Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:41:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greggs news

Started by poo, July 24, 2015, 10:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Captain Crunch on November 05, 2020, 12:59:44 PM

They are all individually named with an assigned catchphrase.

This one is called Grendy.

His catchphrase is: D'YER WANNA FUKKKIN GOOOOOOO

Icehaven

How come Greggs have stayed open? Are they counting themselves as takeaways?

idunnosomename

kinda want to jsut smash it with my fist so it looks like a woodlouse turning inside out

poo

Thanks looks good 👍👍👍👍

Ray Travez

Quote from: icehaven on November 05, 2020, 01:14:26 PM
How come Greggs have stayed open? Are they counting themselves as takeaways?

I don't know. It struck me as a dumb move to close during the last lockdown, when they didn't have to. Thomas the Baker stayed open, as did Cooplands if I recall.

Some interesting pastry-based shop trivia there.

poo

Greggs have been magnificent since the start of this crisis.

Icehaven

Quote from: Ray Travez on November 05, 2020, 01:48:51 PM
I don't know. It struck me as a dumb move to close during the last lockdown, when they didn't have to. Thomas the Baker stayed open, as did Cooplands if I recall.

Some interesting pastry-based shop trivia there.

The one I walk past on my way to work was open in the mornings when I went back to work in August, but when I pass on the way home at about 4.30 it's already closed. Might be to stop them getting overrun with schoolkids though as it's on a major route home for a few secondary schools.

Shit Good Nose

Our local bakery was open all the way through the last lockdown (I think they were allowed to as a big chunk of their product is bread, so they were considered as an essential shop), but during it their only offerings besides the usual bread and rolls were "basic" biscuits and cakes - shortbread, doughnuts etc, none of your fancy macarons or owt.  They also closed at 2pm every day (which is typically around the time they've always sold out of all the bread and rolls baked that morning).  Looks like they'll be open full hours this time (at least they are today so far...).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Nothing worse than a basic biscuit.

Sebastian Cobb

That looks like it was filled with the contents out the trap of a blocked kitchen sink.

seepage

During a radio interview with an "expert" on "English cuisine" it transpired all he'd actually sampled was a Sunday roast and a Greggs sausage roll. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The way the contents are lurking underneath that grease carapace is almost threatening, almost sinister.

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 05, 2020, 02:49:39 PM
Nothing worse than a basic biscuit.

Flavour - plain.

Quote from: seepage on November 05, 2020, 03:28:20 PM
During a radio interview with an "expert" on "English cuisine" it transpired all he'd actually sampled was a Sunday roast and a Greggs sausage roll. 

Don't Americans LOVE Greggs sausage rolls?

The Mollusk

Quote from: poo on November 05, 2020, 01:50:09 PM
Greggs have been magnificent since the start of this crisis dawn of time.

the

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on November 05, 2020, 04:07:19 PMThe way the contents are lurking underneath that grease carapace is almost threatening, almost sinister.

But enough about your head

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on November 05, 2020, 04:36:48 PM
Don't Americans LOVE Greggs sausage rolls?

I saw an interview with Jake Gylenhaal once, think it might have been on Graham Norton, where he professed a great love for Greggs. He didn't specify any particular products though. He looks like a Cheese & Onion Bake man.

Inspector Norse

Wonderful to live in the modern world where even suspicious-looking pasties can feel comfortable about their sexuality

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on November 05, 2020, 05:13:47 PM
I saw an interview with Jake Gylenhaal once, think it might have been on Graham Norton, where he professed a great love for Greggs. He didn't specify any particular products though. He looks like a Cheese & Onion Bake man.

Meh, I'm a fan myself - I've admitted it on here loads of times.  I am not ashamed.  I too favour the cheese and onion bake.  I could easily take down three or four of those in a sitting.

shiftwork2

I pass a drive-thru Greggs on my way home.  It is now my civic duty to drive through that absolute bastard.

One of the fleeting, absurd moments between my birth and my death.

Rizla

I was saddened today to learn that this magnificent, legendary Greggs, housed in an old 1930s service station in Broxburn, West Lothian, has been demolished and replaced with some sort of modern monstrosity.

Have I shared my theory on the sausage rolls and their weird taste and high popularity on here before? Well, did you know that they use a strictly-proportioned mix of ham, chicken and pork to fill them? Anyway, many years ago I saw a TV programme where some guy was trying to find out what human flesh tasted like, and since cannibalism is illegal, he took a tiny biopsy of his own legmeat and had it spectromorphically analysed and was able to reverse-engineer a taste profile to discover what meat, or meats, it most resembled. And guess what? Yup. Makes you think eh?

the

The flavour of human flesh

?

Profit

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Rizla on November 05, 2020, 05:59:35 PM

I was saddened today to learn that this magnificent, legendary Greggs, housed in an old 1930s service station in Broxburn, West Lothian, has been demolished and replaced with some sort of modern monstrosity.

Have I shared my theory on the sausage rolls and their weird taste and high popularity on here before? Well, did you know that they use a strictly-proportioned mix of ham, chicken and pork to fill them? Anyway, many years ago I saw a TV programme where some guy was trying to find out what human flesh tasted like, and since cannibalism is illegal, he took a tiny biopsy of his own legmeat and had it spectromorphically analysed and was able to reverse-engineer a taste profile to discover what meat, or meats, it most resembled. And guess what? Yup. Makes you think eh?

That photo is terrifying

Ray Travez

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 05, 2020, 03:09:32 PM
That looks like it was filled with the contents out the trap of a blocked kitchen sink.

do the words 'out now' refer to it being freed from the pipe?

"what about all that gunge that was blocking the sink?"

"Oh, it's out now. I put it in a fucking pie!"

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: BlodwynPig on November 05, 2020, 10:39:25 PM
That photo is terrifying
The perspective is really weird, it looks like it's on a hill. I rather like it, though I'm not sure why they need 3 storeys.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

They don't, it's been demolished.

canadagoose

I used to pass that Greggs every time I went to Broxburn. Never went in, though. Maybe I should have.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I like that one of the tags is "Je Ne Greggette Rien".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: canadagoose on November 06, 2020, 12:25:27 PM
I used to pass that Greggs every time I went to Broxburn. Never went in, though. Maybe I should have.

Every time I drove south from Aberdeen I'd tell myself this time I'd try one of those massive bacon sandwiches from The Horn in Perth and every time I'd forget then swear as I passed it, not being arsed to turn around and go back.

Dex Sawash

everything i have ever actually stopped at after passing many times has turned out to be shit