Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 10:55:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

10 years since this slag

Started by Dex Sawash, February 24, 2024, 10:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butchers Blind

The CaB silver jubilee this year. Check local listings for street parties in your area.

flotemysost

In terms of time actually spent logged in, 64 days I've been posting online with CaBbers (CaBbers, who the fuck are CaBbers)

...but that's not counting the intermittent lurking I did in between finding this place around 2011/20212-ish, and finally getting over the fact I don't really have anything useful/intelligent to add and joining the fray anyway (I think registrations were closed for a while during that time as well, iirc).

Quote from: Butchers Blind on February 25, 2024, 09:58:28 AMThe CaB silver jubilee this year. Check local listings for street parties in your area.

We should invent some sort of commemorative dish, à la Coronation Chicken and that quiche or pie or whatever it was for the King that everyone's forgotten about already. Maybe some sort of concoction incorporating a geriatric tinned pie, helichocter, egginafuckingchip, and some disappointing mince pies.

SetToStun

Quote from: flotemysost on February 25, 2024, 05:06:27 PMWe should invent some sort of commemorative dish, à la Coronation Chicken and that quiche or pie or whatever it was for the King that everyone's forgotten about already. Maybe some sort of concoction incorporating a geriatric tinned pie, helichocter, egginafuckingchip, and some disappointing mince pies.

If you don't have tinned chicken, no one will come.

Ferris

Quote from: flotemysost on February 25, 2024, 05:06:27 PMthat quiche or pie or whatever it was for the King that everyone's forgotten about already

Imagine thinking "what's gonna really connect with the public, meet them where they're at, but also create something iconic and new that'll last the ages" and coming up with a fucking quiche.

The writing was on the wall.

I'd have done something dead easy that's actually nice like honey on toast or lamb bhoona. Get the shitmunchers on board.

flotemysost

Quote from: SetToStun on February 25, 2024, 05:24:24 PMIf you don't have tinned chicken, no one will come.

Ah yeah, that's the one! In my mind it was a Fray Bentos pie for some reason, but an enitre tinned chicken is somehow infinitely better. Brings added depth to the satisfied twinkle of the chap's expression and his wife's mild trepidation.

Consignia

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 24, 2024, 11:33:47 PMWanton abuse of what I think is still a gold member perk, the worse offenders:

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth1058d 22h 26m
mook974d 23h 56m
selectivememory965d 22h 0m
Old Nehamkin950d 19h 7m
imitationleather897d 22h 14m
Blumf889d 16h 16m
biggytitbo861d 4h 14m
Zetetic825d 6h 48m
Replies From View789d 1h 58m
Consignia758d 5h 42m

I used to be much higher, but I'm Evertoning my way out of this league.