Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:40:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

EA Sports FC

Started by Beagle 2, May 10, 2022, 10:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Linky...

What an incredibly shit name. I guess it's because of this:

Quote"At the moment, we engage in play as a primary form of interactive experience. Soon, watching and creating content are going to be equally as important for fans,"

So they'll turn it into some sort of season pass you're part of a club make some obnoxious content and stream your bantz wank.

It's okay though, because FIFA are working on some stuff. Yeah, got a feeeew irons in the fire, couple of little projects up their sleeve don't you worry about them they're gonna be FINE mate FINE.

QuoteFifa president Gianni Infantino said, "I can assure you that the only authentic, real game that has the Fifa name will be the best one available for gamers and football fans. The Fifa name is the only global, original title. Fifa 23, Fifa 24, Fifa 25 and Fifa 26, and so on - the constant is the Fifa name and it will remain forever and remain THE BEST".

They're in such trouble.

Football video games are in a terrible old state. Very stale, no choice. I don't know what it is, hit on a fun game mechanic like Rocket League and you're away. But nobody seems to be able to do them any more. Not that FIFA isn't always fine. Meh.

jamiefairlie

Purely about licensing costs. FIFA were asking so much it made it pointless for EA to make it, not worth the investment.

Proactive

Just have a red and blue team, randomly generated players' faces and concentrate on just making the best game possible. Never understood the fuss about having the licences, proper names, likenesses and such what are you, a fucking baby? Waaaaah, mummy I want to be Giggsy.

Ham Bap

I find the gameplay on Fifa games terrible. Unplayable. I've tried with recent ones.
The latest one is 'free' on PS Plus this month. Cant even be bothered to download it for free.

EA make an absolute fortune from Ultimate Team, suppose thats why they dont change the gameplay that much or try to make single gameplay modes good, all about funneling everyone to buying packs and coins etc.

Can understand why EA binned Fifa off though, they wanted £1bn for the licence for 4 years. Think they also wanted to limit how it was monitised with packs etc.
Its the only real football game left on the market. PES is largely finished.

People will still refer to future EA football games as Fifa, why pay £1bn..

shoulders

I hope they are buried underground

Buried underground i say

Bury them under ground

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Ham Bap on May 16, 2022, 12:27:46 PMPeople will still refer to future EA football games as Fifa, why pay £1bn..
One would assume FIFA will be looking for a new partner, though. Also, does that mean all the EA teams will have to be fake?

The Guppy

Fifa don't own football. EA won't be able to use the World Cup, but they still have rights to pretty much everything else.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 16, 2022, 09:01:39 PMOne would assume FIFA will be looking for a new partner, though. Also, does that mean all the EA teams will have to be fake?
A couple of years ago, I bought Pro Evo and it had a few licensed "real" teams, like Man United and Bayern, but you could download some patch somebody made that replaced all the "fake" teams/kits/player names with the real ones. Presumably EA are banking on their fanbase doing something similar.

I did download Fifa '22 a couple of weeks ago but have yet not been arsed to bother with it. Isn't it all online/microtransaction driven these days?

bgmnts

EA have been incapable of making a good football fame for a long time, it is all just a vehicle to rinse as many people as possible and prey on addictive behaviours, even by greedy corporate standards EA have  excelled themselves.

If they just focused on making a good, fun football game to play without the licenses, that would be great.

Might open up lots of new possibilities even. Maybe make a Red Card style game or a role-playing type footie game or whatever.

Mobius

FIFA is alright if you just play single player/career mode isn't it? I play a few games a week against the computer. Never bothered with FUT or any of that shit. The gameplay isn't as satisfying as the old Pro Evo's admittedly.

The Guppy

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on May 16, 2022, 09:56:59 PMA couple of years ago, I bought Pro Evo and it had a few licensed "real" teams, like Man United and Bayern, but you could download some patch somebody made that replaced all the "fake" teams/kits/player names with the real ones. Presumably EA are banking on their fanbase doing something similar.
They won't need to. EA will keep paying UEFA, Premier League, all them foreign leagues, etc.

There'll probably be a patch to change the "EA Global Cup" into the World Cup.

Quote from: Mobius on May 16, 2022, 10:12:43 PMFIFA is alright if you just play single player/career mode isn't it? I play a few games a week against the computer. Never bothered with FUT or any of that shit. The gameplay isn't as satisfying as the old Pro Evo's admittedly.
I stopped buying it after it stopped being isometric. Last time I played it (probably a decade ago) it felt sluggish to me. I suppose it needs to be so the animation looks realistic.

Football games peaked with SWOS and it's all fucked now.

Mobius

Yeah that's fair, I wouldn't say it's a particularly accurate representation of a football match. But it reminds me a bit of wrestling games, really hard to make it seem real. Like there should be players moving all over the pitch, shouting and that. It all feels static unless you're the guy on the ball. Commentary is absolute dogshit because in real life commentators just talk about unrelated stuff, whereas the game is so robotic.

I like the idea of FIFA's monopoly breaking and more football games competing, much like Football Manager there needs to be some innovation. But it's just gonna be gaming behemoth Vs soulless corporation, and we'll probably get 2 piles of shit from it.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mobius on May 16, 2022, 10:12:43 PMFIFA is alright if you just play single player/career mode isn't it? I play a few games a week against the computer. Never bothered with FUT or any of that shit. The gameplay isn't as satisfying as the old Pro Evo's admittedly.

For me personally it's shit. There was a decent period about 10 years ago where it seemed to actually improve technically but the past few years have been dogshit in terms of how it feels to play, at least to me. Fifa 21 hit the nadir by feeling like a poor rip off of PES.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The Guppy on May 16, 2022, 09:16:30 PMFifa don't own football. EA won't be able to use the World Cup, but they still have rights to pretty much everything else.
I assumed all the major footballing bodies negotiated as a bloc, not that FIFA owned football.