Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:24:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rugby League 2023

Started by dr beat, February 04, 2023, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

I'm not even sure if ShitLeeds turned up this week as Leigh seem like a good team.

Gulftastic

Well done Hull. Ground that one out showing levels of effort I didn't think they had.

Old Thrashbarg

It was not a result I was expecting! So little evidence of defensive resiliency this year, so to hang on under that amount of pressure was a nice surprise. The weather obviously helped quite a lot, but it at least gives some hope that there might be a more positive rest of the season.

dr beat

dr beat

Hello, Newman!

Edit: the Wigan walk!

Gulftastic

What the actual flip? Dreadful for most of first half, down to 12 men.

Then we absolutely battered them 2nd half. Amazing

Old Thrashbarg

Can't really remember a game quite like that. 34-4 to Leeds since the red card.

Gulftastic

Quite spectacular implosion from Salford in the opening 15 minutes of the second half. Some breathtaking stuff.

Gulftastic

Two cracking matches in a row on Sky. They are getting their moneys worth at the moment.

I was annoyed that good Leeds turned up last night, then half of them got bloody injured.

Mr Eggs

Warrington. Absolute den of cashed-up fuckwits.

dr beat

^Saying nothing.  Anyway, anyone watch Saints v Cats last night? Thought Saints were robbed a penalty at the end, not that I'm a fan.  Great game though.

Gulftastic

Both sides had some dodgy as fuck calls, I thought. Stains really should have taken advantage of all that possession though. Only themselves to blame.

Mr Eggs

Tried to post a picture of Stef Ratchford looking like a haunted goth binman asking Tanya on the BBC for sanctuary but the imgur aint havin this shite via the pic inclusions in the usual fashion.

https://imgur.com/a/HeV0UkS

Gulftastic

Boom! What a game. Hull KR next.

Thanks to the BBC for their excellent coverage. When I watch a game in the flesh I always wonder if the coaches are watching too. Luckily, the Beeb cut to one or both of them approximately every 5 minutes to reassure us.

dr beat

As if Leigh couldn't get any more insufferable ;)

dr beat

Gulftastic

A final without any of the usual suspects! Excellent.

dr beat

Yeah notwithstanding my disdain of Leigh Thats A Proper Final.

dr beat

This Saints-Leeds game is a bit of an error-fest.

Mr Eggs

Powell surely be gettin' booted tonight.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Mr Eggs on July 30, 2023, 04:21:47 PMPowell surely be gettin' booted tonight.

Yeah, he's gone.

'Mutual consent', apparently.

Right.

Mr Eggs

He's now free to fulfill his destiny and relegate Cas.

dr beat

Anyone watching Wire v Cats?

Gulftastic

Quote from: dr beat on August 04, 2023, 08:49:51 PMAnyone watching Wire v Cats?

I watched. It's a shame Powell was sacked as it seemed to leave the home crowd confused. Normally during a thrashing like that they provide some world class booing but the limbo like state of the club made that a bit redundant.

Gulftastic

Leeds appear to have given up for the season.

The club requires such a massive rebuild I'm honestly not sure where we go from here.

Mr Eggs

Blake Austin has dumped you right in the shit.

Mr Eggs

Gak and gambling enthusiast Sam Burgess is Wire boss next year.

Might get some decent NRL talent in on the back of it before the wheels fall off.

dr beat

Also Sean Long has very suddenly left Fev, some rumours he might also be headed to Warrington.

Mr Eggs