Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The best comb over.

Started by darby o chill, May 17, 2021, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darby o chill

Having just seen it in a retro computer clip, I say Sir Clive Sinclair had the best comb over of all time.
Please add on if you have any more great comb overs.

steve98

No-one's gonna beat that. Close the thread.

Video Game Fan 2000

Six pubes 'round a kinder egg capsule.

Video Game Fan 2000

Combover is classic Kinnock: a solution in search of a problem. He had a decent crop of hair left, not like Clive's head like a Barbie doll's buttock, yet somehow worked in some inane two-stage solution to baldness that involved fashioning his hair into a regular male-pattern bald style around the crown, and then did a smaller comb over on top and to the back where it weren't even needed any more and just made him look like he was wearing a minature toupée on top of a prop bald wig that was already a size too small.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I love the idea that Clive had to stare into a mirror every morning and plaster that hair onto his scalp, carefully separating each strand to ensure maximum coverage.

Always admired the Robert Robinson

Captain Z

I have a very vivid memory of a photo of Bobby Charlton (?) displacing his combover with a header, and yet now I cannot find this picture at all. Mandela moment or am I thinking of a different footballer?

idunnosomename

Sir Clive is like a total ledge shagger in case anyone doesn't know

steve98

With that beard he (Sir Clive) essentially has a band of gold that goes all the way round his head (apart from that tiny little gap where his *ahem* side-parting is.) A fit nit could circumnavigate his head, and every day would be a new adventure.

Video Game Fan 2000

Scargill's magical levitating brillo pad.

darby o chill

It really is remarkable. It reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. Some type of WW2 inner helmet or a sports device or something? Let's have a closer look.

Video Game Fan 2000

The best combover is the one you don't even notice. There's probably a beautiful head of hair out there that belongs to someone who wakes up every morning looking like Terry Nutkins.

steve98

Why don't you get a 2-sided comb-over? L to R and R to L ? That's gonna give you twice the thickness  of hair up top. (Yes you'd have a side-parting on each side, but so what?)

darby o chill

Quote from: steve98 on May 18, 2021, 12:26:15 AM
Why don't you get a 2-sided comb-over? L to R and R to L ? That's gonna give you twice the thickness  of hair up top. (Yes you'd have a side-parting on each side, but so what?)

Now that is a great idea Steve. But it's not for us to say. Maybe one of the forum balds can chime in.

bgmnts

Bobby Charlton is the obvious one because his combover would try to leave his head during sweaty football matches. The OP's effort is amazing though.

darby o chill

Ooh that is very good. Yes, the sweat factor must be taken into consideration. It almost looks like someone threw a fish at him. Have any of you had sex with Sir Clive? That would give us an idea of how it looked dripping with sweat. idunnosomename mentioned he was a bit of a shagging ledge, so maybe an ex-girlfriend is reading this and can provide anecdotes or photos.

I would like to thank you all for participating in my comb over discussion.

Captain Z

That's two people who definitely have me on ignore there.

bgmnts

Quote from: Captain Z on May 18, 2021, 12:50:52 AM
That's two people who definitely have me on ignore there.

Oops! Didn't cop that sorry.

darby o chill

Not I Captain Z!! Your excellent suggestion was noted before bgmnts posted it.
As were entries by Video Game Fan 2000, Elderly Sumo Prophecy, Better Midlands & Jasha.
But as Steve pointed out earlier, it was always gonna be a tough one to beat.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: bgmnts on May 18, 2021, 12:30:37 AM
Bobby Charlton is the obvious one because his combover would try to leave his head during sweaty football matches. The OP's effort is amazing though.

"Short back and sides is it then Bobby?"
"Aye. Could you leave it a bit longer on top? I'm growing it out."

Mr Banlon

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Imagine what a combover looks like when you've just woken up, before it's been tamed.

Ferris

You don't see them any more do you? Must have noticed one in the last 4 or 5 years (which, to be fair, was a belter).

zomgmouse

Glebe

Quote from: darby o chill on May 17, 2021, 11:57:30 PM

"Are you enjoying Manic Miner?"

"No Clive, I'm about to rage quit this fucker."

"Ere Clive, look at this geezer's bonce"

"Fackin' bald cunt"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: darby o chill on May 18, 2021, 12:19:56 AM
It really is remarkable. It reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it. Some type of WW2 inner helmet or a sports device or something? Let's have a closer look.

Hang on, that is CaB member kittens, isn't it?

seepage

Not a comb over, but a bloke at work used to wear what looked like a Christmas cracker hat made of hair. Which sort of worked if you were shorter than him and not behind him on a descending escalator.

DrGreggles