Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,331
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:45:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CRICKET 2023 (ASHES SPECIAL): REQUIEM FOR BAZBALL

Started by sevendaughters, June 29, 2023, 05:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

Cuellar

I suppose if the last batters put on about 50 it won't be too bad, but England should really be looking at a lead

druss

Pre-bazball England had not lost a home Ashes series since 2001.

Doesn't matter what happens in every other series, when we lose this one it will define bazball. That brainless declaration on day 1 has set the tone but not in the way our idiot players think. Duckett's interview yesterday was as infuriating as our tactics.

robhug

Quote from: Quote on June 30, 2023, 12:10:36 PMYoung Johnny Braindead.

in an innings of hilarious dismissals, Bairstow's takes the biscuit. Last batsman doing that, over a hundred behind and with a painfully long tail, then just walk off like you dont really give a shit anyway.

Cuellar

Quote from: Cuellar on June 30, 2023, 12:14:48 PMI suppose if the last batters put on about 50 it won't be too bad, but England should really be looking at a lead

Alright well this isn't happening

poo

poo

Shittest load of bollocks in the history of the world. Fuck off.

Cuellar

How many of those wickets can you say Australia earned? Very few.

Thursday

This is all just so it'll be exciting when we have to chase down 501 in the 4th innings.

Norton Canes

The only silver lining (apart from all the LOLZ obv) is that the braying cunts praising Bairstow and the rest for grappling the Just Stop Oil protesters probs aren't so keen to big up their man now

Norton Canes

Jonathan Agnew: "Australia have burgled a lead there"

Well if you will leave your windows wide fucking open with a big sign outside saying WE'RE ON HOLIDAY

Beagle 2

What?! I only just remembered to check the score and oh deary me.

Psybro

Last two sessions have felt a bit Brazil 0 - 5 Germany HT

Beagle 2

Still hopeful this series might get my son into cricket as most of those dismissals looked very similar to the uncoordinated frightened swish and hope approach I see from the six-year-olds down the park of a Saturday afternoon. All about relatable content. 

shoulders

sevendaughters

absolutely no English player gets out of this game without criticism, even if we win, which we won't

Warner regularly laughing & joking with the England bowlers.

Jofra rolling in his grave.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 30, 2023, 02:28:59 PMabsolutely no English player gets out of this game without criticism, even if we win, which we won't

Tongue?

robhug

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 30, 2023, 02:28:59 PMabsolutely no English player gets out of this game without criticism, even if we win, which we won't

Tounge does look like he's got something about him

You wont hear a whiff of criticism about Anderson

iamcoop

Duckett sounded like a pathetic arrogant cunt on TMS last night so he's the one I despise the most at the moment. The Heaven's Gate of test cricket.

Joe Root getting a second chance and using it to get out in exactly the same manner must be up there.

druss

Quote from: iamcoop on June 30, 2023, 02:57:22 PMDuckett sounded like a pathetic arrogant cunt on TMS last night so he's the one I despise the most at the moment. The Heaven's Gate of test cricket.
"If we had seen off the short pitch bowling by not attacking it then Australia would have won that battle".

Whereas Australia taking 3 wickets cheaply with the short ball tactic yesterday afternoon was presumably England winning that battle by his logic.

iamcoop

Doing this thing they all do in the Stokes era now where someone asks them a completely legitimate question like "why did you all bat like complete bellends for no reason?" and getting all incredulous and petulant like "Wow....just....wow. I actually can't really believe you've asked that question. Just...wow."

Ridiculous and makes me want to cave the radio in.

poo

Series gone. Onwards to Wales getting dumped out of the Rugby World Cup by Portugal in September.

badaids

Great to see Dean Gaffney given a new lease of life as an ICC umpire.