Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League 2023

Started by dr beat, February 04, 2023, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyg27

Quote from: Mr Eggs on October 15, 2023, 04:16:58 PMLondon Broncos. Wowza.

Fuck yes. See you in SL next year, dickheads.

(then probably back down in the Championship in two years, whatever)

(unless IMG pull some strings, of course...)

mikeyg27

England - Tonga 1st test was much more like it. England have this annoying habit of not finishing games off - they were the better team, Tonga were basically out of ideas in the final 20 minutes, then they somehow get a try and it's squeaky bum time for the final 2 minutes. When Mikey Lewis and Harry Smith learn to pass to each other I imagine that the England attack will be a lot more fluent.

Mr Eggs

Elliott Whitehead looking very much 34 years old.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Mr Eggs on October 29, 2023, 09:09:47 PMElliott Whitehead looking very much 34 years old.

Guess he's feeling it too, because he's retiring from internationals after this Test. We really do need a re-stocking of forwards - having Whitehead, Hill and Farrell in this series feels a bit short-sighted.

The Kangaroos got absolutely pantsed by the Kiwis this morning which was fun.

Mr Eggs

Dave Woods reckons this is a terrific test match. He must be pissed.

Mr Eggs

Tonga have been god awful. Konrad Hurrell possibly the worst international performance I've ever seen.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Mr Eggs on November 04, 2023, 03:57:24 PMTonga have been god awful. Konrad Hurrell possibly the worst international performance I've ever seen.

Early 90s there was a GB test when Andy Currier of Widnes had an absolute shocker. We reminded him of it whenever we played them.

mikeyg27

Obligatory Karl Pratt 1st Test vs New Zealand 2002 reference.

Anyway, worth it for that Newman try. England got better as the series went along. Tonga were rudderless outside the first half of the 1st Test and for the last 10 minutes today.

dr beat

Tonga not the worst I've seen, they just didn't play as a team.

Thought some of the video ref calls yesterday were contentious.  Whitehead's disallowed try looked like there was enough on it to be good.  But the try that was awarded shortly after looked like double movement to me.

Quote from: Gulftastic on November 04, 2023, 04:07:16 PMEarly 90s there was a GB test when Andy Currier of Widnes had an absolute shocker. We reminded him of it whenever we played them.

Currier was never much of a fan favourite at Widnes.  A big centre who could run when he wanted to and scored his fair share of tries, but yes was inconsistent.  I used to drink in the same pub as him and he liked his beer and cigs.  But tbf not the only RL player of his generation who did so.

Gulftastic

Elland Road. FFS. They want rid of magic it seems.