Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:36:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nice things that have happened to you

Started by madhair60, May 16, 2022, 12:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Sorry if this is a "things" thread, obviously new threads for big things, but I just thought it might be nice to have a positive little thread until it is inevitably ruined.

Anyway.

- CaB meet was the most enjoyable yet and one of the best weekends of my life in general. Just an absolute treat.

- A magazine I have done some freelance work for has asked me to write the cover feature, a move which suggests that they like my work and is very validating.

That's me, what about you? It can be as small as you like.

robhug

Yesterday, getting a trolly before entering home bargains I could see whoever was there last had failed to chain it up so I gained a shiny £1 coin. I doubt that'll be beaten this year.

bgmnts

Had a dream a few nights ago where a woman said I was sexy.

Taking that.

Mr_Simnock

Everytime I have a meal and enjoy it, that's nice, even if it's just a simple breakfast, or a biscuit while on a walk, something so satisfying and feelgood about it.

shoulders

I escaped from a PoW camp in Basingstoke. They were really nasty to me there! Spotting a weakness in  security during the period staff changed their shifts, I was able to make my escape through a series of maintenance access corridors before shuffling through the ventilation system, sustaining minor burns to my forearms - but a small price to pay for sweet freedom. It got even better soon as I was leaving Basingstoke altogether on a train. Got back home and smacked a whole roast dinner out of my husband, the rancid little twat sets me off - I defy you not to strike him - but you should taste his stuffing.

JamesTC

Fr.Bigley

Was allowed to keep my trainers when robbed at knifepoint.

kittens

pulled back my foreskin and found 4 grains of rice stuck to my bell end

monkfromhavana

Quote from: robhug on May 16, 2022, 12:17:41 PMYesterday, getting a trolly before entering home bargains I could see whoever was there last had failed to chain it up so I gained a shiny £1 coin. I doubt that'll be beaten this year.

Mate, in a trolley I got at Tesco, some employee had left their skeleton coin (Dunno what else to call it) in the hole. I now never have to fish around for a quid at almost any supermarket. Beat that.

monkfromhavana

QDRPHNC

- My kid and his friend made their first piece of electronic music together, and I didn't have to lie when I said it was good.

- Finished the second draft of a script for a short film I'm working on. Doesn't sound like a big deal, but I've been obsessed with writing since I was a young teenager, but for some reason (ADHD, perfectionism, low self-esteem, fear of failure, etc.) never finished anything. It's been very gratifying to see it come together and become something better that I ever thought I could do. Been working on it pretty solidly for about a year now, and it needs at least one more rewrite.

- Woman at the coffee shop realized after I'd paid that she'd run out of large cups, so she gave me a free lemon raspberry scone to make up for it.

- Went for my first run this morning in a year. Only 2.5km, but it was something. Was happy that I didn't have to talk myself into it, just got out of bed and started putting on my running gear.

- My kid and I just finished watching Nivanna the Band the Show, and so yesterday went to Mandarin (a chain of frankly amazing Chinese buffets) in its honour.

Quote from: madhair60 on May 16, 2022, 12:05:50 PM- A magazine I have done some freelance work for has asked me to write the cover feature, a move which suggests that they like my work and is very validating.

Sincere congratulations on this one!

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: JamesTC on May 16, 2022, 12:28:26 PMBank paid me a dividend.

Bank made a mistake last week. In my favour. £200 right in my sky rocket! Nice.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Got my Cardiacs t shirt approvingly recognised by a lad who looked about 10 years younger than me

JamesTC

Quote from: monkfromhavana on May 16, 2022, 12:48:51 PMMate, in a trolley I got at Tesco, some employee had left their skeleton coin (Dunno what else to call it) in the hole. I now never have to fish around for a quid at almost any supermarket. Beat that.

While clearing out an old office in work a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon an old charity box filled with badges and some trolley coins. Now I own one of those trolley coins and I look really charitable despite the fact that not a single penny has entered a grubby child's mitts.

Kelvin

Friend unexpectedly had a pizza and hot wings delivered to my house on Friday, as he knew I was too busy to celebrate my birthday with friends this weekend. I know its only a small thing, but I was quite touched by the gesture, actually. 

pancreas

Quote from: kittens on May 16, 2022, 12:44:36 PMpulled back my foreskin and found 4 grains of rice stuck to my bell end

Ah yes, a small case of the old Knob Risotto.

Pink Gregory

Snaffled four large (I mean LARGE) oranges from Waitrose.

Captain Z

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on May 16, 2022, 12:59:20 PMBank made a mistake last week. In my favour. £200 right in my sky rocket! Nice.

But, unfortunately, you also owe me £330 rent for landing on my hotel.

Joe Qunt

I've taken up a new creative regime, wherein I make – minimum – one beat a day. In the past three days, I've made four beats and I'm very happy with all of them. Even better, my friends have enjoyed them too.

The Mollusk

Congrats on the feature madhair!

Our friend works for an independent jewellery making company and she's handmade our wedding rings. They are beautiful and we couldn't be happier with them. She sent us the invoice the other day and without even mentioning it to us she had slashed about £300 off the total cost. Such a wonderful gesture and we really needed it too since we're paying for the whole wedding ourselves without any loans and could use all the help we can get to cut costs on stuff.

steve98

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 16, 2022, 02:53:08 PMCongrats on the feature madhair!

Our friend works for an independent jewellery making company and she's handmade our wedding rings. They are beautiful and we couldn't be happier with them. She sent us the invoice the other day and without even mentioning it to us she had slashed about £300 off the total cost. Such a wonderful gesture and we really needed it too since we're paying for the whole wedding ourselves without any loans and could use all the help we can get to cut costs on stuff.

O here we go.

Barry Admin

😬 this is "things that have brightened your day" and unfortunately this thread and "things that have fucked you off" are permanently banned topics here now I'm afraid, and have been for 17 years.

These are the original "things threads" which caused GB to grind to a halt, because all the people with thread starting neurosis just stopped trying anymore and would bung absolutely everything positive and negative that ever happened to them in either of those two threads. (And back then I noticed the impact but waited around for the community to realise in order to cause less friction and drama for myself. Please look up the thread "all things must pass' if you don't believe any of this.)

The compromise last time this thread re-emerged was to lock at 10 pages, so I'll do that again with this one. Enjoy til then :-) sorry to be such a pisser, but I can't even follow these threads for very long, so it just ends up locking me out of even more of the content on here.

Thanks.

imitationleather

Had a really great time at Bang Face Weekender the other weekend seeing lots of friends I rarely get to see because I live all tucked up here in the faraway North East. Sometimes I can feel slightly isolated so it was just so great and affirming to have such a quantity of people genuinely pleased to see me.

Also my missus didn't sleep for three entire days and the state she was in was just fucking hilarious.

madhair60

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 16, 2022, 02:53:08 PMCongrats on the feature madhair!

I asked my ex father in law if he wouldn't mind sorting out the wedding car and he looked at me like I'd shat in his hand.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Joe Qunt on May 16, 2022, 01:30:36 PMI've taken up a new creative regime, wherein I make – minimum – one beat a day. In the past three days, I've made four beats and I'm very happy with all of them. Even better, my friends have enjoyed them too.

What's a beat mean in this context?  It sounds like you're performing a version of John Cage's "Drum Solo (As Slow As Possible)".

imitationleather

When I was a teenager I'd frequently make over ten beats per day.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: imitationleather on May 16, 2022, 04:57:16 PMWhen I was a teenager I'd frequently make over ten beats per day.

Mucky bugger

imitationleather

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on May 16, 2022, 05:00:02 PMMucky bugger

Guilty as charged.

Now I'm lucky if it's ten per fortnight. The inspiration has gone right out of my game.