Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I Think You Should Leave season 3

Started by Ron Superior, May 24, 2023, 07:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Premiers on Tuesday. Trailer below. Don't need a trailer, excited as fuck for it.

https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1661432256878051342?t=4zo6NMiOAeTTsbaMsG7Gjg&s=19

Sam's looking fucking hot as hell!

Mister Six

I know 90% of his performances in this are the exact same manic screaming and gesticulation, but he's so fucking funny that I don't mind.

BritishHobo

Fucking YES!!!! I thought this was still months away. Cannot wait to rinse this in an afternoon and then rewatch it about seven hundred times in the coming weeks.

lazyhour

Rewatched series 1 and 2 for the third time a few weeks ago in readiness for this. Nobody can do a strangulated stressy yell like Tim Robinson.

Oosp

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!

Icehaven

Brilliant, thanks for the heads up! If there's anything as good as coffin drops I'll be happy.

centristmelt

Brilliant - I'm so pleased I didn't know when it was going to be released, so I haven't spent months anticipating it.

PlanktonSideburns

Hope its just Connor o Malley and Patti Harrison this time

Succession finale and the new series of ITYSL within 2 days of each other. Santa should've wrapped it when he gave it earrrrly.

Ron Superior

Yeah, with the writer's strike it's a bit of a nightmare keeping on top of what's coming out when. It must kill the creators to not be able to plug the thing they've been working on for so long.

jobotic

I'd never heard of this. Watched the first two of the first series and couldn't stop laughing. Had to watch the Instagram captions one again.

Slapping down some pig shit with these fat fucks.

Brilliant

madhair60

never made me laugh. its just screaming

beanheadmcginty

I found the second series much less funny than the first for some reason, but very much looking forward to this nonetheless.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 24, 2023, 07:49:35 PMPremiers on Tuesday. Trailer below. Don't need a trailer, excited as fuck for it.

https://twitter.com/NetflixIsAJoke/status/1661432256878051342?t=4zo6NMiOAeTTsbaMsG7Gjg&s=19

Sam's looking fucking hot as hell!

When I saw this show a couple of years ago, for some reason it didn't click with me. Then later I felt like I should give it a second chance, it hit me like Limmy did for the first time, i.e instant love

So excited. Using "spread blue butts" to describe people accidentally falling nude out of their coffins, horrifically and repeatedly, in a You've Been Framed style format, is horrendously perfect to me. I can't really explain why. I love it.

Dr Rock

madhair60

Quote from: Goldentony on May 25, 2023, 12:40:52 AMI dont know what to tell ya bud

but it really is just screaming. every sketch punchline is just screaming

SteveDave

Also, I am duty-bound to tell people that there's a sort-of extra "I Think You Should Leave" in "The Characters" series on Netflix.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Madhair is correct. It really is just screaming, every sketch punchline is just screaming. I love it

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 25, 2023, 01:12:49 AMI found the second series much less funny than the first for some reason
Same here, which was a darned shame, because the first stands among my favourite sketch shows of all time. Difficult second album syndrome, perhaps. I think I read that the first series contained lots of sketches he'd been working on for years.

I'll still check out the new series. The lowered expectations might actually help.

madhair60

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on May 25, 2023, 09:36:40 AMMadhair is correct. It really is just screaming, every sketch punchline is just screaming. I love it

i'm gonna give it another go because i'm usually wrong about basically everything

PlanktonSideburns

8 hours later, mads turns up with all the merch, screaming his head off

jobotic

Slurping down some fish piss with these wet chodes

Nothing worse than a total newbie posting their favourite lines from the one episode they've seen.

Dr Rock

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 24, 2023, 09:20:11 PMHope its just Connor o Malley and Patti Harrison this time

MORE PARTY HARDERSON!

Petey Pate

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on May 25, 2023, 09:41:25 AMSame here, which was a darned shame, because the first stands among my favourite sketch shows of all time. Difficult second album syndrome, perhaps. I think I read that the first series contained lots of sketches he'd been working on for years.

Most of the first series was apparently rejected SNL sketches from Tim Robinson's time as a staff writer (and briefly cast member).

I agree that the second series was a step down in quality. The formulaic and repetitive nature of the sketches becomes obvious as the show's format is so rigid. By far the best segment of season two was the courtroom sketch which was an inventive twist on Tim Robinson's standard shtick.

Currency Cat

Maybe it's because I hadn't seen any of it until Season 2 was already out, but I think it's just as strong as season 1 - and looking at the sketches in each, actually a lot of my favourites are from S2. Karl Havoc, sloppy steaks, drivers ed class, Calico Cut pants, courtroom/hat... I could go on.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Dr Rock on May 25, 2023, 11:53:34 AMMORE PARTY HARDERSON!

Everyone else in this show feels like they're desperately trying to keep up with these two

O malley in particular, he's the master of intense shouting, transcends the form - the main bloke from this feels like a deviant art version of Connor o malley

https://youtu.be/gVFiBGtMu94

This was the sort of thing I was hoping for with this show,  not just some shouting, bit of improv, shout, hard cut to the next one

OK ill stop now bye

Hank_Kingsley

Quote from: madhair60 on May 25, 2023, 09:57:31 AMi'm gonna give it another go because i'm usually wrong about basically everything

I went to look at your webcomic to see what sort of punchlines you use but it's blocked on my work laptop for being sexually explicit so I'm going to imagine it's people shouting with their penises and vaginas out.