Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Smashing free gift!

Started by Glebe, July 05, 2022, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

There's a smashing free gift* available with this week's Glebe Comic! Reserve your copy with your local newsagent now! Only 25p!

NEXT ISSUE AVAILABLE THURSDAY 7TH OF JULY 1982.

*Free gift not available outside UK.

Replies From View

Ok I have no intention of purchasing this wretched comic.  If anyone gets hold of the free gift please share a video of it in action.

Glebe

Glebe

Plus free Adam Ant poster! Inside!

Replies From View

That's a poster of a Rubik's Snake.  You've had your tireman's lift let out

Glebe

Plus! Exclusive pics of Nik Kershaw as he prepares for his new BBC interview!

Replies From View

So exclusive that they can't be seen unless you fork out for the issues

I know this process.  You can't con me

Anyone got a YouTube channel with the free gift up in arms?

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on July 05, 2022, 03:38:10 PMSo exclusive that they can't be seen unless you fork out for the issues

I know this process.  You can't con me

Anyone got a YouTube channel with the free gift up in arms?

What's YouTube? This is 1982!

Replies From View

I want to see the free gift being cartelled

DAILYMOTION OR VIMEO WILL DO FINE AS WELL

Poobum

If it's anything like the prizes that come with Glebe Crispies then I'm in!

Ray Travez

Quote from: Glebe on July 05, 2022, 12:07:25 PMPlus free Adam Ant poster! Inside!

Squeeee! He's so dreamy!

jenna appleseed

Great news, Glebe's Comic is merging with Buster!

Glebe

Free spinner! Plus the lyrics to Howard Jones 'What is Love?'

And of course another cracking cartoon adventure with Syd & Eddie!

Replies From View

oh it's a free spinner

that's all I fuckin wanted to know.  you were so vague last time, minimising the tempting potential of your free gift

Glebe

The gift was 'TBA' (that's 'To Be Announced' for you common uneducated oiks) at the time. YOUR SMASHING FREE SPINNER IS NOT AVAILABLE TO MALAYSIAN READERS.

Replies From View

in Malaysia do they get those paper hat things that CRACK/BANG when you slam them downwards through the air

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2022, 11:58:13 AMin Malaysia do they get those paper hat things that CRACK/BANG when you slam them downwards through the air

Those are outlawed under UK safety laws in the UK.

But there IS a smashing free Boy George poster - only with this week's Buster & Glebe - two mirth-filled comics for the  price of one!

ALSO: Kartoon Kapers with the Krankies!

Replies From View

Your Malaysian readers will be able to fold that Boy George poster into a cracking banging thing

Glebe

Quote from: Replies From View on July 06, 2022, 12:11:01 PMYour Malaysian readers will be able to fold that Boy George poster into a cracking banging thing

Boy George poster not available in Malaysia (meaning that the two cartoons on either side of the centre pages are also missing from your copies).

Replies From View

Why are you skimping on Malaysian content?  They are starving out there you know.

Glebe

Malaysia is outside Her Majesty's borders. Due to issues we cannot unfortunately ship our spinners or other smashing free gifts out there!

We are sorry that the spinner is unavailable to you in Malaysia, Replies. But we're sending you a smashing Glebe fan club badge to compensate!

But you will not be able to enjoy next week's smashing Ian Rush frisbee - only in next week's copy! Ask your newsagent to reserve your copy today!

Brundle-Fly

I hope Ken Reid drew my celebrity caricature idea for the back page monster, I could do with a £5 postal order right now.

wosl

Quote from: Glebe on July 06, 2022, 12:08:54 PMtwo mirth-filled comics for the  price of one!
Any chance of half a comic for the price of none?  It doesn't have to have much smashing in it

Replies From View

Used to be the case that a comic of this dubious calibre would freely donate at least one issue to keen readers of 'good home & garden advice'