Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:30:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2022 - Quarter-Final Draw!

Started by Famous Mortimer, July 07, 2022, 07:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Due to dropping out, I thought it best to promote two highest-scoring losers, so we have more of a QF draw.

@DoesNotFollow (wildcard) vs. @QDRPHNC

@TheGingerAlien vs. @touchingcloth

@Al Tha Funkee Homosapien (wildcard) vs. @Spoon of Ploff

@Mr Farenheit - BYE

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 07, 2022, 07:39:38 PMDue to dropping out, I thought it best to promote two highest-scoring losers, so we have a full QF draw.
Absolutely right and proper. Looking forward to the quarter final!

Ferris

Famous Mortimer

Sorry about all this, but we've had quite a few people drop out so I've had to tweak the QF again (I accidentally included Mr Trouser, who said they're unable to continue). Hope it's acceptable!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 07, 2022, 07:43:06 PMI want to see cloth destroyed.

Meet me round by the bins later, yeah, big boy?

touchingcloth

@Famous Mortimer the BYE was @QDRPHNC but they stepped into one or both of the Glebes' places, no? Are we to expect one or both or half of a Glebe?

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 07, 2022, 07:43:28 PMSorry about all this, but we've had quite a few people drop out so I've had to tweak the QF again (I accidentally included Mr Trouser, who said they're unable to continue). Hope it's acceptable!
Next highest loser maybe?

touchingcloth

Maybe a series of increasingly bitter grudge matches between me and Ferris. WimbleWrong as blood sport. We're both left stranded on a desert island and have to sneak up on each other with a copy of CorelDRAW.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on July 07, 2022, 10:15:40 PMNext highest loser maybe?
actually nvm, the other losing players didn't make it into double digits

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 07, 2022, 10:33:14 PMMaybe a series of increasingly bitter grudge matches between me and Ferris. WimbleWrong as blood sport. We're both left stranded on a desert island and have to sneak up on each other with a copy of CorelDRAW.

You fucking wish. It's only my actual job that is limiting the number of death threats I'm PMing.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 07, 2022, 08:22:49 PM@Famous Mortimer the BYE was @QDRPHNC but they stepped into one or both of the Glebes' places, no? Are we to expect one or both or half of a Glebe?
Mr Farenheit replaced a Glebe, I believe. This is every first round winner (minus Dr Trouser, who dropped out) plus the two highest scoring losers. I hope that's what I did, anyway.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 07, 2022, 10:54:52 PMYou fucking wish. It's only my actual job that is limiting the number of death threats I'm PMing.

I will look for you. I will find you, and I will photoshop Ron's face onto a dildo you.

Ferris

touchingcloth

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 07, 2022, 10:57:11 PMMr Farenheit replaced a Glebe, I believe. This is every first round winner (minus Dr Trouser, who dropped out) plus the two highest scoring losers. I hope that's what I did, anyway.

The draw has Mr F playing BYE, but didn't BYE go bye bye already when subbing in to play against Poirot's?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 07, 2022, 11:11:15 PMgonna tell barry on you

He's PMd me to say he's going to turn you to baked beans.

Ferris

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 07, 2022, 11:14:33 PMThe draw has Mr F playing BYE, but didn't BYE go bye bye already when subbing in to play against Poirot's?
BYE is a weak player, it's true

touchingcloth

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Can I not serve as I'm accidently on holiday in France so would do better with going second? If not I can bang something out on the iPad whilst pissed out of my head on cheap plonk.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 08, 2022, 07:55:12 PMCan I not serve as I'm accidently on holiday in France so would do better with going second? If not I can bang something out on the iPad whilst pissed out of my head on cheap plonk.
If @Spoon of Ploff agrees, sure!

Spoon of Ploff

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 08, 2022, 08:03:09 PMIf @Spoon of Ploff agrees, sure!

Would have been nice not to serve twice in a row, but sure, whatever, enjoy France yeah, must be nice to have a holiday, have a great old time yeah... tell you what... i'll take all my allotted 72 hours to play a shot shall i? give you a nice long rest before you have to trouble yourself with the return of serve yeah..? its all good.. no really, couldn't be happier for you

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 08, 2022, 09:11:49 PMWould have been nice not to serve twice in a row, but sure, whatever, enjoy France yeah, must be nice to have a holiday, have a great old time yeah... tell you what... i'll take all my allotted 72 hours to play a shot shall i? give you a nice long rest before you have to trouble yourself with the return of serve yeah..? its all good.. no really, couldn't be happier for you

Thanks hun.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 07, 2022, 07:39:38 PM@DoesNotFollow (wildcard) vs. @QDRPHNC

It's been four days since I posted this. I'm not sure how this is treated - is it a double forfeit?

selectivememory

I would say that it's up to the server to play the first shot, so I wouldn't penalize QDRPHNC for it. If @DoesNotFollow isn't playing, maybe @QDRPHNC could take on @Mr Farenheit instead? Then you'd have three matches, with one high-scoring loser to qualify for the next round

Famous Mortimer

Sounds good, although given one of the 2nd round games has already finished, I'm not sure how everyone would feel. But, what say you, @QDRPHNC and @Mr Farenheit ?

QDRPHNC

touchingcloth

Mr Farenheit

Well I'm not very happy about having to actually play a full round. So far I get byes or my opponent has to drop out. I had assumed this would happen all the way to the final... apparently not?

Yeah, no problems to step in but im tied up with work trips for the next three days. It might be Saturday until I have a serve