Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:12:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2023

Started by selectivememory, January 01, 2023, 11:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanjam

Would like that, but Djokovic is gonna beat Sinner in the final, isn't he.

selectivememory

Thought Medvedev had handled the Italian crowd really well during this match, but it's all gone a bit off the rails in the last few minutes. Getting very ratty and picking people out to bicker with.

Sinner very impressive again. Putting on a real serving clinic at times. Don't think he's been broken in this match and he has the break in the final set.

Deanjam

Shame Medvedev fell apart in the third. Seemed to lost his focus after getting broken early. Sinner was looking a little tired at times. Be interesting to see how he goes tomorrow with no day rest.

selectivememory

He'll be hoping Carlos and Novak go almost four hours again like they did in Cincinnati.

Seriously impressed with Sinner actually. Seemed that, apart from Alcaraz, he didn't ever get wins over the top players, but he's had a lot of them in the latter part of this season. Three in a row over Medvedev after losing the first six of their matches. Want to see this from him in the slams next year though.

selectivememory

Second semi a bit of a dud. Alcaraz's season after winning Wimbledon has been a bit underwhelming, relative to what he did in the first half of the year. Maybe just needs a break now.

Have to hope Sinner can keep his level up tomorrow night. Not optimistic though. 

Deanjam

It's actually gonna happen.

Quote from: Deanjam on November 17, 2023, 03:45:01 PMDjokovic is gonna beat Sinner in the final, isn't he.

selectivememory

We are never going to be free of this man.

Deanjam

I hate being right. Completely different Sinner today. Ending on a double fault seems appropriate.

Deanjam

GB lost in Davis Cup. Inevitable after Draper lost the opener. Funny that GB defeated and finished above Australia, but they got Czechia and now Finland, while GB got Serbia and then it would have been Italy.

Italy vs Serbia should be an interesting semi-final. Sinner vs Djokovic for the third time in 10 days.

gilbertharding

Djokovic is an absolute roaster, obviously, but are British Tennis Fans worse? Is possible.

Deanjam

British sports fans insisting on taking a band to events is pretty annoying.

Deanjam

David Nalbandian is in trouble for filming his ex girlfriend after a camera was found hidden in her bedroom. He's admitted putting it there but says he never used it.

shoulders

Quote from: selectivememory on November 19, 2023, 05:49:46 PMWe are never going to be free of this man.

On the plus side it forestalls Djokovic being installed as Serbian president and trying to retake Kosovo.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Deanjam on November 24, 2023, 12:40:45 PMBritish sports fans insisting on taking a band to events is pretty annoying.

We went to the Manchester leg of this and the band was clearly provided as part of the entertainment by organisers, each team had a small band of 4 or so and they played very carefully in turns and inbetween points. It was bloody awful and a clear attempt to inject atmosphere. Let me assure you it didn't work.

Deanjam

Sinner beats Djokovic again at Davis Cup. Still doubles to play. Hopefully he can carry this on into next season.

selectivememory

Shame he couldn't do it in the one that mattered most, but still, two wins over Djokovic in the last couple of weeks is definitely notable given he'd not managed it once before.

selectivememory

Quote from: shoulders on November 24, 2023, 10:23:34 PMOn the plus side it forestalls Djokovic being installed as Serbian president and trying to retake Kosovo.

Ah, yes, I saw the Serbs had come out onto court the other day to a song that apparently called for the annexation of Kosovo. Thank fuck they're out, feel like there could have been ugly scenes if they'd won it.

shoulders

Quote from: selectivememory on November 25, 2023, 07:28:06 PMAh, yes, I saw the Serbs had come out onto court the other day to a song that apparently called for the annexation of Kosovo.

What the fuck

selectivememory

Some people have disputed that interpretation of the song, and the tweet that first raised it was a Kosovan news account, but also there are loads of ugly replies expressing sentiments along the lines of "how can we annex what's already ours?"

https://twitter.com/kos_data/status/1727762653030838775

Dunno what to make of it, as I'm really no expert, but also we do know Djokovic's opinion on the matter, and it wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened with the Serbian team.

shoulders

Isn't the point that no song should go near that subject? I mean ffs.

Btw, hahahahahahaha Sinner

QuoteIn a high-quality second singles match, world number four Sinner saved three match points to inflict a first Davis Cup defeat on Djokovic since a retirement against Juan Martin del Potro 12 years - and 21 matches - ago.

Nae bad

Kankurette

Quote from: Deanjam on November 24, 2023, 12:40:45 PMBritish sports fans insisting on taking a band to events is pretty annoying.
The only thing worse than being a Sheffield Wednesday fan is being an autistic Sheffield Wednesday fan with perfect pitch. It's a combo of shit band induced despair. 

Djokovic is such a turd.