Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:55:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2024

Started by Tiggles, January 17, 2024, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Tiggles on March 01, 2024, 07:14:28 PMNot at all, but it was the first time something had been sent to junk for me so just wanted to flag that had happened. And if he's announcing show dates early next week, I did think people might want a heads up on that given that it can sometimes be difficult to get tickets.

Fair enough, sorry for being arsey.

TheMonk

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on March 01, 2024, 06:50:12 PMDo we really need to just repost stuff that's sent to the DK mailing list?
If this was a thread titled "[Insert name of any other comedian] 2024" I'd see your point.

pmousse

Bolton Octagon have emailed members today with dates for July, 7th & 8th.

Feel like this is entirely down to me as I replied to a recent DK mailshot where he asked for suggestions of venues in the round and I suggested the Octagon & the new Shakespeare in the north place in Prescott.

itf

Quote from: pmousse on March 05, 2024, 02:59:01 PMBolton Octagon have emailed members today with dates for July, 7th & 8th.

Feel like this is entirely down to me as I replied to a recent DK mailshot where he asked for suggestions of venues in the round and I suggested the Octagon & the new Shakespeare in the north place in Prescott.

I feel personally slighted by this as I also suggested the Octagon and he's gone and booked the day after I go to the States for a fortnight.

itf

Bit odd that the Bolton date isn't even in the email he just sent, I shall endeavour to get across to Prescot

pmousse

Glad he's doing Prescot, it's a nice new theatre. The Prescot dates are difficult for me with other things on around then so will stick to the Octagon dates, assuming I'm not just imagining it all.

Tiggles

He did say that there's a couple to be added but as Bolton Octagon goes on general sale tomorrow at 9am let's take our breaks while we can.

cakeinmilk

Ah, seems Bolton was a simple omission!

Got a ticket for Brighton on the 12th March. I will continue to enjoy tracking the changes.

Tiggles

Does anyone know how to make the code work for Bolton? I think I'm being simple but it seems to want me to log in as a member.

pmousse

Quote from: Tiggles on March 05, 2024, 06:20:29 PMDoes anyone know how to make the code work for Bolton? I think I'm being simple but it seems to want me to log in as a member.

Create an account and login with it. Should let you enter the code from the email then.

Just tried it & worked for me but already have tickets as partner is a member. Not many Sunday night tickets left. Am a bit puzzled as the available seats are arranged as horseshoe rather than round. Wonder if maybe the remaining bit goes on sale tomorrow otherwise defeats the purpose of wanting a venue in the round.

Tiggles

Quote from: pmousse on March 05, 2024, 07:41:53 PMCreate an account and login with it. Should let you enter the code from the email then.

This worked for me, thank you so much! Tickets selling well for Monday night too. I wondered why it was 3/4 as well, might be that he's only using 3 sections to keep the numbers down to the level he feels works best for the show.

paddy72

Tickets booked for Monday show at Bolton. Maybe see some CaBbers there.

Gurke and Hare

Jesus, sold out already. Who knew Bolton was so cultured?

itf

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 06, 2024, 09:24:07 AMJesus, sold out already. Who knew Bolton was so cultured?

Maybe he'll open up the fourth segment? Either way, really pleased to see this succeed both for a nice local theatre and as it means maybe he'll come there again. Will have to be on my toes when Prescot goes on sale I gusss.

itf

More seats showing for Bolton

mjwilson

Gurke and Hare

Just booked for the Monday, although it says limited tickets are left for the Sunday there's nothing showing when I click through.

TheAssassin

Has Daniel quite TV work?  Just read on Reddit that as a direct result of his dealings with Peter Kay, he quit TV.

metaltax

Quote from: TheAssassin on March 06, 2024, 05:17:56 PMHas Daniel quite TV work?  Just read on Reddit that as a direct result of his dealings with Peter Kay, he quit TV.

I don't know about "quit". I think it's more that he just doesn't do TV. He was never really a TV person before Phoenix Nights was he?

TheAssassin

Quote from: metaltax on March 06, 2024, 05:29:35 PMI don't know about "quit". I think it's more that he just doesn't do TV. He was never really a TV person before Phoenix Nights was he?

I won't look it up, but I had seen him somewhere before I saw him on Phoenix Nights, just can't place where.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: TheAssassin on March 06, 2024, 05:32:53 PMI won't look it up, but I had seen him somewhere before I saw him on Phoenix Nights, just can't place where.

The episode of That Peter Kay Thing that he was in?

iamcoop

He regrets doing Phoenix Nights I think. I've certainly heard him say so in some interview before.

He'll never do TV again and why would/should he? He earns bank doing exactly as he pleases, and can presumably still go down the shops without being noticed whilst simultaneously selling out almost everything he puts on in a matter of minutes.

TheAssassin

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 06, 2024, 05:36:39 PMThe episode of That Peter Kay Thing that he was in?

Come on, I meant outside of the PK world.

I genuinely believe I saw someone in real life often that DK has a similarity to. 

Tiggles

Quote from: TheAssassin on March 07, 2024, 03:48:12 AMCome on, I meant outside of the PK world.

I genuinely believe I saw someone in real life often that DK has a similarity to. 

I mean I don't know who you saw. but give his name a Google on YouTube. You'll see Phoenix Nights, That Peter Kay Thing, a bit part as a bus driver in a 2001 film and some grainy footage of him being both shit and brilliant on Blockbusters when he was at school. That's yer lot of Kitson doing TV.

He has said he was hoping that A Show For Christmas might get picked up by BBC4 or something. But I can't see him doing any telly unless it's on his terms, which is pretty hard to do.

holyzombiejesus

He would be the best Taskmaster contestant ever but it's not going to happen.

SteveDave

Every time I've seen him do work-in-progress shows in the last couple of years he's complained about having no money. If he didn't hate podcasts as much as he does he could be making Elis James money.

Pranet

Quote from: Tiggles on March 07, 2024, 08:16:05 AMI mean I don't know who you saw. but give his name a Google on YouTube. You'll see Phoenix Nights, That Peter Kay Thing, a bit part as a bus driver in a 2001 film and some grainy footage of him being both shit and brilliant on Blockbusters when he was at school. That's yer lot of Kitson doing TV.

There's a couple of bits of him from Australian tv but basically yes.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Tiggles on March 07, 2024, 08:16:05 AMa bit part as a bus driver in a 2001 film

Holy shit this looks amazing. It's got a cast of thousands - who knew he'd worked with Anna Wing and Ricky?

Only TV stuff other than a voice role (apparently credited as K Bomb) is Phoenix Nights and TPKT.

Any cabbers at Lancaster tonight?

Well bloody sod yers then...

Boss show, some lovely casting, tickets for Prescot on sale soon