Support CaB

Subscribers don't see this.

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 02, 2022, 05:41:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Guppy

Quote from: Vroomo on May 27, 2022, 02:01:00 PM

Where to start Graham?  Where. To. Fucking. start.
Has he tried
(he'll love this)
Has he tried turning it off
(he'll fucking love this)
Has he tried turning it off and
(this is too good oh my god)
Has he tried BEING LESS OF A CUNT

phes

Still can't get over him celebrating 'Netflix have fired all their woke staff' for his birthday. It's just everything that's absolutely fucked about his mind in one sentence. It's speculation, just garbage journalism. If what he speculated was true then it means a number of minority groups assigned to minority projects got fired for ideological reasons. And he'd be happy with that direction, because that includes trans people.

Looking back through the timeline of one of these people who was sacked (May 17th) and you can see it obviously included a lot of young and minority employees

https://mobile.twitter.com/ReginaEKim?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Imagine celebrating for your birthday that a young Asian journalist writing about K-Dramas has been fired. 

Ex_GC

Netflix laid people off because they have lost and are losing subscribers. Pure propaganda to say they fired them for being "too woke" and it's propaganda that the Glincels have repeated

phantom_power

They will say anything to further their cause, whether they believe it or not. Has Glinner and his friends mentioned the fake news that he recent school shooter was a cross dresser? Lots of Fox News pundits in America blamed that rather than guns before they realised it wasn't true

Quote from: phantom_power on May 27, 2022, 02:46:31 PMThey will say anything to further their cause, whether they believe it or not. Has Glinner and his friends mentioned the fake news that he recent school shooter was a cross dresser? Lots of Fox News pundits in America blamed that rather than guns before they realised it wasn't true

I think they were distracted by the fake After Life bench story at that time.


somersetchris

Quote from: buttgammon on May 27, 2022, 11:10:22 AMI should add that the Irish Times is a nasty paper that often indulges in transphobic scaremongering, often turning itself into an ugly pastiche of the Torygraph and Sunday Times.

I did wonder what they meant by this: "There can sometimes be a lazy equivalence drawn between both sides, but the anti-rationalism and anti-enlightenment position of the far right is also visible on the extremes of the progressive left"

Is it though?




Ex_GC

He thinks that defending Ricky Gervais will catch his attention. Cute

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

"Mutilating and sterilising children" oh good another fucking liar telling lies while Glinner sucks turds out of his hole

mjwilson

Quote from: Ex_GC on May 27, 2022, 02:42:38 PMNetflix laid people off because they have lost and are losing subscribers. Pure propaganda to say they fired them for being "too woke" and it's propaganda that the Glincels have repeated

They got rid of their Tudum group which had apparently hired a group of talented writers who were disproportionately women and people of colour, from what I can make out.

Ex_GC

"The news comes as Netflix shed $54 billion in market value in one day last week, the day after it reported disappointing Q1 2022 earnings. Investors collectively were taken aback by the company's surprise admission of slowing growth and discouraged by the long lead time and lack of clarity around potential solutions."

Yep, the main point is that they didn't (or so it appears) fire them for being "too woke" as GL and the Glincels have speculated

QDRPHNC

I heard Dave and Ricky actually did the firings personally.

Ex_GC

Sorry, not only have they speculated, they have presented them being fired for being "too woke" as fact

They honestly believe the world revolves around their obsession


Cold Meat Platter


Quote from: Ex_GC on May 27, 2022, 03:52:28 PMHe thinks that defending Ricky Gervais will catch his attention. Cute

James Dreyfus does the same, tags Gervais in a lot of tweets. Just because Gervais liked a couple where Dreyfus was fawning over him. Feeding his ego.

He also posted a pic recently when he had lunch with a bunch of other actors, it was giving "I HAVE FRIENDS" energy despite the photo being of them all talking and not smiling at the camera.

phes

Dreyfus is a vicious unfunny bar-clearing prick who does a good line in see my cute puppy

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 27, 2022, 03:34:16 PM

Is this the first time The Wingcel in Chief has appeared in the Sordid Grief Hole? I know glinner has mentioned him in the past but I think this is the first time he's copy pasted one of his screeds. Also only people I can see using the term "sexual racist" are the transphobes saying that the evil TRAS will call them that because they're transphobes and a Daily Mail article claiming Stonewall said it, so probably a lie.


phes

Quote from: Pimhole on May 27, 2022, 05:26:31 PMWhat does this mean?

He's likes to post nasty transphobic trash cushioned with images of very cute puppy/s

Pimhole

Quote from: phes on May 27, 2022, 05:28:29 PMHe's likes to post nasty transphobic trash cushioned with images of very cute puppy/s

Oh I seeee. I thought it was maybe a party trick.

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 27, 2022, 05:26:05 PMAlso only people I can see using the term "sexual racist" are the transphobes saying that the evil TRAS will call them that because they're transphobes and a Daily Mail article claiming Stonewall said it, so probably a lie.


They've extrapolated "sexual racist" from this comment about the cotton ceiling workshop I think.


Ferris

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 27, 2022, 03:34:16 PM

Often when I submit a comment, I take copy of it and send it to graham linehan to publish in case it gets pre-moderated. What else would I do, deprive the world of my "below the line" righteousness?!

I see the timeline has shifted, but by 2027 it will be over and the (not at all sinister sounding) "Inquiries" will be underway. Who will operate them, and in what jurisdiction, and under what authority? Doesn't matter don't think about trifling details like how the world works, just make vague threats under some mid-tier comedian's blog and bask in how right that makes you.

To put reality to one side for a second, in 5 years time graham will be pushing 60 and have wasted a decade of his life on this. Even if it happens exactly as he wants (it won't), will that have been worth it? Only he can say.

damien

Interesting that the date for the great awakening is officially set for five years from now.

mtpromises

Karen Davis found BC's barber and said 'give me the glinner'.

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 27, 2022, 05:26:05 PMIs this the first time The Wingcel in Chief has appeared in the Sordid Grief Hole? I know glinner has mentioned him in the past but I think this is the first time he's copy pasted one of his screeds. Also only people I can see using the term "sexual racist" are the transphobes saying that the evil TRAS will call them that because they're transphobes and a Daily Mail article claiming Stonewall said it, so probably a lie.

The fact such a vile, hateful, failure of a man like Campbell ended up wielding some degree of actual political influence still freaks my nut out to this day.

ishantbekeepingit

New Bananacast:
Nothing really new, apart from alleged approaches from "financiers" and "a West End theatre".  Plenty of the usual egomania, though.

Quote from: Ferris on May 27, 2022, 06:24:01 PMI see the timeline has shifted, but by 2027 it will be over and the (not at all sinister sounding) "Inquiries" will be underway. Who will operate them, and in what jurisdiction, and under what authority?



No one expects the Glinnish Inquisition