Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CRICKET 2023 (ASHES SPECIAL): REQUIEM FOR BAZBALL

Started by sevendaughters, June 29, 2023, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Only Zaman's 3rd knock of the tournament as well. Always seems a very, very handy opener in ODIs, but Pakistan selection is always mad.

Thursday

Ahh there we go, was confused by the lack of total and instant capitulation.

I'm sure Moeen Ali will lead us home. When has he ever let us down?

Thursday

Time to deliver for Bairstow... ahh well
Time to deliver for Root... ahh well
Time to deliver for Buttler... ahh well
Time to deliver for Lvingstone... ahh well

We're probably winning if that lost musters 100 runs between them.

Thursday

Inspector Norse

Really looking forward to seeing how these get on against India's spin attack in the test series

shoulders

The fun thing is Stokes simultaneously kept us in yet cost us the match.

shoulders

Quote from: Quote on November 04, 2023, 03:46:31 PMI'm sure Moeen Ali will lead us home. When has he ever let us down?

Another cricketer who has become a good idea rather than an actual day to day performer.

FeederFan500

Quote from: shoulders on November 04, 2023, 02:12:16 PMIsh Sodhi could consider taking the blame for conceding 20 in the penultimate over but it was actually that plus the single off Mitchell in the final over before the break that would have swung it.

Horribly unfair as the chasing side can see the rain approaching and adjust how attacking they are. Duckworth-Lewis doesn't seem to make allowances in those situations.

It sort of makes allowances because if you lose a wicket going for your more attacking shots the par score rises too.

shoulders

Yes, ok, perhaps it doesn't bend to the approach satisfactory. I would add that there is no elegant solution but it could use a more dynamic reworking.

There's a bigger question which is that Pakistan may have been 200-1 but they were only halfway towards an insane target, I would still give the benefit to the side defending in that situation as it also reflects that they've done more work, been tested for longer.