 for a couple of bucks. How is the PS5 that much better? I'd bet the PS4 games are pretty great.

Mister Six

I'm just sticking with the PS4 for the next couple of years, at least. Been snapping up some fantastic older games for about $5 a pop and they'll tide me over until then, and it's not like there are many decent PS5 exclusives at the mo anyway. Not fussed about dropping $500 on a hard-to-get console just so I can have ray-traced reflections in the Spider-Man game that plays just fine on my PS4 anyway.

Clownbaby

Yeah. It's not really like anyone's really missing out not getting one for the time being, but the state of the roll out since it was first announced has me wondering when - or if - they'll ever be something you can just search, find in stock, and buy just like that without having to faff about at weird times of day in an online queue to evade scalpers. Can't be arsed with that.

Marner and Me

Due to dullards losing some storage of mine my PS4 went missing. I was scouring FB market place, disk edition with a CoD game up for sale for £500, I asked him what his best price was, he said £480. Bearing in mind any other PS5 on there is £600+ I said I'll be round at 6.

Crenners

Yeah, PS5 is great.

Demon's Souls
GT7
Returnal

These justified the purchase for me. There's other exclusive stuff I'm not fussed about.

Edit:

There's no point discussing any of this.

Mister Six

Quote from: Crenners on April 16, 2022, 06:25:19 PMIn addition, all the upgraded versions of the best PS4 games (besides Bloodborne). If you want to play a lot of excellent PS4 games at 60fps with improved lighting and textures and higher resolutions, rather than 30fps at 1080p, then it's really nice. You will notice the difference and it's impossible to go back.

If you value that stuff. Maybe my eyes are just shit, or I played on my Spectrum a bit too long before my parents could afford an Amiga, but I'm not really bothered. Played a fair bit on my mate's PS5 and went back to my 30fps, 1080p PS4 just fine. Plus, I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Yakuza 4, a game that first came out on the PS3, so it's not like there's a next-gen version of that I can get into anyway. I'll have a PS5 by the time the first PS5-only Yakuza game (9?) comes out though.

Crenners

Yep. Whatever works for the individual. PS5 is objectively better but doesn't mean it's the best choice for everyone.