Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,205
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:11:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Chart Music Podcast 2 (Man Sound) - ITS PIPOU TIME!

Started by dr beat, August 11, 2020, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

Listening to the stuff on Mike Read's the Heritage Chart. It sounds astonishing. Anyone ever seen it?
AFAIK The youngest person on the Heritage Chart is Lonnie Donegan's 37 year old son.

Ohh 1990, a bit of a mid point between eras that, should be interesting.

If Sarah doesn't correct Taylor about something I'll be amazed.

HAVANAGILA

A great host pairing, a band I've been waiting to hear covered/coated down for ages, half the songs I can hear in my head already and
Spoiler alert
A NEW YEAR!!
[close]

Plus another epic runtime. Pop music let's go!!!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Very few things lift my spirits more than a newly dropped episode of Chart Music. Thanks, Al! But how am I supposed to get any work done this weekend? One adapts, one supposes.

1:26:30 Andrew Collins on 'Fame 90', fucking hell.

Epic Bisto

No spoilers, but as I chose not to read the description either, when it hits THAT moment with THAT act I squealed and rubbed my hands together with glee waiting for Sarah Bee & Rakim Parkes to discuss.  All that before Al's recital.

Also, I'm really surprised that anyone else out there knew what the 'Mull Of Kintyre test' was.

George White

Found the KPM Britpop compilation on Spotify  Taylor speaks about.
Pure Poundland Polly rammel. https://open.spotify.com/track/1yL1PEFWHHdbnwo6jShN7t

I'm two hours in (I definitely won't get any work done today) and just laughed at Taylor quoting Al's description of Mike Smith handing over to Simon Mayo on Radio One: "Like Peter Davison regenerating into Peter Davison."

Spoiler alert
Taylor on the Bannister reforms of Radio 1

"See you later, pig masturbator
In a while, paedophile"
[close]

Spoiler alert
Al investigating the tit-wanking toy.
[close]

"AL NEEDHAM has written about sex and relationships for Scarlet , Cosmopolitan , Maxim , and Penthouse . He is a founding member of Todger Talk, the world's most popular male sex advice blog, and regularly appears as an expert on television sex programs."

https://ottawa.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S26C545644

justin_bennett

TOTP episode here if you want to get up to speed before hammering it.  Cannot fucking wait to get stuck in.

gilbertharding

Quote from: justin_bennett on June 18, 2022, 06:33:53 PMTOTP episode here if you want to get up to speed before hammering it.  Cannot fucking wait to get stuck in.

JUSTIN FUCKING BENNETT!!

Insomnia, lads, so imagine my delight upon remembering that I still had three hours of this to listen to.

Spoiler alert
Actually shouted "YES!" when Mayo introduced Primal Scream. Al, Taylor and Sarah's assessment of Gillespie, pop's silliest man, didn't disappoint.
[close]

DrGreggles

They echoed my thoughts precisely on that song/performance/man.

Taylor revealed that the man in question was also a

Spoiler alert
sexual harasser.
[close]

DrGreggles

I do love it when, after TP spends 20 minutes slagging someone off, he says "I quite like this record though".

Norton Canes

Oh, so close. Genuinely thought they were going to pop their '92 cherry this time round.

What we thought

Do they score the CYPHER GRAPHICS? If so I might give it a listen.

shiftwork2

I knew
Spoiler alert
Candy Flip
[close]
were going to be sent packing rather quickly but I didn't know it would be with five words:

Spoiler alert
Like The Beatles on acid.
[close]

famethrowa

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 19, 2022, 09:48:34 AMI do love it when, after TP spends 20 minutes slagging someone off, he says "I quite like this record though".

My favourite bit of Taylor schtick, after a good solid slagoff: "but also, there's a downside..."

non capisco

Al's bang accurate description of Bobby Gillespie as looking like
Spoiler alert
Justin Bennett from Grange Hill in a 'heroin screws you up' advert
[close]
just got me gooooood. Love how much Taylor enjoyed that one as well.

SteveDave

Nice to hear Taylor endures the Rockonteurs podcast too. I've created a new game where you have to guess at what time in the podcast will Guy Pratt mention that he was in the band Icehouse.

boki

Very pleasingly frequent use of the phrase 'Custard gannet' this time around, plenty of contenders for next month's charts, too.

shiftwork2

niat

I thought Al's "AirbnB52s" comment in relation to Katie Pierson's holiday rentals deserved a bigger laugh on the pod, it certainly gave me a hearty chuckle.

rilk

Quote from: niat on June 23, 2022, 01:02:19 PMI thought Al's "AirbnB52s" comment in relation to Katie Pierson's holiday rentals deserved a bigger laugh on the pod, it certainly gave me a hearty chuckle.

Definitely one for the chart, along with Sarah's 'Garth Strumpet"

boki

Lads, I think the curiosity's going to get the better of me.

I think I might watch the Heritage Chart Show later.

shiftwork2

Done it already.  Sincerely worth a look despite the Anusol vibe.  The one I saw had Gilbert O'Sullivan in it.

The heritage chart - definitely feasible.

phantom_power

I feel they were somewhat harsh on Inspiral Carpets but I pretty much expected that, and doubt I will get much agreement with me on here either.