Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:59:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CRICKET 2023 (ASHES SPECIAL): REQUIEM FOR BAZBALL

Started by sevendaughters, June 29, 2023, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

Continue to discuss the 4-1 Ashes series victory for Australia against Ben Stokes' Bat and Ball Bongo Brainboxes.

iamcoop

lmao went into a 45 min meeting 1 down, came out, turned on my phone and the first thing I saw was a text from my dad saying ABJECT CUNTS so I knew we'd shit the bed.

Cuellar

Quote from: badaids on June 29, 2023, 06:10:31 PMJust seen the wicket replays - pure profligate idiocy.

What will it take for the Sky commentators to ever not describe the day's play as some variation of fascinating.

It's fascinating how gravepilled England continue to be.

Thursday

Is Stokes okay? He's leaving balls that it would be stupid to go for?

badaids

Quote from: Thursday on June 29, 2023, 06:13:55 PMIs Stokes okay? He's leaving balls that it would be stupid to go for?

Worries he'll be given out for affray if he goes at them too hard.

centristmelt

If we can cut the lead to under 50 I'll be happy

druss

Might seem crazy but maybe Stokes should recover from his injury before playing for England.

Cuellar

Quote from: druss on June 29, 2023, 06:20:40 PMMight seem crazy but maybe Stokes should recover from his injury before playing for England.

Such a non-basraball opinion. Front line spinner got a manky finger? No problem. Captain generally crocked? Get him playing.

badaids

Quote from: druss on June 29, 2023, 06:20:40 PMMight seem crazy but maybe Stokes should recover from his injury before playing for England.

No the injury helps England just smash every ball for six none of this running sharp singles nonsense.

England should only pick players who can't run.

Cuellar

Who here sent the "Boring bat and ball bongo" comment in to cricinfo

rjd2

Odd test so far, Australia would have felt yesterday that 500 was feasible while England will be fuming with those 3 wickets but nonetheless 278/4 is a decent score.

Stokes has batted sensibly, but he isn't lasting five tests.

rjd2

With Lyon injured , it's England day despite those demented 45 minutes.

That Marnus drop also LOL.

Duckett interview on TMS: "I will resolutely refuse to learn my lessons."

iamcoop

To be fair to that Barney Ronay column it is literally like a cult at this point

Pranet

Roxy Robinson

BAZZA IS BACK

Unironically.

Fucking loser mentality on here sometimes.

mattyc

The fact that Stokes has come in and made 17 off 57, not swinging at short balls shows that there's no obligation to play one-speed all out attacking cricket. So why not send word out to Pope and Duckett to rein it in a bit? Let the seamers tire themselves out with the short stuff, no Lyon to take the workload off them, finish the day 230 for 1 or 2, get out there again and force them to bowl another 70-80 overs with 3 seamers + Green + Head + Smith. It's so frustrating when England have had a good day to be thinking that it should have been even better.

Whatever your approach to test cricket, from ultra-aggressive to the dullest of grinding, when the opposition is down you have to put the boot in, not give them a way back into the game. Lyon's injury was England's opportunity to do that, just as Cummins feeling obliged to put men on the boundary on the 1st morning was England's oportunity in the 1st test, and both times England have let them back in. It doesn't mean that they won't win the Ashes, but ffs why make things so much harder for themselves?

pierre boo-lez

Quote from: badaids on June 29, 2023, 06:24:40 PMEngland should only pick players who can't run.

Sir Captain Tom's time to shine!

iamcoop

Quote from: Roxy Robinson on June 29, 2023, 07:10:34 PMBAZZA IS BACK

Unironically.

Fucking loser mentality on here sometimes.

If Duckett pointlessly chasing a short one and getting out on 98 during an Ashes test at Lords is a winning mentality then good luck to him. The only thing he'd be winning if I was captain would be a roundhouse kick to the jaw in the sheds for being such a thick-brained cunt. Grind them down. Mash them up. Destroy them. Don't gift them fuck all.

sevendaughters

iamcoop

Botham has always been a fucking prick. Comes across even more so on that.

druss

Don't think Chappell comes across any better, probably worse.

shoulders

Quote from: rjd2 on June 29, 2023, 06:39:22 PMWith Lyon injured , it's England day despite those demented 45 minutes.

That Marnus drop also LOL.

Nah evens for the day. We should have planted them on the floor, instead in 2 wickets time Broad/Robinson are in. And our 2 batsmen are Stokes who doesn't exactly look like scoring centuries with 1 leg and Brook who hasn't quite convinced he won't have a brainfart. Then Bairstow.

druss

If you'd said to Australia they would be 138 ahead at the end of the day and have England 4 down I don't think they would have taken that from the position they were in. We should be in an even better position but we still had the better day overall for me.

shoulders

Quote from: druss on June 29, 2023, 08:31:31 PMIf you'd said to Australia they would be 138 ahead at the end of the day and have England 4 down I don't think they would have taken that from the position they were in. We should be in an even better position but we still had the better day overall for me.

Not how Australians think. I think they'll be fucking delighted to be 2 wickets away from the tail with the morning session ahead on a day where their spinner died of Calf and England at one stage looked like nuking them into orbit.