Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:14:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblewrong 2022 - Quarter-Final Draw!

Started by Famous Mortimer, July 07, 2022, 07:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoesNotFollow

Apologies I didn't really read this thread after I lost the vote in the first round, plus I've been busy. I'm afraid I am out for good this year.

Ferris

My grassroots "Campaign To Restore Ferris" has officially launched!

Ferris

If you only count the legal votes, I won! By a lot!

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 12, 2022, 03:25:30 PMIf you only count the legal votes, I won! By a lot!

I won't believe this result until your attorney announces it outside a garden centre.

Ferris

The silly dickhead got distracted by the dildo shop next store. When he's finished in there, he'll come out and explain it all. Mark my words.

Spoon of Ploff

touchingcloth

It's an absolute shambles. I think I've probably won with @Ferris as a runner up even though I was clearly beaten in the latest round by @TheGingerAlien who I reckon is a solid third.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 14, 2022, 10:38:39 AMIt's an absolute shambles. I think I've probably won with @Ferris as a runner up even though I was clearly beaten in the latest round by @TheGingerAlien who I reckon is a solid third.

cloth

TheGingerAlien

I hope @Famous Mortimer is alright. Might play some more shots for the hell of it. And yes I am a "solid turd".

Famous Mortimer

Sorry all, I sliced my hand open on a stanley knife and typing has been a bit of a pain. And I'm lazy. I guess as the replacement game hasn't been started either, do I call another forfeit?

Famous Mortimer

It looks like we're only going to get two quarter-final games, so...would the winners of the two matches we've actually had be prepared to face @Mr Farenheit in a three-way final?

Spoon of Ploff

time to come down on these lollygaggers like a ton of bricks say i.

QDRPHNC

This is a nightmare. A living nightmare.

selectivememory

Mr F said it might take him until Saturday to post his serve:

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 12, 2022, 01:46:18 AMYeah, no problems to step in but im tied up with work trips for the next three days. It might be Saturday until I have a serve

Still waiting for Al to post his return to Ploff. I think in the circumstances I'd give them both a bit more time, otherwise you'll only have one completed match in this round. Just depends how patient everyone is feeling! Understandable if people want to get on with it though.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: selectivememory on July 14, 2022, 03:00:32 PMMr F said it might take him until Saturday to post his serve:

Still waiting for Al to post his return to Ploff. I think in the circumstances I'd give them both a bit more time, otherwise you'll only have one completed match in this round. Just depends how patient everyone is feeling! Understandable if people want to get on with it though.
Dammit, I missed that one. Sorry Mr F. And @QDRPHNC .

I don't have any horse in this race, so however the remaining people want to do it is fine with me.

Spoon of Ploff

people living their lives.. what has the world come to?

TheGingerAlien

It's the fucking AI, it's already won!

Happy to wait to get my arse handed to me though.

FM: Hope your Stanley injury sorts itself out. I've done that and it's absolutely horrid. So much blood, urghh

Famous Mortimer

I'm just hoping my scar is long and interesting.

Mr Farenheit

I like the idea of a tooled up umpire. @Famous Mortimer bringing some much-needed toughness to the tournament, I certainly won't be questioning any decision!

Yeah, I'm still in for the match with QDRPHNC. I have an idea for my serve but it's likely to be Saturday if that's ok.

Ferris

Just get on with it. Get on with it!!

Edit: sorry that was meant for brexit thread.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 14, 2022, 04:20:27 PMI like the idea of a tooled up umpire

I like the idea of a ref who

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 14, 2022, 03:02:10 PMdon't have any horse in this race

and players who are

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 12, 2022, 01:46:18 AMtied up with work trips for the next three days

or

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on July 08, 2022, 07:55:12 PMaccidently on holiday

or

Quote from: Spoon of Ploff on July 14, 2022, 03:02:27 PMliving their lives

The actual Wimbledon, the footie, the Olympics are - what - 2 weeks apiece? I think people would chill the fuck out and the Brit supporters would get less of a reputation if matches were more moveable feasts. The Olympics could still be going on by the next Olympics if they were run more like WW, and the world would be the better for it. Did you see Tovill and Dean still skating a bolero 38 years later? Magic.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on July 14, 2022, 04:20:27 PMYeah, I'm still in for the match with QDRPHNC. I have an idea for my serve but it's likely to be Saturday if that's ok.

ok wirth me

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ferris on July 14, 2022, 04:28:09 PMJust get on with it. Get on with it!!

Edit: sorry that was meant for brexit thread.

Bobby Fischer used to play himself at chess. Garth Keenan Top Trumpsed against a dummy hand. Ronalado probably did keepy uppies between his many rapes, or during them when he was feeling cocky.

What I'm saying is, why haven't you kicked off Ferris vs. Ferris yet?

Ferris

Because I'd easily win. No challenge in it.