Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:16:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any cis males here ever had the random desire to cosplay a female character

Started by George White, December 01, 2022, 08:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

has anyone ever made a brum themed sybian

would riding it count as cosplay

does riding the brum themed sybian make someone cyborg or a goddess. how many paragraphs do i have to write to decide this

touchingcloth

Quote from: Stonefish on December 02, 2022, 02:56:40 PMThe dirty little secret women don't want you to know is that their clothes are extremely comfortable and feel great to wear. After trying it my own clothes felt like wearing a hair-shirt in comparison. Pottering around in a maxi dress and leggings had a self-soothing effect on me. I don't have any desire to be a woman but I'm a fan of some of the clothes. I'd happily add some comfortable dresses to my wardrobe and wear them in public if only society would let me!

I suspect that's far less true of the kinds of clothes women feel like they're expected to wear.

One of my partner's most frequent complaints about her comfortable women's clothes and why she goes for the men's versions of the same thing if the cut happens to work for her is that women's clothes rarely have pockets.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 02, 2022, 06:14:30 PMI suspect that's far less true of the kinds of clothes women feel like they're expected to wear.

One of my partner's most frequent complaints about her comfortable women's clothes and why she goes for the men's versions of the same thing if the cut happens to work for her is that women's clothes rarely have pockets.

Exactly, and the deforming torture of high heels, fucking hell.

Sebastian Cobb

wouldn't mind cosplaying as Linda Fiorentino's character in The Last Seduction. Reckon it'd be fun.

touchingcloth

Quote from: jamiefairlie on December 02, 2022, 06:18:26 PMExactly, and the deforming torture of high heels, fucking hell.

I think if you work in customer service, banking, policing etc. heels are fair enough. Simple, smart, practical.

Lemming

Quote from: Stonefish on December 02, 2022, 02:56:40 PMCool post and happy for you. When you say you started doing it daily a few years ago was this something you gave a go during lockdown or some other reason that made you take the plunge?
It was around 2018 I think, definitely pre-lockdown. Standard story: I had the archetypal "definitely going to grow up to be gay" childhood. Grandad used to show us old music in a "here's the REAL DEAL, not like that SHITE they make nowadays" kind of way, and I decided at about age five that I was going to be Diana Ross when I grew up. Not like Diana Ross, but actually literally Diana Ross - the exact mechanics of how I was to change race, sex, skeletal structure, and acquire a world-class singing voice hadn't quite been hashed out in my mind, nor had what would become of the real Diana's consciousness as it was replaced with my own, but apparently at age four I'd been convinced I'd grow up to be a pterodactyl so Ms Ross was at least a step closer to reality.

Typical stuff - always picking the female character in videogames, Lara Croft being my role model (odd because she's a murderous bastard), and also the classic of insisting on being Miss Scarlet in Cluedo despite my uncle's heroic attempts to get me to be the more masculine and high-testosterone Colonel Mustard. Me and my cousin would also recreate the video for Tina Turner's "The Best", and I relished the opportunity to put on my mum's dress and pretend to be Tina. Sadly, due to my cousin's domineering insistence that she get to be Tina, I was typically relegated to being the horse, or worse, Edgar Winter - A Child Called It levels of abuse by anyone's standards.

Before crossdressing, I'd grown a beard (really through laziness rather than choice) and shaved my head and every time I looked in the mirror I recoiled in a "eugh, look at the state of that cunt - oh no, that cunt is me!" kind of way. One of my best friends is a butch lesbian (I mention this because she obviously had experience being gender nonconforming) and I routinely complained about this to her, and she kept saying "do something about it then you dickhead". Around the same time I saw John Maclean on YouTube, a Scottish guy who looks and sounds like a centuries-old vampire, and although I'm about 1% as good-looking as him I thought "piece of piss mate, I could do that". Went from BEARD BASTARD to TRANSVESTITE PRICK within the space of about twelve hours. Family and friends had stopped noticing or caring after about a week, and the response was uniformly positive (even from trusted friends who could be relied on to say "TAKE THAT FUCKING LIPSTICK OFF YOU GROTESQUE FAT BASTARD" if it looked shit) so it just became routine.

The one and only challenge has been the journey into cock-tucking. Skirts are not designed with men in mind, and when you're hung like a racehorse as I am, the socially unacceptable bulge is an ever-present concern. Gorilla Tape advertises itself as being "for the toughest jobs on planet Earth", and keeping my jumbo cock held down definitely qualifies, but it was basically totally ineffective bar an unintended Brazilian waxing. Tight knob-strangling underwear may be the best bet, but it makes you walk like a cowboy who's shit his pants, so there's serious tradeoffs either way.

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 02, 2022, 06:39:43 PMI think if you work in customer service, banking, policing etc. heels are fair enough. Simple, smart, practical.
Though they look ace, they do completely fuck your feet into oblivion. You can look up the effects to see that it causes serious muscle-fuckage in the calves and deforms you to the point where you basically have to keep wearing heels to prevent your muscles straining to adopt a normal stance, no doubt by design.

Stonefish

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 02, 2022, 06:14:30 PMI suspect that's far less true of the kinds of clothes women feel like they're expected to wear.

I was definitely selecting for comfort and I think good quality material is crucial too so the shite clothes I used to buy back then weren't helping things. With you on the pockets although my partner is finding more and more decent clothes with generous pockets so maybe that is changing.

Stonefish

Quote from: Lemming on December 02, 2022, 07:09:53 PMBefore crossdressing, I'd grown a beard (really through laziness rather than choice) and shaved my head and every time I looked in the mirror I recoiled in a "eugh, look at the state of that cunt - oh no, that cunt is me!" kind of way. One of my best friends is a butch lesbian (I mention this because she obviously had experience being gender nonconforming) and I routinely complained about this to her, and she kept saying "do something about it then you dickhead". Around the same time I saw John Maclean on YouTube, a Scottish guy who looks and sounds like a centuries-old vampire, and although I'm about 1% as good-looking as him I thought "piece of piss mate, I could do that". Went from BEARD BASTARD to TRANSVESTITE PRICK within the space of about twelve hours. Family and friends had stopped noticing or caring after about a week, and the response was uniformly positive (even from trusted friends who could be relied on to say "TAKE THAT FUCKING LIPSTICK OFF YOU GROTESQUE FAT BASTARD" if it looked shit) so it just became routine.

Great that you had a supportive friend like that to give you the push. Glad you made the jump and you seem like you have a thick skin too in terms of getting any bother about it too. Although there's no way you're getting any sympathy from me for having a massive cock!*

*it does sound like a bit of a hassle though.

Blue Jam

My mother wore pointy-toed stillettoes every day for werk and they really deformed her feet. That always really put me off. That and the fact that I can't walk in them. I wear running trainers with nice bouncy soles, they're not glam but when you have a non-sedentary job it's just nice to end the day and be able to walk to the bus stop free from pain. I'm not tall and heels are very flattering but the pain just isn't worth it.

I've checked out a lot of cosplay efforts for the Breaking Bad universe and I have noted that Saul Goodman is a surprisingly popular choice for female cosplayers. I don't know if that's because Better Call Saul has more female fans or because it's just easier for women to find lairy suits and shirts in charity shops. It figures- bright shirt and suit, long hair in a wide side parting, job's a good'un.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 02, 2022, 06:14:30 PMOne of my partner's most frequent complaints about her comfortable women's clothes and why she goes for the men's versions of the same thing if the cut happens to work for her is that women's clothes rarely have pockets.

Yes pockets.  My other half is always going on about the lack them.

Red Macadam

Quote from: jamiefairlie on December 02, 2022, 05:38:46 AMAh, so it was you!

It was! It still is! Being one of the few non-balds in this neck of the woods, I'm now inspired to grow my hair long and lustrous and ringletty, and smothered in Clairol 'Building Site Crushed Brick'

My 40 a day smoking habit means I can't scream anymore, but a couple of those whistle key finders attached to a Stylophone ought to do the trick.

Red Macadam

Quote from: JamesTC on December 02, 2022, 10:04:03 AMI want to cosplay as The Rani cosplaying as Mel in Doctor Who.

I can understand this urge, and fully support it. If you need any shoulder pads or support stockings, I'm your man.

Red Macadam

@Lemming

Sorry, I'm a fucking idiot and still can't do quotes and replies properly.
I love your story about Diana Ross, thanks.

Many years ago I had a friend from Sierra Leone. She'd come to live in England as a refugee. One of my happiest memories is of the two us walking though Oxford, singing Supremes songs. We had a pretend argument about which one of us was more suited to being Diana Ross. I was insistent I should be because I looked more like her than A***** did. Me, a skinny white English boy. We laughed so much and sang more. It was wonderful.

I just wanted to thank you for reminding me of this.

Dex Sawash

Wish I had discovered how comfortable spandex-y women's jeans are when skinny jeans were first in fashion. I could have seized them as permanent style then but it is too late to start now.
Wife thinks I look stupid in jeggings and asks me not to wear them when we go places together and she is correct but fuck me they are comfortable and don't require constant tending to so they don't fall off. I've got some Levis ones that have massive front pockets that go all the way across in the front as some sort of tummy smoothing feature or something.

I reckon this is really more for dressing like Noel Fielding for comfort/convenience reasons thread.

Stupid over-thick hard weave men's jeans can FRO forever.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 03, 2022, 01:38:39 PMWife thinks I look stupid in jeggings and asks me not to wear them when we go places together and she is correct but fuck me they are comfortable and don't require constant tending to so they don't fall off. I've got some Levis ones that have massive front pockets that go all the way across in the front as some sort of tummy smoothing feature or something.

Okay, that's it, I'm a reactionary now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blue Jam on December 02, 2022, 08:24:41 PMMy mother wore pointy-toed stillettoes every day for werk and they really deformed her feet. That always really put me off. That and the fact that I can't walk in them. I wear running trainers with nice bouncy soles, they're not glam but when you have a non-sedentary job it's just nice to end the day and be able to walk to the bus stop free from pain. I'm not tall and heels are very flattering but the pain just isn't worth it.

I've checked out a lot of cosplay efforts for the Breaking Bad universe and I have noted that Saul Goodman is a surprisingly popular choice for female cosplayers. I don't know if that's because Better Call Saul has more female fans or because it's just easier for women to find lairy suits and shirts in charity shops. It figures- bright shirt and suit, long hair in a wide side parting, job's a good'un.

Don't think it was work as she was a nurse and I think they were probably more into sensible shoes for safety reasons (could well be wrong on this) but she's had bunions for as long as I can remember that she refuses to get anything done with as she reckons the removal is worse.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 03, 2022, 01:38:39 PMWish I had discovered how comfortable spandex-y women's jeans are when skinny jeans were first in fashion. I could have seized them as permanent style then but it is too late to start now.
Wife thinks I look stupid in jeggings and asks me not to wear them when we go places together and she is correct but fuck me they are comfortable and don't require constant tending to so they don't fall off. I've got some Levis ones that have massive front pockets that go all the way across in the front as some sort of tummy smoothing feature or something.

I reckon this is really more for dressing like Noel Fielding for comfort/convenience reasons thread.

Stupid over-thick hard weave men's jeans can FRO forever.
Fielding has found the secret of dressing like a 40-something housewife in big sweaters, skinnies, and boots. Skinny stretch jeans are comfy, but baggy jeans can also be very comfy. Just avoid stiff tight denim, or anything whose concept of straight legs involves matchstick men (rather than something shaped like the wings of a biplane which is fine).

Stonefish

Sebastian Cobb

Not really the same thing, but when I get a train from the commuter town my parents live in, back to where I live, I like to pretend I'm Jimmy Somerville.

Mister Six

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Stonefish on December 02, 2022, 02:56:40 PMBack when I lived in Wales I was in a relationship with someone who liked to paint my nails almost every night and got a kick out of me wearing some of her stuff.

Same here. (Except the bit about Wales. I wouldn't go that far)

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 03, 2022, 04:50:34 PMNot really the same thing, but when I get a train from the commuter town my parents live in, back to where I live, I like to pretend I'm Jimmy Somerville.

I do a similar thing when I'm  leaving Widnes but I have to pretend I'm Paul Simon.

badaids

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on December 03, 2022, 04:50:34 PMNot really the same thing, but when I get a train from the commuter town my parents live in, back to where I live, I like to pretend I'm Jimmy Somerville.

That bit has always bothered me. Who, apart from Jimmy Somerville, bites an apple and then offers it to someone else?

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: Stonefish on December 02, 2022, 02:56:40 PMBack when I lived in Wales I was in a relationship with someone who liked to paint my nails almost every night and got a kick out of me wearing some of her stuff.
think ive done this to everyone ive ever been friendly with

Dr Rock

Quote from: badaids on December 04, 2022, 11:01:46 AMThat bit has always bothered me. Who, apart from Jimmy Somerville, bites an apple and then offers it to someone else?

Eve?

Terry Torpid

"Cosplay" sounds very American to me. Surely we already have the term "fancy dress"?

Anyway, during lockdown I went a bit mad and ordered some women's clothes and shoes and a wig, and had a bit of a dress-up and wanked myself silly. I looked better as a woman than I do as a man, but not at all convincing. You know the way terfs are always accusing transwomen of being "autogynephiles", that they're not really women, they're just perverts who get a kick out of it? Obviously that's a horrible and wrong thing to say, but I reckon that's what I am. It's strange to recognise myself Wouldn't dare wearing anything feminine out of the house.

There's a twitch streamer called Finnster who dresses us up as an egirl for a laugh. He does it full-time now, but doesn't actually identify as a woman. Not even LGBT. Doesn't even try to do a girly voice. His fans want him to be trans (his housemate is a trans woman, so he knows all about it), but he's claims to be a completely straight man who just likes dresses and nails etc. I think he's gorgeous, and I fancy him in girl mode, even though I'm also straight. What is the name for this kind of thing?

It's a funny old world, and the whole gender and sexuality spectrum is very funny indeed.

Replies From View

Hot water bottles wear little costumes don't they.  Haven't used one for years though.