Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

2001 build of Duke Nukem Forever leaked

Started by popcorn, May 10, 2022, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Was never a huge fan of Duke 3D, even as a kid, but that 2001 Duke Nukem Forever trailer was special. I still think it looks bold, fun and imaginative, and there's a strange crispness/crunchiness to the graphics and visual style that still looks good, imo. Way better than the bland bulging Xboxiness of the final game.

Anyway, a build of that version has leaked. PC Gamer report here. Inevitably it's unfinished and crap. I find this kind of thing so fascinating, one of the miracles of the internet age.

popcorn

The leak contains a remake of the first level of Duke Nukem 3D, for some reason.

At around the two-minute mark Duke catches fire, panics, gets his dick out and pisses on the ground. Then at the end it turns into Twin Peaks.

Lemming

The visuals are practically screaming "Max Payne"! Except dark as fuck.

The combat does look a bit naff and unimpactful in the usual early-ish 3D way. The remake of Hollywood Holocaust is interesting, it might just be the slow way the person in the video is playing, but it feels so much more... I dunno, flat, than the Build original.

Mister Six

Quote from: popcorn on May 10, 2022, 03:35:52 PMThen at the end it turns into Twin Peaks.

I thought you were being funny, but no, it really does.

Wonderful Butternut

Look is very dated to the early 2000s. And that weapon selection overlay would get tiresome real fast.

Probably still better than Duke Nukem Forever though.