Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Trouble Shooter - some content only on Hard+ and silliness

Started by seepage, May 15, 2022, 08:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seepage

In Trouble Shooter, some bosses only appear on Hard difficulty or higher. They might only be a another boss with a different skin, but they still have their own dialogue and cutscene. Is it strange that people playing on a lower difficulty will not see them, or is that a feature of some other games?

Also, the main protagonist now has 'Raging Wind' and 'Extreme Wind' and can inflict 'The Curse of Wind' on their enemies. And of course I've named my crime-fighting team 'The Bullshitters'.

Famous Mortimer

Closest thing I can think of (which isn't very close, but I'm rubbish at games) is the way the ending of Max Payne 2 is significantly different if you beat it on the hardest difficulty.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you mean "troubleshooter" - https://store.steampowered.com/app/470310/TROUBLESHOOTER_Abandoned_Children/

"Trouble shooter" is this - http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/trouble-shooter/

I've not played either, but yeah, it's pretty common.

I've seen reviews of shmups before complaining that most people will never see the hidden stages or true last boss because they're not skilled enough to pull off the requirements.

I think that's insane. The whole point of those things is that they're your reward for putting in the effort and mastering the game.

I'm all for games having lower difficulty modes, but complaining that "I've paid my money, all the content should be spoon-fed to me"
Nar, I don't agree.

seepage

^ yes, I mean first one, the 2020 tactical RPG. Sometimes they spell it with with a space and sometimes without.