Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Possible to add smilies on this forum?

Started by Stigdu, July 06, 2022, 03:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigdu

I wondered whether it was possible to have smilies so people can like, LOL, sad face etc. Or is that not possible/too time consuming with the forum software?

Poobum

Alberon

Emojis are too small.

I will be adding this to all amusing japery that I post from now on.

Buelligan

The Mollusk

My dog just died. Feel like I lost my best friend and now totally alone, no idea what to do with myself. Can't stop looking at his bed and thinking I'll never see him there having his twitchy leg dreams ever again.

Zero Gravitas

Lowers the tone a little don't you think?

Buelligan

I know someone who occasionally appends one of the crying with laughter emojis to their missives.  Fuck me, I actually like them and yet... and yet...

I mean, what kind of person does that?

kittens

interesting idea Stingdu - I'll look in to it!/

BritishHobo

Bit of nostalgia for the first forums I joined in the early noughties, loads of smilies, gaudy multicoloured signatures full of gifs and images, n every1 typin lyk dis 4 sum reson

poo

Blumf

imitationleather

Neville Chamberlain

You're lucky you can even use exclamation marks on this forum.

earl_sleek

Quote from: Stigdu on July 06, 2022, 03:00:35 PMI wondered whether it was possible to have smilies so people can like, LOL, sad face etc.

Reported.

hamfist

Back in the 90s we did it with punctuation

:-) is a smiley face
:-( is a sad face

during the war we did it with morse code

-.- -.-

———————

is a face

-.- -.-
   -
——————-

is hitler's face

JamesTC

Stigdu

I suspect I worded my question badly.

I mean, so you can see the numbers of people who 'agree', 'like' your posts, or to get in the spirit of this forum, 'think you're a bit of a c**t' rather than just putting smilies in the text.

JamesTC

Captain Z

While we're suggesting ideas, it would also be lovely if the ignore function could reduce the 'box' of associated posts to either just a single line of "show ignored content", or even better just nuke associated posts/threads entirely. Another forum I use does this well, you just get a tiny "unhide ignored content" at the very foot of any affected page. Appreciate that it's potentially a lot of work.

Buelligan

Quote from: Stigdu on July 06, 2022, 05:11:40 PMI suspect I worded my question badly.

I mean, so you can see the numbers of people who 'agree', 'like' your posts, or to get in the spirit of this forum, 'think you're a bit of a c**t' rather than just putting smilies in the text.

Why would one wish to know how many people think you're a cunt? 

If absolutely necessary, if a definitive, exact, number was required, why not start a thread (as long as it's purely focused on oneself, we can't have bullying)?  We even have a poll-making facility to help with counting.  Nothing could be easier.

Pink Gregory

appreciate you're just trying to genuinely get involved but...no.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Stigdu on July 06, 2022, 05:11:40 PMI suspect I worded my question badly.

We used to have this thing called karma where you were given an allocation of  points per day to give out as positive or negative karma to a posters.

It did not end well.

Alberon

No, I wasn't given nearly enough as I deserved.

Crenners

You can only add smilies when you are awarded the privilege for years of service.