Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:05:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump Superspreading Event

Started by JamesTC, July 25, 2021, 05:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

QuoteMinisters 'fear coronavirus could be spread by farting in a confined space'

Some UK Government ministers have privately expressed concerns that coronavirus could be spread through farting, it is claimed.

They have pointed to evidence that suggests Covid-19 could be spread when an infected person breaks wind in a confined space such as a toilet.

Tests have revealed that the virus can be present in faecal matter, though the science on whether flatulence could spread Covid is not definitive.

One minister, who wasn't named, told the Telegraph that they had read "credible-looking stuff on it" from other countries, and there had been evidence of a "genomical-linked tracing connection between two individuals from a [lavatory] cubicle in Australia".

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ministers-fear-coronavirus-could-spread-24609803

jobotic

That's why I wear pants and trousers.

Psybro

I'm not wearing an arse-muzzle they can go to hell

JamesTC

A load of anti-pantsers smelling each other's farts.

BlodwynPig

No doubt that sets the agenda for my working week, cheers JamesTC.

jobotic

Quote from: Psybro on July 25, 2021, 05:15:24 PM
I'm not wearing an arse-muzzle they can go to hell

So selfish. I don't wear pants and trousers to protect myself, but to protect others. From gasping for air.

Mr Trumpet

Laurence Fox roaming the streets, demanding strangers let off in his face to prove his manliness

H-O-W-L

I'm pretty sure that all the fecal bacteria (which is cataclysmically, woefully small really) produced by farting is retained by your pants and trousers. So unless you've got a thing for having people fart bare-arsed into your face I really doubt it's that catastrophic. If a basic cloth mask can massively produced exhaled particulate surely two layers of arseguard is like wearing a fucking chemgrade respirator on your bottom bung bumpipe?

Dex Sawash

If you can smell it, doesn't that mean you are inhaling particles? Or are farts more like light, just energy waves or something?

Sebastian Cobb

'wear a cork' campaign on its way.

This could be my lifeline to not having to go back to the office. Might try the advice a physics teacher told me that I never tried out, apparently knocking back a pack of refreshers in one go gives you 'terrific wind'.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth