Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:35:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vampire Survivors - the Cheapest Addiction of the Year

Started by brat-sampson, October 23, 2022, 09:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Playing this again as it's one of the free games on Gamepass Core. I love it, although I do often fall asleep playing it if I'm tired.

I never look up guides and such, so I'm quite shit at it and enjoy muddling through. Finally cleared a map today after trying for so long, on and off.

Barry Admin

How's this game so meditative and calming? Just happened again. Admittedly I'm tired but I was nodding off at 1 minute 49 seconds into a run. Then closed my eyes enough to end the run at 8 minutes.

Barry Admin

Wow I got a map now. I did so well today when I didn't fall asleep.

Kelvin

The game's pretty great at giving you regular upgrades (like the map), which make subsequent runs easier. If you keep plugging away, you'll keep making progress, which is possibly part of the reason it feels very low-stress, despite the number of enemies. 

I think it was the second level, where I first maxed out a bunch of weapons, that the game really clicked for me.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on November 30, 2023, 06:38:09 PMHow's this game so meditative and calming? Just happened again. Admittedly I'm tired but I was nodding off at 1 minute 49 seconds into a run. Then closed my eyes enough to end the run at 8 minutes.

this is called being bored.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Kelvin on December 01, 2023, 03:12:37 AMThe game's pretty great at giving you regular upgrades (like the map), which make subsequent runs easier. If you keep plugging away, you'll keep making progress, which is possibly part of the reason it feels very low-stress, despite the number of enemies. 

I think it was the second level, where I first maxed out a bunch of weapons, that the game really clicked for me.

This is what put me off in the end. It quickly becomes clear that you don't actually get better, just more stuff gets unlocked. It just gets easier.