Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I really struggle with Mario Kart 8

Started by madhair60, May 17, 2022, 12:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: chocolate teapot on May 19, 2022, 12:41:10 AMthe dlc that was announced? that was released in March I think.

We have it, but after purchase the tracks are released gradually, at the same time, to everyone who has paid for the dlc. The dates aren't announced in advance. I wonder if someone who's "dad works for Nintendo" can tell me something.

chocolate teapot

Kelvin

Quote from: curiousoranges on May 19, 2022, 06:48:23 PMWe have it, but after purchase the tracks are released gradually, at the same time, to everyone who has paid for the dlc. The dates aren't announced in advance. I wonder if someone who's "dad works for Nintendo" can tell me something.

I think the most likely answer is that it will be announced at their next Direct, presumably in the summer. I assume they'll use the Mario Kart updates like they used the Smash Bros reveals, opening Directs, etc. They have two years to spread them over, as well, so every 3 or so months seems likely. 

FredNurke

Quote from: madhair60 on May 17, 2022, 12:58:50 PMlike last place every single time online... and in single player I was doing OK until someone told me I had some kind of auto-steering baby mode on.

Bugger me, that's why I couldn't steer off the course!
Now turned off, and the races are much more fun as a result.

Kelvin

The game defaulting the auto-steering (and auto accelerate) to on is one of the most egregious examples of Nintendo's hand-holding I can think of. Even when you turn it off for player 1, it still default to it being on for every additional player in local multiplayer, even after you turn it off for them. You have to turn it off every time they play.

Wow! I don't remember it being like that on the wii-u.

Ferris

I think it was the opposite on Wii? Maybe a load of cry babies like madhair got Nintendo to change it.

Kelvin

Quote from: ImmaculateClump on May 19, 2022, 09:04:36 PMWow! I don't remember it being like that on the wii-u.

It wasn't, I don't think. My memory is that it was changed for the Switch port.

Bearing in mind it's now (by far) the best selling game on Switch and apparently in the top 10 selling videogames of all time, I wonder what percentage of people don't even realise they're playing it with the autosteering and auto-accelerate on? I wouldn't be surprised if it's well over half tbh, its not flagged up at all.

Jerzy Bondov

MK8. Rosalina. City Tripper moped. You will not beat me.

Ferris

Real Gs know the mushroom boost blue shell dodge manoeuvre.

Kelvin

Two of my fave Mario Kart 8 videos:

1) You don't need to watch the whole thing, just the last minute or so. It's basically a 1 v 1 competition over several levels, the guy on the left vs a guy you cant see (but audible). It came down to the final race, and then the most Mario Kart thing ever happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWcy0CGveaM&t=717s

2) I know I basically do nothing but post Dunkey videos these days, but god I love that guy. Probably helps to watch the whole video with this one, because the last minute and twenty seconds is one of the funniest edits (and payoffs) I've ever seen, period. I watch it all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3o_ZKWi-OU